Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

is outttttt guyss, i am so surprised that we only got the reveal until now (and not even a full reveal)
    Bookshop.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

seraphimvc wrote: »
    is outttttt guyss, i am so surprised that we only got the reveal until now (and not even a full reveal)

I like it, it seems like a return to the slightly simpler designs/size of a few years ago. Looks like it may separate like Pet Shop, which is something I've always wanted to see again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The two baseplates would make separation almost definite I'd say

Photos of the modules on S@H confirm it separates in to two buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Sweet! My shelves only had space for 2.5 modulars. Now I can fill in those nasty gaps.

• Advertisement

Assembly Square on one, Pet Shop split, this split and you're fine until next year probably :p

Depends how far back you go of course, I have bricklinked all the way back (only started with genuine boxes on the 4th myself) but Market Street also splits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Know this is a long shot but would anyone have the Gingerbread House 10267 they would sell? Daughter has decided she wants it for Christmas but of course she didn't tell Santa this when she was shown it a few times in November! It's on backorder but not available till January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Ryath wrote: »
    Know this is a long shot but would anyone have the Gingerbread House 10267 they would sell? Daughter has decided she wants it for Christmas but of course she didn't tell Santa this when she was shown it a few times in November! It's on backorder but not available till January.
    You based anywhere near North Wicklow? I've young kids and would hate to see anyone stuck for a Santa present. I took delivery of one of these last week and it's only sitting in the attic so am happy to help you out if you collect. Drop me a PM.

Unfortunately still looking despite gOgs best intentions its the large Gingerbread House I need and he just has the mini one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Unfortunately still looking despite gOgs best intentions its the large Gingerbread House I need and he just has the mini one.

Don't have one but Bricklink has a good few

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=180237#T=S&O={%22reg%22:%22-1%22,%22iconly%22:0}

You might be able to get one from an EU Seller and sort out express delivery as an option.

Here's one from Netherlands, new and sealed
    https://store.bricklink.com/captain.brick?itemID=187375837#/shop

Good luck

• Advertisement

Looked yesterday but didn't see any that cheap. 62.50 for priority delivery is making it bit too pricey at €172.50. And will probably only get here if shipped today.

One in Switzerland for €90 with €43 for priority which I would pay but that's 3 business days just too tight. :(:confused: €87 for next business day.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

I've got one I'd be happy to let you have for the price I paid.. Only problem is it would need to be collected this evening. Drop me a pm and we can see if we can sort it out.

friso59 wrote: »
    I've got one I'd be happy to let you have for the price I paid.. Only problem is it would need to be collected this evening. Drop me a pm and we can see if we can sort it out.

You're a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Looked yesterday but didn't see any that cheap. 62.50 for priority delivery is making it bit too pricey at €172.50. And will probably only get here if shipped today.

One in Switzerland for €90 with €43 for priority which I would pay but that's 3 business days just too tight. :(:confused: €87 for next business day.

Shocking prices for delivery, a day return on Ryanair might be cheaper!!!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Hope it works out for you.

Wouldn't you need to pay VAT on something from Switzerland?

Shocking prices for delivery, a day return on Ryanair might be cheaper!!!

I was nearly considering that if it was cheaper! Don't have to now though thanks to the legend that is Frisco! Meeting him later.
    embraer170 wrote: »
    Hope it works out for you.

Wouldn't you need to pay VAT on something from Switzerland?

Forgot about that bit! :o

All sorted thanks to friso59 who very generously sold it to me. Wouldn't even take the extra 20 I gave him.

She will be really surprised on the morning she's accepted now she left it too late!

Does anyone know if Lego have a sale today or double VIP points?

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Does anyone know if Lego have a sale today or double VIP points?

Doesn't look like it, just some retiring items on Sale, and 2xVIP is only on Downtown Fire Brigade and Heartlake City Amusement Pier (which were the same before Christmas)

Spocker wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it, just some retiring items on Sale, and 2xVIP is only on Downtown Fire Brigade and Heartlake City Amusement Pier (which were the same before Christmas)

Cheers, seen that been so long since I bought post Christmas lego that I couldn't remember if they done a sale or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Another Millennium Falcon set amongst the raft of 2020 sets. Insane how many times they rinse and repeat it with minor changes.

Some nice new (and iconic) sets up there now in the Star Wars sets.

Another Millennium Falcon set amongst the raft of 2020 sets. Insane how many times they rinse and repeat it with minor changes.

Some nice new (and iconic) sets up there now in the Star Wars sets.

The new Landspeeder seems silly but picked up Obi-Wans hut today which looks class. Like the look of the new battle packs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Busy building my new Lego Technic Porsche 911 in my hotel room - it is a thing of beauty - my main Xmas pressie from my OH yesterday.

Delighted!! :D

Any other LEGO Boardsies get their wished-for sets from Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

My Other half got me the Ford Mustang and Saturn V Rocket, But more importantly she got us a trip to go to the Lego house in February. I did drop a few not so subtle hints about the lego house, Thankfully it worked.

Didn't get any sets this year, but got a spare bit of cash. I'm torn between the land rover and the rough terrain crane. Which is a better build, I'd lean towards the land rover on looks but the crane looks pretty cool too and also looks quite big. Any suggestions boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just on the Lego website there and see some of the Lego sets on sale for 30% off that I like. I know by looking at the site over last year or two they might go to 50% off. Just wondering as I have only bought off their site once or twice when this usually happens or am I'm just dreaming that it does? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

How long does postage usually took when buying off the lego website. Never ordered from them before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

How long does postage usually took when buying off the lego website. Never ordered from them before

Slow enough. Just under two weeks is my experience. Having said that my wife bought me the batmobile for Christmas and it disappeared in transit. She contacted them and was sent out another one within 3 days arriving on the 23rd.

Brother-in-law got my daughter the Friends cafe set - I'm jealous of my own child :( she built it all by herself and it's a wonderfully constructed set.

Son got the 60233 Donut Shop Opening from Santa which is a really nice set too - except ours was missing the crane jib :mad: a replacement part is on the way but it'll probably take another week. He got enough other stuff to be able to cope :) (and brother in law got him his first Star Wars set.)

I'd promised to build my Saturn V before this holiday period was over, and maybe even let the kids help :cool: we'll see!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

Have Lego changed how their boxes are closed on all sets, or is it just on online ordered sets?

The online ordered ones recently have just narrow bits of tape holding them closed (possibility to reseal and resale returned sets??) instead of the thumb-shaped perforated bits in the cardboard - no way those boxes were ever going to be resold as new.

Advertisement