Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Lego seem to be testing the waters for LED night light kits which would be amazing. The third party kits are always so pricey

https://twitter.com/tormentalous/status/1227931106126651392?s=19

More info here for those with no access to Twitter -
    https://www.brickfanatics.com/official-lego-night-mode-lighting-kits-revealed-at-lego-world/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thinking about picking up a few peices to try and alleviate stress when I get home from work. Im an adult and never built lego before. Love the look of the architecture pieces. Are these a good plaace to start? thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thinking about picking up a few peices to try and alleviate stress when I get home from work. Im an adult and never built lego before. Love the look of the architecture pieces. Are these a good plaace to start? thanks all.

They're great sets, some can be quite finicky and testing but they're generally good. Find one of somewhere you've been and its an awesome display piece. Some of the modulars are great too like the cafe, restaurant etc but can be bulkier to place after build.

They're great sets, some can be quite finicky and testing but they're generally good. Find one of somewhere you've been and its an awesome display piece. Some of the modulars are great too like the cafe, restaurant etc but can be bulkier to place after build.

Thanks for that, ordered the San Fran and Dubai sets. Looking forward to giving them a go.

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

There's a Lego Baby Yoda & Mandalorian Brickheadz on the way! 1st August $19.99

Lego-Brick-Headz-Mandalorian-Baby-Yoda.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry guys im new to this lego thing, have started ona few of the city skylines models but looking for a couple that are discontinued i.e. Chicago. ye know of any other sites where you can pickup such sets? thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Amazon Germany usually has very good prices on the Architecture set's. You will have to pay shipping but still much better value if you buy a couple of sets.

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=lego+architecture&crid=ZX5OYE5NPFK6&sprefix=lego+a%2Caps%2C145&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

Along with the Brickheadz reveal, Lego has revealed this pretty sweet Mandalorian set (Razor Crest) at 1023 pieces. Not out til September and coming in at €130.

Screenshot-20200220-194107.jpg

Along with the Brickheadz reveal, Lego has revealed this pretty sweet Mandalorian set (Razor Crest) at 1023 pieces. Not out til September and coming in at €130.

Screenshot-20200220-194107.jpg

It's mad that it's been announced so far in advance. Looks class though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

It's mad that it's been announced so far in advance. Looks class though

To gauge inventory. Dont want a backlog on day 1.
    Personally cant wait for Disney+ to come so I can see the show

• Advertisement

To gauge inventory. Dont want a backlog on day 1.

The show is very good (IMO). Yeah I guess that makes sense, I had assumed maybe the design hadn't been finished and maybe there was more work to be done to the final model. Can skip the AT-ST now and just pick up the Cara Dune minifig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I wouldn't get excited - unless you're an 8 year old it's just OK, all a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I wouldn't get excited - unless you're an 8 year old it's just OK, all a bit meh.

No brainer in my house. I have a 3 and 5 year old. Plus being able to watch the Clone Wars without loading CDs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The show is very good (IMO). Yeah I guess that makes sense, I had assumed maybe the design hadn't been finished and maybe there was more work to be done to the final model. Can skip the AT-ST now and just pick up the Cara Dune minifig.

Will probably wait for more pics/details to emerge before making a final decision on this one. Seen a lot of comments on other forums about the mando fig being the same as the one in the At-St set. The official description also mentions the internal space, and space for the carbonite cells

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

syboit wrote: »
    Will probably wait for more pics/details to emerge before making a final decision on this one. Seen a lot of comments on other forums about the mando fig being the same as the one in the At-St set. The official description also mentions the internal space, and space for the carbonite cells

It looks as if it is the same minifigure alright, they didn't spring for the Beskar version. Maybe in some future set.

There is a photo floating around of the cockpit view, seating for one and space for The Child to sit on Mando's lap. Doesn't look like there is a control stick for The Child to play with though :/

130e is a bit steep, I might have to wait until later in the year or skip it completely. The rest of the sets for this part of the year should be revealed over the weekend, I'll make my judgement then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Minions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

madalig12 wrote: »
    Minions!!

More set images here as well as prices. Release date 27th April.

I love the look of the Brick Built Minions.

Rhyme wrote: »
    It looks as if it is the same minifigure alright, they didn't spring for the Beskar version. Maybe in some future set.

There is a photo floating around of the cockpit view, seating for one and space for The Child to sit on Mando's lap. Doesn't look like there is a control stick for The Child to play with though :/

130e is a bit steep, I might have to wait until later in the year or skip it completely. The rest of the sets for this part of the year should be revealed over the weekend, I'll make my judgement then.

Some interesting new Star Wars sets rumoured. Supposedly there's a new gunship coming out before the UCS one

Pics of the Razor Crest from NY toy far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Its a me! Lego Mario!

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    Its a me! Lego Mario!

I messed up the Youtube link and can't edit for some reason...

Disappointed they wouldn't let me into Legoland Manchester but I did get into the gift shop.

Thought you'd enjoy some pictures. A lifesize Darth Vader, Old Trafford, and I know the batmobile is available for sale but at that price, this is the closest I'll get to one.

506224.jpg

506225.jpg

506226.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Lego really made MASSIVE changes to the Pirates Ideas winner. And it is so, so much better for it. It's fecking amazing. Going to have to try and dig out my old Black Seas Barracuda to go with it. Unfortunately, will have to give it a miss for a while, otherwise it'd be day one purchase.

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/pirates-of-barracuda-bay-21322

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ah thats pretty cool the way you can build the ship....tempted!!!! 200 quid....ohhhh...i dunno!!! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I am grateful that I am alive to see this :'( my god this is dream comes true *faint*

I have been waiting (so longggg so longgggg ) for this, this is the first time i would do a first day purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Oh that is just phenomenal. Classic pirates probably my favourite theme, I've always wanted to see it return in some form or another. Definitely getting this.

Lego really made MASSIVE changes to the Pirates Ideas winner. And it is so, so much better for it. It's fecking amazing. Going to have to try and dig out my old Black Seas Barracuda to go with it. Unfortunately, will have to give it a miss for a while, otherwise it'd be day one purchase.

Watched that review yesterday - it is an amazing upgrade on the original Ideas model, and a wonderful throwback to a classic 'Legoland' set.

Hopefully we'll get a few more 'nostalgia' sets - they had a mini Galaxy Explorer in a Lego retrospective book a few years back so would be a popular choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Stumbled across this recently.

Looks like a nice addition to the Creator Expert Series for Cars

Fiat 500

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/fiat-500-10271

New Lego Dodge Charger announced. Its actually a tie-in with the Fast and Furious franchise and is Dom's Dodge Charger. Available April 29 at €110 and 1077 pieces

https://twitter.com/tormentalous/status/1244629471426048001?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

New Lego Dodge Charger announced. Its actually a tie-in with the Fast and Furious franchise and is Dom's Dodge Charger. Available April 29 at €110 and 1077 pieces

https://twitter.com/tormentalous/status/1244629471426048001?s=19

Might be the first Technic set I've ever bought.

Advertisement