Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering will the Lego pirate cove be sold in Smyths down the line just with it being 200 Euros on lego.co.uk I know Smyths will have tenner off every 50 so be only 160 if sold in Smyths come September. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just wondering will the Lego pirate cove be sold in Smyths down the line just with it being 200 Euros on lego.co.uk I know Smyths will have tenner off every 50 so be only 160 if sold in Smyths come September. Any thoughts?

They’ve had a few ideas sets, but overall you just can’t be sure what they’ll carry. Eg they’ve given up on the modulars, didn’t bother with the Jurassic park TRex, but then they got the 89 Batmobile really quickly. I’m just not sure if they’ll see the appeal of an adult targeted 200 euro pirates idea set. The last Pirates sets from 3 or 4 years back sold very poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

They’ve had a few ideas sets, but overall you just can’t be sure what they’ll carry. Eg they’ve given up on the modulars, didn’t bother with the Jurassic park TRex, but then they got the 89 Batmobile really quickly. I’m just not sure if they’ll see the appeal of an adult targeted 200 euro pirates idea set. The last Pirates sets from 3 or 4 years back sold very poorly.
    Thanks for that. I will have to decide on it now over the next few days. Was hoping they might of had a small exclusive set with it like they did for the 89 batmobile. Decisions decisions. But thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I will have to decide on it now over the next few days. Was hoping they might of had a small exclusive set with it like they did for the 89 batmobile. Decisions decisions. But thanks for replying.

i ordered my pirate set this morning from lego.com! Stunning set....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Its a bit random alright. They took a good few months to add the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander and Harley Davidson Creator Expert sets but on the other hand they're already advertising the Fast and Furious technic set thats coming out at the end of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭wench

i ordered my pirate set this morning from lego.com! Stunning set....
    I put it in my basket this morning, went back to complete it now and it is already sold out and on back order until next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I'm currently converting my classic mini to a mk1 golf cabriolet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Humming and hawing over a Covid-19* purchase, something to dip into over a few days/weeks. Stuck on either the James Bond DB5, the big T-Rex set or tracking down my white whale, Orthanc, online somewhere.

*I work in a hospital so can't work from home but still... isolation.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Humming and hawing over a Covid-19* purchase, something to dip into over a few days/weeks. Stuck on either the James Bond DB5, the big T-Rex set or tracking down my white whale, Orthanc, online somewhere.

Orthanc is amazing but pretty pricy now. I was looking at the T-Rex set myself but I decided against it on the end. I'm sure the T-Rex is great and the gate looks good from the front. How cramped the back is put me off though.

Orthanc is amazing but pretty pricy now. I was looking at the T-Rex set myself but I decided against it on the end. I'm sure the T-Rex is great and the gate looks good from the front. How cramped the back is put me off though.

Someone in Sweden has just the tower for 174e, I've queried on postage so we'll see.

I keep coming back to the Razorcrest set but that's not out until September. Such a tease to reveal it so soon. Any more unrevealed sets scheduled for release in the next few weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I can only comment on the DB5 (don't have either of the other two) but I really liked it, and more than I thought I might.

I'm also considering a purchase. The Ideas pirate set is a definite possibility, even as a back order. I'm also considering a few old sets on Bricklink.

Someone in Sweden has just the tower for 174e, I've queried on postage so we'll see.

I keep coming back to the Razorcrest set but that's not out until September. Such a tease to reveal it so soon. Any more unrevealed sets scheduled for release in the next few weeks?

Those new helmets are due out. I think I'll pass on them though. I actually think if shipping is less than €75, you should be all over that set!

Those new helmets are due out. I think I'll pass on them though. I actually think if shipping is less than €75, you should be all over that set!

Shipping was 25e, just pounced :)

I've pre-ordered the Boba Fett helmet, can't pass up the Fett.

With all my mewling over the Jurassic Park set, I now really like it. If my work on-call allowance comes through and I can shift some stuff on Adverts, I'll nab it. If anything positive can come from this pandemic, it's saving money from one source (pubs etc) and blowing it on other things (Lego and buying piles books for the kids in my family).

