Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Defo one I'll be picking up a few of but I Kinda wish they'd just reused the 501st clone from 75002 and 75004. Hoping theses another set with a phase 2 Rex as well. Those Barc speeders are gone to mad money

Should certainly be a popular set, don't mind the different clone but would have liked a smaller at-rt, it just looks so out of place due to its size.

Is that the barc speeder with sidecar ? they were cheap enough when they first came out. There are still 2 other star wars sets to be revealed, the AAT and grevious ship, I think at least one of those is supposed to have a clone(s) in them.

syboit wrote: »
    Should certainly be a popular set, don't mind the different clone but would have liked a smaller at-rt, it just looks so out of place due to its size.

Is that the barc speeder with sidecar ? they were cheap enough when they first came out. There are still 2 other star wars sets to be revealed, the AAT and grevious ship, I think at least one of those is supposed to have a clone(s) in them.

Lego are terrible at AT-RTs for some reason. They either make them too small or massive. Yeah 75012, not a great set at all. I had 2 or 3 of them before I sold everything about 2-3 years ago(a terrible terrible mistake) but they go for about €50 now which seems nuts. I'd be interested to see the Grevious ship, I really like the last version. I heard rumours it comes with phase 2 Cody. AAT will also be interesting, I assume they'll go back to the clone wars colours. I actually quite liked the smaller version that came out with Jar-Jar a few years ago but it looks v out of place next to an AT-TE or well anything really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

It's a great looking set. I need to take a little break for awhile before the wife kills me but it's defo a set I want to pick up

I’m 4 bags in and it’s an incredible set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Next UCS is an A-Wing. Out May 1st.

It's a beauty!

Niska wrote: »
    Next UCS is an A-Wing. Out May 1st.

It's a beauty!

It looks much better in the video than the promo shots I've seen. I know the pricing is in line with sets that have a similar piece count but for some reason I feel like it's a bit over priced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

It looks much better in the video than the promo shots I've seen. I know the pricing is in line with sets that have a similar piece count but for some reason I feel like it's a bit over priced?

I know what you mean- it's the same price as the UCS Y Wing and X Wing, but seems half the size.

Part count wise it seems to be 1673 pieces - the UCS Y Wing was 1967, and the X-Wing 1559, so between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I used to stare at these ships in the Lego catalouge for hours as a kid, would have given anything for one of them more than any other set:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

cant wait for it to arrive, I'm hoping tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ordered the boba fett Lego helmet on Saturday night. Thought I’d of gotten by now. Still in warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Ordered the boba fett Lego helmet on Saturday night. Thought I’d of gotten by now. Still in warehouse

Everything is delayed shipping wise because of the pandemic

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    I know what you mean- it's the same price as the UCS Y Wing and X Wing, but seems half the size.

Part count wise it seems to be 1673 pieces - the UCS Y Wing was 1967, and the X-Wing 1559, so between the two.

I thought I'd replied to this. Apologies! Any word on what the sets will be reduced for the May 4th promo? If I remember correctly, I think there is a different one every day?

On a seperate note, has anyone picked up the Jurassic Park T-Rex rampage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Guys any chance to get Buggati Chiron (new set) below €300 or should I rather forget?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Any word on what the sets will be reduced for the May 4th promo? If I remember correctly, I think there is a different one every day?

On a seperate note, has anyone picked up the Jurassic Park T-Rex rampage?

It's sometimes a blanket discount on a good few sets and then extra money off a select few across the few days. There's nothing that's grabbed my attention really so I think I'll be sourcing the Gift With Purchase set online.

I really want the T-Rex set, it looks great. I'll have to hold on though, Orthanc is now up and running and the Black Pearl is on the way :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    It's sometimes a blanket discount on a good few sets and then extra money off a select few across the few days. There's nothing that's grabbed my attention really so I think I'll be sourcing the Gift With Purchase set online.

I really want the T-Rex set, it looks great. I'll have to hold on though, Orthanc is now up and running and the Black Pearl is on the way :)

Yeah there's not much in the current range that excites me but if the price was right I could be swayed on a couple of sets. I haven't built Orthanc or Helms deep yet. Have slowly been acquiring Urak-Hai and Rohan soldiers. So if anyone has any to sell, let me know!

The Black Pearl looks really good but apart from the first one I absolutely hate those films.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Greg81 wrote: »
    Guys any chance to get Buggati Chiron (new set) below €300 or should I rather forget?

Its been down as low as €220 I think , It was getting discounted a lot a while ago , just hold out and keep checking amazon , smiths and John Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

gizabeer wrote: »
    Its been down as low as €220 I think , It was getting discounted a lot a while ago , just hold out and keep checking amazon , smiths and John Lewis

I will keep my eyes open. Almost had it for €240 a while ago but missed the opportunity. Never thought about John Lewis. Thanks

Yeah there's not much in the current range that excites me but if the price was right I could be swayed on a couple of sets. I haven't built Orthanc or Helms deep yet. Have slowly been acquiring Urak-Hai and Rohan soldiers. So if anyone has any to sell, let me know!

The Black Pearl looks really good but apart from the first one I absolutely hate those films.

I keep trying to convince myself to buy Helm's Deep or the Pirate Ship from the third film but the price for the former and the appearance of the latter deter me every time. I think I've got every Lord of the Rings set I'm going to get at this stage. Orthanc is a great build, loads of little details built in and the overall structure is very tall and imposing.

