Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

pcadhain wrote: »
    For a second I thought that was Winnie the Pooh in the middle there. Brave stance by Lego.

Some Batmobile news:

The Batmobile has been spotted in a Billund store for 280 Euro

Official images have been released of the limited edition Batmobile. Is it normal for a UCS type product to have a smaller version of a UCS come with the purchase in gift form?

Not that unusual for these model cars. Mini had one, campervan had one. There’s probably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Beetle and London bus had them too. (I have them all on my shelves beside the larger scale models)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I might be wrong, but I don't think the mini versions were tied to buying the larger version, I think they were simply part of their usual free gift for spending x.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I might be wrong, but I don't think the mini versions were tied to buying the larger version, I think they were simply part of their usual free gift for spending x.

I definitely got the mini London bus with a normal purchase over x amount. That's not to say it was originally tied to the sale of the larger bus.

I got some of them as "gift" and bought others aftermarket but the London Bus was certainly available as a stand alone purchase at the time. It may have been a special though as I bought it in Hamleys who could well have had a special deal with Lego on such an iconic London set...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Yeah, I have the London bus, Mini, camper van, and Beetle, and none of the mini versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Not that unusual for these model cars. Mini had one, campervan had one. There’s probably more.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-batman-40433-1989-batmobile-limited-edition-revealed-as-gift-with-purchase-freebie/

I know there have been mini versions of other models before but thats not what I asked; the Batmobile has a smaller 366-piece version come as a free gift. I haven't seen that happen before.

The smaller one is beautiful. I can see that being hot property on the second hand market (or being bricklinked extensively!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

pcadhain wrote: »
    https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-batman-40433-1989-batmobile-limited-edition-revealed-as-gift-with-purchase-freebie/

I know there have been mini versions of other models before but thats not what I asked; the Batmobile has a smaller 366-piece version come as a free gift. I haven't seen that happen before.

ah:eek: yes this is new. they previously released some mini versions but they usually come out at a later stage (and usually are promotional items). I knew that lego team is some huge DC fan

wow this is the best mini set i have seen (and it is minifig scale), jaysus....now now....
    1989_lego_batmobile_tim_burton_9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sleepy wrote: »
    The smaller one is beautiful. I can see that being hot property on the second hand market (or being bricklinked extensively!)

I'll be torn between keeping mine for my 'retro vehicles shelf'* or just offloading it. Might just end up tossing a coin :)

*Mystery Machine, Tron Light Bikes, Flintstones car, DeLorean, Ghostbusters Car, 60's Batmobile etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Looking for some advice if anyone can think of anything! One of the kids has decided he loves the Ninjago Ghost Warrior figures, specifically the ones that don't have normal legs but kinda float.
    1) I don't want to buy fakes from China
    2) I don't want to buy a big set that some might come in - Ninjago Lego has too many piece types that don't fit back in with normal models
    Where else am I likely to be able to get a few figures, as close to new as possible? Tried Adverts but nothing jumped out there.
    Thanks

g0g wrote: »
    Looking for some advice if anyone can think of anything! One of the kids has decided he loves the Ninjago Ghost Warrior figures, specifically the ones that don't have normal legs but kinda float.
    1) I don't want to buy fakes from China
    2) I don't want to buy a big set that some might come in - Ninjago Lego has too many piece types that don't fit back in with normal models
    Where else am I likely to be able to get a few figures, as close to new as possible? Tried Adverts but nothing jumped out there.
    Thanks

Bricklink.com is your best bet. You'll be able to find a wide range of figs and multiples too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Anywhere in Ireland where I can get the Winter Holiday Train? I see that Smyths don't stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

embraer170 wrote: »
    Anywhere in Ireland where I can get the Winter Holiday Train? I see that Smyths don't stock it.

John Lewis in England stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Worth keeping an eye on John Lewis if you are looking for something. I got the Bugatti for €204 delivered a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

errrmmmmm, my jaw dropped for a second there

https://brickset.com/article/47293/the-lego-group-acquires-bricklink

seraphimvc wrote: »

I... am going to keep an open mind. Could shore up some gaps in the market between 1st and 2nd hand or it could be dreadful. A year from now, we'll have an idea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's a weird one. Not sure what is in it for Lego and would have thought them leaving it independent and just observe from a distance what people are buying a selling and otherwise keep out of it would be the most sensible thing to do.

Only reason I could think for Lego to buy it was if they wanted to shut down the second hand market, which I'm sure they don't, but making the second hand marketplace owned by the manufacturer seems very weird and just confuses things. Unless there is something else that BrinkLink does which I'm not aware of?

robinph wrote: »
    It's a weird one. Not sure what is in it for Lego and would have thought them leaving it independent and just observe from a distance what people are buying a selling and otherwise keep out of it would be the most sensible thing to do.

Only reason I could think for Lego to buy it was if they wanted to shut down the second hand market, which I'm sure they don't, but making the second hand marketplace owned by the manufacturer seems very weird and just confuses things. Unless there is something else that BrinkLink does which I'm not aware of?

They hardly bought it for the MOC store or the designer tool?

They hardly bought it for the MOC store or the designer tool?

I think I read in the announcement that Lego themselves were involved in the recent designer MOC competition where people could buy the winners (castle, inventors house, history of Lego etc) so maybe more of that? I'd be for it. Could integrate well with Lego IDEAS, especially with the drop-off in entries after the recent restriction on submission rules.

I doubt they'll stick their oar into the sale of parts and second-hand sets, everyone will just migrate to a competitor.

• Advertisement

Don't underestimate the value of the Bricklink database. They'd have terabytes of data regarding which elements are in high demand, which are most wish listed, which ones can't be sold for love nor money etc.

Anyone tried the IE lego site in the last hour? Most of it crashing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah, disaster. I pressed "place order" on the new batmobile and it has just crashed ever since. Presume the order hasn't gone through

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah, disaster. I pressed "place order" on the new batmobile and it has just crashed ever since. Presume the order hasn't gone through

Same. But crashed when I clicked it. Cant access themes, login etc..

Boarding a flight in the next 20-30 mins and concerned I'll miss the MF scale GWP batmobile. The only reason I'm ordering straight away. Otherwise can wait for the UCS

Baby crying woke me at 3am, soothed with one arm and ordered Batmobile with the other. Modern parenting 101.

Lego website looks to shit the bed at the first chance but I've found the mobile version to be a bit more stable at these times. Maybe it's less to load or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ordered the Batmobile first thing this morning too (7:15-ish?), and had no problem with the website.

Was nice to see they were automatically including the mini-batmobile and the Christmas Tree to the basket automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

No mini batmobile being added now... I guess limited supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like they've even taken it out of the description, where it was definitely listed earlier!
    Day 1 demand must have been much greater than they'd anticipated, as it was due to run from today until December 5th (so the first week)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

madalig12 wrote: »
    John Lewis in England stock it

It seems to be on the list of items they don't deliver to Ireland.

• Advertisement

Mini Gingerbread House is a free gift with any purchase over €100 while the Obi-Wan poly is free with any Star Wars purchase over €40.

Advertisement