Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

hi guys, can anyone recommend a good set to get for a 30+ year old male? something big enough that will consume a good few hours to build. many thanks

Aston Martin if you're a James Bond fan is good fun. Saturn 5 rocket is a great build also. Some of the other car models are nice too like the Ford Mustang.

They're good sized sets (without being enormous) and nice display pieces when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

and forgot to add. this is some of the stuff i had as a youngster if that helps with any suggestions...

340?cb=20090817103027

e3q3s40444u274a4r2e4q2r2h5q2y2x2541354x2b4x2t2p5p4d4x353t2w2s20344q2.jpg

everything seems to be based on a movie now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

and forgot to add. this is some of the stuff i had as a youngster if that helps with any suggestions...

340?cb=20090817103027

New pirates of barracuda bay seems right up your street then.

Aston Martin if you're a James Bond fan is good fun. Saturn 5 rocket is a great build also. Some of the other car models are nice too like the Ford Mustang.

They're good sized sets (without being enormous) and nice display pieces when done.

might give the aston martin a go, thanks!

would prefer more of a castle type thing if i can manage :o

New pirates of barracuda bay seems right up your street then.

21322_Box3_v29.jpg

this? looks ideal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Ordered the Barracuda last night, on back order until April 28th.

Also got the two free Easter gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

LEGO.com DPD shipping to Ireland is really quick still.

I ordered my pirates set on 1 April and got it in Dublin (from Belgium) on 6 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

LEGO.com DPD shipping to Ireland is really quick still.

I ordered my pirates set on 1 April and got it in Dublin (from Belgium) on 6 April.

I'll be expecting the 28th and will be hopeful that it comes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I am a bit disappointed at Lego.

I made a large order on the last day of the 40th anniversary train set offer, when the promotion was still being advertised on the Lego website and I was getting lots of Facebook ads from it. My delivery came without the free set. I complain to Lego and get this reply:

----
    Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We're happy to hear that you’re such an enthusiastic a LEGO!

As the promotion was very popular, the Gift-with-purchase sets were snapped up super quickly and we ran out of stock right before the end of this promotion. We are sorry you couldnt make full use of this promotion.

We do our absolute best to make sure the terms and conditions of each promotion are as clear as possible, so I'm sorry to hear you think we didn't quite get it right with this one.

If you’d like to hear about our current promotions, you can sign up for the LEGO Shop newsletter.

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link

Please let us know if you need anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

340?cb=20090817103027

I remember that one as a child. I unfortunately used the base for a school project, and it is long lost now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I (or rather my eldest) has most, if not all of that set jumbled up in his mixed lego boxes...

embraer170 wrote: »
    I remember that one as a child. I unfortunately used the base for a school project, and it is long lost now.

all mine have survived. must rebuild them when i can get home next. this was my favorite, spread over 2 bases

6292-1.png

have ordered the new barracuda one. hopefully it'll arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering how much has everyone spent on Lego over their adult years? I have spent thousands that's for sure. No where to put them most still just hidden in the eves for when I win the lotto and can afford to get a proper place to build and store them, ha well that's a dream there. But have you lot got to a point that your like you literally have no where to put them and I'm same position? I buy them still ordering online and into the eves they go until one day I may get to make and build them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Brickset gives 6.7k retail price for sets recorded on it; and I've definitely forgotten some sets. I wouldn't have bought every set retail; but the spend on PAB, Bricklink and so on would easily outweigh the difference there.

Would plausibly cost 20k to replace what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I still haven't built the Saturn V and the main reason is I have no fecking idea where to put it once it's built.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

From brickset:

You own 531 items, 434 different.

We have retail prices for 387 of your sets. Their retail value is $20361.

I do some buying / selling, and I have started more seriously culling my collection (new and used), plus with premium paid for retired sets (early modulars, haunted house etc) my total spend would be higher.

I have maybe 3 Collectable Minifigures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

1000 sets and near 3000 minifigs

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Holy moly.

I'd love to see a thread of collection photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

And to those with huge collections... Which were your favourite to build and favourite to look at? :)

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

And to those with huge collections... Which were your favourite to build and favourite to look at? :)

The Saturn V for me, without question

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

My top 3 would be:

21310 Old Fishing Store

10228 Haunted House

10265 Ford Mustang

For anyone who's bricklinked an entire set, is there a way to mass add the parts to a wanted list?

For anyone who's bricklinked an entire set, is there a way to mass add the parts to a wanted list?

Yes, with the correctly formatted file, see here: https://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=207

Or, if it's an existing set, find it on bricklink, and chose "Part Out" to create a new wanted list with all of the parts:

509438.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ajsmiles

541 set, 1167 minifigures. Maybe this has being answered before. Has the quality of minifigures gone downhill? Normal build sets and display. kids and myself got a few sets to build and play with during the lockdown across numerous themes, minifigures from all sets have cracked arms where hand attache. Is this common across all new sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I've ordered some lego from lego. I understand they would be down staff levels but roughly how long does it take to leave the warehouse? Order is in warehouse status

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    I've ordered some lego from lego. I understand they would be down staff levels but roughly how long does it take to leave the warehouse? Order is in warehouse status
    I ordered last Wed morning the 8th and part was delivered today from Belgium via UK despite UK holidays Fri and Mon

What did you order? Maybe its a pre-release/backordered set?

Spocker wrote: »
    What did you order? Maybe its a pre-release/backordered set?

Got notification it has shipped. Be great if I get it by weekend.

I ordered the rolllercoaster

Spocker wrote: »
    Yes, with the correctly formatted file, see here: https://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=207

Or, if it's an existing set, find it on bricklink, and chose "Part Out" to create a new wanted list with all of the parts:

509438.png

Thanks, I'm looking at bricklinking the Clone Wars AT-OT (10195) but looks like it might be cheaper to just buy it which I didn't expect.

• Advertisement

Got notification it has shipped. Be great if I get it by weekend.

I ordered the rolllercoaster

DPD said it will be with me tomorrow

Advertisement