I think the only Uruk's I have are the ones from this set and, I think, ones you sold me a few years back* :) Lord of the Rings is tough for army building except for Mirkwood Elves in that one large battle-pack.

*or at least someone when I was living in Santry

I keep trying to convince myself to buy Helm's Deep or the Pirate Ship from the third film but the price for the former and the appearance of the latter deter me every time. I think I've got every Lord of the Rings set I'm going to get at this stage. Orthanc is a great build, loads of little details built in and the overall structure is very tall and imposing.

I think the only Uruk's I have are the ones from this set and, I think, ones you sold me a few years back* :) Lord of the Rings is tough for army building except for Mirkwood Elves in that one large battle-pack.

*or at least someone when I was living in Santry

It's highly possible I sold them to you alright. When I got rid of everything I think I sold about 80 Uraks. The pirate ship is a horrible looking set IMO. I've never seen the appeal of it. Looking forward to rebuilding Orthanc, I'm pretty sure I have pictures somewhere from when I built my first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ordered barracuda bay on backorder on 17/04..got an email saying won't be available for delivery till 27/04. Fair enough.
    Week later got an email saying order put back till 07/05. Understandable with covid19 etc.
    Day after that got an email saying it had been shipped!
    Delivery due for this Monday!! Delighted! Can't wait to start on it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ordered barracuda bay on backorder on 17/04..got an email saying won't be available for delivery till 27/04. Fair enough.
    Week later got an email saying order put back till 07/05. Understandable with covid19 etc.
    Day after that got an email saying it had been shipped!
    Delivery due for this Monday!! Delighted! Can't wait to start on it! :)

I ordered a couple days before you, was told it was on back order until 27th as well. It arrived last Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone see the Tie Fighter helmet in stock anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

All finished today. We were going well until around bag 8 and then people start coming out and all they wanted was to play with the people. Always wanted to do the track. Some parts were tough which I did as made no sense in even trying to ask them to do.

It was hard at times to do putting items onto sticks.

What next might be smaller as it was bigger than I thought but it’s a great piece of design but takes up some amount of space when finished

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    All finished today. We were going well until around bag 8 and then people start coming out and all they wanted was to play with the people. Always wanted to do the track. Some parts were tough which I did as made no sense in even trying to ask them to do.

It was hard at times to do putting items onto sticks.

What next might be smaller as it was bigger than I thought but it’s a great piece of design but takes up some amount of space when finished

How tall is it? Looks pretty impressive

Has anyone any wall shelve recommendations? I've no room for anymore units. Ideally wide enough for most sets and easy to put up!

I see some of the 2020 summer set images have been released. I hope we get some of the Star Wars set images next week.

There's a new Creator pirate ship out that looks like it'll tie in nicely with Barracuda Bay. The 2 alternative builds look pretty decent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

New Harry Potter sets coming in June -

https://brickset.com/article/51106/new-harry-potter%C2%A0wizarding-world-sets-unveiled

I particularly love the buildable Hedwig.

I see some of the 2020 summer set images have been released. I hope we get some of the Star Wars set images next week.

There's a new Creator pirate ship out that looks like it'll tie in nicely with Barracuda Bay. The 2 alternative builds look pretty decent as well.

Brick-built sails though, so a no from me, other than that it's a wonderful set and the alternative builds are amazing.

With other themes being shown, I'm hoping for some Star Wars reveals as well. Is there another wave of Rise of Skywalker sets due or are we now back in the weird in-between stage with no new films so they go back to the old films? Plenty of tv shows too, Mandalorian is probably due a set or two (my money is on Moff Gideon's TIE and maybe a speeder bike with baby Yoda in a bag).

Brick-built sails though, so a no from me, other than that it's a wonderful set and the alternative builds are amazing.

With other themes being shown, I'm hoping for some Star Wars reveals as well. Is there another wave of Rise of Skywalker sets due or are we now back in the weird in-between stage with no new films so they go back to the old films? Plenty of tv shows too, Mandalorian is probably due a set or two (my money is on Moff Gideon's TIE and maybe a speeder bike with baby Yoda in a bag).

I like the brick build sails, interesting idea.

I think the next wave is a mix of TROS and Clone Wars sets. I hear there's a new AT-AT as well. The only Mandalorian set I've heard about is the Razor crest. Maybe in the first 2021 wave we'll get more? Might make sense if season 2 comes out in November

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

I quite like the Creator pirate ship. Would prefer fabric sales but the brick ones still look good. Would love Barracuda bay but it's expensive but it's mostly the size, I just don't have space to display sets that big. Well I would if my wife let me! :D

New Technic Ducati looks great.
    https://brickset.com/article/49896/technic-ducati-panigale-revealed!

42107-1.jpg

• Advertisement

I like the brick build sails, interesting idea.

I think the next wave is a mix of TROS and Clone Wars sets. I hear there's a new AT-AT as well. The only Mandalorian set I've heard about is the Razor crest. Maybe in the first 2021 wave we'll get more? Might make sense if season 2 comes out in November

I'd say the Throne Room from the end of TROS and maybe one of those Star Destroyers with the red stripe. Other than that, who knows. With the Razorcrest set out in September but the rest of the Star Wars sets pitched for August (unconfirmed), they could do anything really. Mandalorian Season 1 sets in September and hold any season 2 sets for a January wave in 2021.

Advertisement