Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Thanks, I'm looking at bricklinking the Clone Wars AT-OT (10195) but looks like it might be cheaper to just buy it which I didn't expect.

There was a 2nd hand one on adverts recently. Looked like a good few pieces were missing though, but it would give you a great start.

It's a great set, especially the dropship.

syboit wrote: »
    There was a 2nd hand one on adverts recently. Looked like a good few pieces were missing though, but it would give you a great start.

It's a great set, especially the dropship.

Yeah I'd seen that at the time but if I remember right it was in a bad way. I've also considered seeing if I can mod a 7676 to carry a 75019. Think it can be done with enough extra parts but I've become v attached to the Gunship!

Yeah I'd seen that at the time but if I remember right it was in a bad way. I've also considered seeing if I can mod a 7676 to carry a 75019. Think it can be done with enough extra parts but I've become v attached to the Gunship!

Yup, found the advert again afterwards, I think it was sold, but needed another 50-60e worth of parts. Reckon I'd rather keep the 7676 the way it it :).

Have a 75021 next to my dropship. I did see a reddit post a while back which had a modded gunship to carry the republic tank which I'd like to try. Trying to get a cheap gunship isint easy though.

Yup, found the advert again afterwards, I think it was sold, but needed another 50-60e worth of parts. Reckon I'd rather keep the 7676 the way it it :).

Have a 75021 next to my dropship. I did see a reddit post a while back which had a modded gunship to carry the republic tank which I'd like to try. Trying to get a cheap gunship isint easy though.

Their out there! I got my 7676 and 75021 cheap enough off ebay back in Feb/early March. I might just bricklink 10195 and order some parts every month. How much bigger is the drops hip vs 75021?

Their out there! I got my 7676 and 75021 cheap enough off ebay back in Feb/early March. I might just bricklink 10195 and order some parts every month. How much bigger is the drops hip vs 75021?

I was asked that before, and off the top of my head the wing span is something like 35studs for each wing of the dropship and 25/26 of the gunship. The dropshop is aroud 30studs longer too.

I will try to post a pic up later.

• Advertisement

I was asked that before, and off the top of my head the wing span is something like 35studs for each wing of the dropship and 25/26 of the gunship. The dropshop is aroud 30studs longer too.

I will try to post a pic up later.

So pretty big then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

That came out of nowhere! Class

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

is bricklink regarded as the best place to buy 2nd hand sets? i know you might find a good deal on adverts/donedeal/wherever, but generally?

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just thinking of ordering a couple of LEGO Creator sets online to keep me building into May...

...but are DPD still delivering in this lockdown? I tried to post off a parcel to my sister in Holland earlier today and the local post office told me that there were a number of countries where post couldn’t be sent to, including Holland.

is bricklink regarded as the best place to buy 2nd hand sets? i know you might find a good deal on adverts/donedeal/wherever, but generally?

TIA

Generally yes. The prices aren't as inflated as ebay and there's nearly always multiple sellers with whatever set your looking for. Postage charges are the biggest think you'll need to consider when ordering.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Just thinking of ordering a couple of LEGO Creator sets online to keep me building into May...

...but are DPD still delivering in this lockdown? I tried to post off a parcel to my sister in Holland earlier today and the local post office told me that there were a number of countries where post couldn’t be sent to, including Holland.

Yup, I had a delivery from lego a few weeks ago and I know some posters have had deliveries in the last week or so as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I'm still waiting on my delivery from dpd. It appears to be stuck in UK for 60 hours now. I would have thought might be a little slower here due to staff levels and getting to here be straight forward enough.

Edit. text received to say it will be arriving this evening. Their tracking site is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

JupiterKid wrote: »

...but are DPD still delivering in this lockdown? I

yes - im getting an post/DPD/DHL deleries faster than ever right now.

I see there's a Barracuda Bay on adverts for €250 that didn't take long!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I see there's a Barracuda Bay on adverts for €250 that didn't take long!

Pretty scummy behaviour. Hopefully nobody buys and he's stuck with it.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Pretty scummy behaviour. Hopefully nobody buys and he's stuck with it.

I'm not against buying sets and reselling them later at all but I'm always baffled at people who jack the price up when it's still available although on back order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm not against buying sets and reselling them later at all but I'm always baffled at people who jack the price up when it's still available although on back order.

That's my thinking. There's playing the odds like buying a set, building it and then it goes way up in value and you sell it along when you're tired of it and make a profit due to how the market went and then there's buying a set with the intention of making a profit on the back of low stock. Not too different from that guy in Australia who bought thousands of rolls of toilet roll with the intention of jacking up the price and selling to people with a genuine need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Rhyme wrote: »
    That's my thinking. There's playing the odds like buying a set, building it and then it goes way up in value and you sell it along when you're tired of it and make a profit due to how the market went and then there's buying a set with the intention of making a profit on the back of low stock. Not too different from that guy in Australia who bought thousands of rolls of toilet roll with the intention of jacking up the price and selling to people with a genuine need.

LEGO is not an ‘essential’, there is no situation where someone has a genuine need for a specific LEGO set.

• Advertisement

LEGO is not an ‘essential’, there is no situation where someone has a genuine need for a specific LEGO set.

You have much to learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

You have much to learn

No, I took the LEGO habit too far and am now in a recovery programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Ordered the Barracuda around 10 days, was told it was on back order until the 28th April but just got confirmation that it has shipped so happy days

Ordered the Barracuda around 10 days, was told it was on back order until the 28th April but just got confirmation that it has shipped so happy days

It's a great looking set. I need to take a little break for awhile before the wife kills me but it's defo a set I want to pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Picked up the fiat 500 set from Ali there now let’s play the waiting game for the next 40 days to it comes ....

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

It is some box and I counted 47 bags. Got through bag 1 yesterday evening with the 5 year old helping. Have to keep it away from 2 year old hurricane. Guess this will be a slow burner of a build

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    It is some box and I counted 47 bags. Got through bag 1 yesterday evening with the 5 year old helping. Have to keep it away from 2 year old hurricane. Guess this will be a slow burner of a build

If you can, try keep it until they go to bed. I've found the stress levels sky rocket when building with little people around! Although saying that my 5yr old is now building sets completely by herself so the stress paid off!

We're into the final arc now of the Clone wars, looks like they really up'd the production value for these last 4 eps. Looking forward to this even more now,

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/501st-legion-clone-troopers-75280

We're into the final arc now of the Clone wars, looks like they really up'd the production value for these last 4 eps. Looking forward to this even more now,

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/501st-legion-clone-troopers-75280

Defo one I'll be picking up a few of but I Kinda wish they'd just reused the 501st clone from 75002 and 75004. Hoping theses another set with a phase 2 Rex as well. Those Barc speeders are gone to mad money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I finished the Buggati Chiron a week or two ago and I'm 3/4 finished the Porsche 911 RSR now. Might get the Land Rover Defender next.

Advertisement