With all my mewling over the Jurassic Park set, I now really like it. If my work on-call allowance comes through and I can shift some stuff on Adverts, I'll nab it. If anything positive can come from this pandemic, it's saving money from one source (pubs etc) and blowing it on other things (Lego and buying piles books for the kids in my family).

If the set is complete that's a bargain Inc shipping. Let me know what you think of the Fett helmet. They look a little small to me but they could look good on display.

I'm very on the fence about the T-Rex set. The T-Rex and front of the gate look great. The little displays at the back look awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Damn, I had just decided to pounce on the ‘Bay to get me through the Easter weekend, but it’s backordered until April 10, so that’s out the window. Question is whether I order and take a chance, and be happy with a LEGO-less long weekend, or go for something else...

Damn, I had just decided to pounce on the ‘Bay to get me through the Easter weekend, but it’s backordered until April 10, so that’s out the window. Question is whether I order and take a chance, and be happy with a LEGO-less long weekend, or go for something else...

What else do you have your eye on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What else do you have your eye on?

The Bookshop was the other front runner. But since posting that earlier, that also went back order. But April 8 rather than 10, so I took a chance and ordered it with expedited shipping. So fingers crossed it'll get here!

I may put through a separate transaction for something to get here guaranteed for the bank holiday...hmm...

If the set is complete that's a bargain Inc shipping. Let me know what you think of the Fett helmet. They look a little small to me but they could look good on display.

I'm very on the fence about the T-Rex set. The T-Rex and front of the gate look great. The little displays at the back look awful though.

Set is missing Treebeard but looks to be complete otherwise. The price is worth it for the tower for me and I can part out Treebeard later on if needs be.

Like most multiples, I'd say the helmets look best all together but I'm sure they each look nice.

The little vignettes at the back are kinda cute, just for the fun. It's more about the T-Rex busting through the gate. I would pay an extra 50/60e for a matching minifigure scale Jeep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bank holidays don't really have any meaning any more :(

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My backordered Bookshop that was dated the 2nd has not shipped yet; so I wouldn't even trust their backorder dates currently. Do have something in transit currently though, so stuff is leaving the warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think I'm finally going to build my Palace Cinema that I've been looking at in the press for the last year. Been dying to get time to build it and nows the time.

It was that, the Death Star or Stranger Things but they're Defcon 1 level builds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Wife has wanted the Stranger Things set since its been out, but I havent seen it discounted much, if at all.

Id like the tree house, but each of those sets are €200.

Might have to settle for the 75192 in the attic...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bookshop shipping conf just arrived.

Palace Cinema is a nice build, some semi-tricky bits to it. I would have preferred a different interior (maybe use the element count from the car) but really I haven't seen it since the last time the set was moved anyway.

Took a quick look at the second hand value of the set there just to see if there was any reason you might not want to build it (I'd build it anyway), but there isn't. But the Town Hall has reached ridiculous values now!

Pirate set shipped from lego in Belgium last night - haven’t a clue how long it will take to arrive

Also bought detective office on bricklink for 250 from Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Pirate set shipped from lego in Belgium last night - haven’t a clue how long it will take to arrive

Mine is still “in warehouse”, hoping it ships soon. A lego delivery 2 weeks ago took 4 days to arrive from Belgium once it was shipped.

brianomc wrote: »
    Mine is still “in warehouse”, hoping it ships soon. A lego delivery 2 weeks ago took 4 days to arrive from Belgium once it was shipped.

I ordered mine about 9am release day, think there was high demand so later orders still to be dispatched I imagine

You made me want Orthanc again so much, I just bought one... And a Helms deep for good measure. May start unloading some of the impulse SW buys!

You made me want Orthanc again so much, I just bought one... And a Helms deep for good measure. May start unloading some of the impulse SW buys!

Niiiiice :)

If you go further off that deep end, you'll buy two sets of The Black Gate to accompany Orthanc.

Niiiiice :)

If you go further off that deep end, you'll buy two sets of The Black Gate to accompany Orthanc.

Now there's a thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hi guys, can anyone recommend a good set to get for a 30+ year old male? something big enough that will consume a good few hours to build. many thanks

Advertisement