Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Have Lego changed how their boxes are closed on all sets, or is it just on online ordered sets?

The online ordered ones recently have just narrow bits of tape holding them closed (possibility to reseal and resale returned sets??) instead of the thumb-shaped perforated bits in the cardboard - no way those boxes were ever going to be resold as new.

Most of the bigger boxes have had the tape for many years, the thumb push is only on the smaller ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Slow enough. Just under two weeks is my experience. Having said that my wife bought me the batmobile for Christmas and it disappeared in transit. She contacted them and was sent out another one within 3 days arriving on the 23rd.

I think they have either changed their courier or process, as postage seems quicker recently, I ordered a few things before Christmas and got them all within a week.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I think they have either changed their courier or process, as postage seems quicker recently, I ordered a few things before Christmas and got them all within a week.

Nightline have been delivering my packages from Lego recently, we've a good driver covering my area so they are pretty nippy in arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

How long does postage usually took when buying off the lego website. Never ordered from them before
    Slow enough. Just under two weeks is my experience. Having said that my wife bought me the batmobile for Christmas and it disappeared in transit. She contacted them and was sent out another one within 3 days arriving on the 23rd.

Lego switched over to DPD recently and delivery times (for the most part) have been very quick. On average, I will have the set in hand 3-4 days after ordering online.

I have heard of a few people waiting weeks for a delivery though.

I ordered on the 26th and it was out for delivery on the 30th so much faster than previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Yes Lego have changed to DPD in the past couple of months, It used to be An post who did the deliveries, But all of the Christmas stuff i ordered this year defiantly arrived much quicker with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just got a delivery from an order placed on New Years day. DPD are much faster than An Post alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

so the 2 chinese new year sets are now available! https://www.lego.com/en-ie/categories/chinese-new-year?icmp=HP-SHH-OC-MT-chines-1487

170e - so this will be my 'modular' set of 2020 lol (i will get the 2020modular next year or later)

(for those who curious how much will buying in £ works out - £155 so it will be 182e - rare that it is cheaper to get it in euro)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Im wondering if anyone saw the free in store build lego did during the week of the Newsstand, Is there anyway to get that free build or would i just have to bricklink the parts myself, Since we are not lucky enough to have a lego store on this isle. I thought about ringing lego customer service to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

I'm moving and need to let go some of my technic sets, what is the best way to try and sell them, Adverts and DoneDeal don't seem to get much traction? MTIA!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Quintis wrote: »
    I'm moving and need to let go some of my technic sets, what is the best way to try and sell them, Adverts and DoneDeal don't seem to get much traction? MTIA!

Someone here might take them off you, can you post a list and some prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Spocker wrote: »
    Someone here might take them off you, can you post a list and some prices?

https://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-technic-8063-tractor-with-trailer/18829363

https://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-technic/18635296

I'd be willing to do a deal on the lot. 2 sets are missing instructions, which I can pick up off Ebay if wanted!

You could list them on bricklink but if there are pieces missing you won't get any interest. Instructions and boxes won't be as much of an issue.

Only drawback on bricklink is you'll need to post everything registered because you'll need to provide tracking info for paypal and outside of Ireland does rates get pretty mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/old-trafford-manchester-united-10272

Model of Old Trafford. Impressive and I'd say will prove very popular

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fanny **** wrote: »
    https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/old-trafford-manchester-united-10272

Model of Old Trafford. Impressive and I'd say will prove very popular

Stores have listed a very simple but nice (if you're a United fan) trinity statue of George Best, Bobby Charlton and Dennis Law that comes with the purchase between 16/1 and 31/1.

5006171.jpg

Wasted opportunity to make a combover hair piece :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone buy the Land Rover discovery technic 42210, looks great

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Looking at the LEGO.com website over the weekend, there are some really superb new sets for 2020. Added about 10 to my “wishlist” already! :D

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Looking at the LEGO.com website over the weekend, there are some really superb new sets for 2020. Added about 10 to my “wishlist” already! :D

My Brickset 'Wanted' list is just shy of 200 sets....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

My Brickset 'Wanted' list is just shy of 200 sets....

Im selling some. Modulars and tumbler and some starwars if u show me the list.

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »

How much for the tumbler?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

International Space Station set to be officially unveiled tomorrow.

The pic on the flyer that was leaked looks pretty cool.

The reason it's almost 200 long is because I have 439 in my owned sets... I can't afford to buy anymore :o

The reason it's almost 200 long is because I have 439 in my owned sets... I can't afford to buy anymore :o

You could do what I did to turn my bloated 'owned' list of between 250 and 300 sets into a svelte 140. Go through your sets and think do you really want each one, could I live without it etc. 'Does it spark joy' :)

I ended up getting rid of some great sets as I couldn't see myself building them again, nowhere to display and could downsize. Sold my Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer and got the midi versions. Sold my UCS Slave 1 and bought the Slave 1 that came with the new Cloud City set (parted it out).

It's not a process that's for everyone, I'll admit that. A good quarter or so of my sets are the mini builds of Star Wars spaceships so that bulks things up a bit too. But I actually enjoy my Lego now, before I just collected it. I've set aside some really fun playsets for when my son is older too so they are in storage for the time being (Sandcrawler, Bag End from the Hobbit etc).

Rhyme wrote: »
    You could do what I did to turn my bloated 'owned' list of between 250 and 300 sets into a svelte 140. Go through your sets and think do you really want each one, could I live without it etc. 'Does it spark joy' :)

I ended up getting rid of some great sets as I couldn't see myself building them again, nowhere to display and could downsize. Sold my Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer and got the midi versions. Sold my UCS Slave 1 and bought the Slave 1 that came with the new Cloud City set (parted it out).

It's not a process that's for everyone, I'll admit that. A good quarter or so of my sets are the mini builds of Star Wars spaceships so that bulks things up a bit too. But I actually enjoy my Lego now, before I just collected it. I've set aside some really fun playsets for when my son is older too so they are in storage for the time being (Sandcrawler, Bag End from the Hobbit etc).

All my Lego sparks joy ;)

I've already cleared out about 50 sets but I'm a hoarder at heart. A lot of these are unopened GWP sets and polybags, I may sell these years from now, I'm not sure. Some are duplicates (like SW Battlepacks) and others I have on display around the house.

I'm still renting but the plan is that when we buy our own place, I'll have a huge room just for the Lego.

Here's my wanted list, a lot of these are wishlist sets which I know I'll never own!

https://brickset.com/sets/wantedby-Davenocheese

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

How much for the tumbler?

Its new in box so over 200e need to check recent prices

All my Lego sparks joy ;)

I've already cleared out about 50 sets but I'm a hoarder at heart. A lot of these are unopened GWP sets and polybags, I may sell these years from now, I'm not sure. Some are duplicates (like SW Battlepacks) and others I have on display around the house.

I'm still renting but the plan is that when we buy our own place, I'll have a huge room just for the Lego.

Nice plan! I recently bought and despite wanting a giant lego room, I ended up with the box room! Slowly rebuilding the collection and getting stuff on display but I've already run out of room.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'm also getting to the stage where I'll have to start thinking about trading some of my larger sets as I'm seriously running out of space to put everything in and my OH is constantly nagging me about it! :o:D

If and when I do trade, what would be the best way to advertise? On BrickLink? On a web-based Lego forum? Or here also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

The Ideas ISS (international Space Station) revealed and avialable for preorder:

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/international-space-station-21321

€69.99 is a nice price for the set.

Advertisement