Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'd say the Throne Room from the end of TROS and maybe one of those Star Destroyers with the red stripe. Other than that, who knows. With the Razorcrest set out in September but the rest of the Star Wars sets pitched for August (unconfirmed), they could do anything really. Mandalorian Season 1 sets in September and hold any season 2 sets for a January wave in 2021.

The Ducati looks good but I'm not a big technic fan. There was a rumour list of sets somewhere (probably Eurobricks) the only set I remember is the Night Buzzard which is the Knights of Ren ship. Hopefully there's something great we haven't heard about yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Ryath wrote: »
    I quite like the Creator pirate ship. Would prefer fabric sales but the brick ones still look good. Would love Barracuda bay but it's expensive but it's mostly the size, I just don't have space to display sets that big. Well I would if my wife let me! :D

New Technic Ducati looks great.
    https://brickset.com/article/49896/technic-ducati-panigale-revealed!

42107-1.jpg

Let you or left you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego Architecture White House Revealed.

It looks amazing. I'll wait for another president to occupy it before I pull the trigger! :pac:

https://twitter.com/tormentalous/status/1255613970402013185?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

There was a rumour list of sets somewhere (probably Eurobricks) the only set I remember is the Night Buzzard which is the Knights of Ren ship. Hopefully there's something great we haven't heard about yet!

the eurobricks "whats coming this year thread" can be all over the place, might find one good bit of information and then pages of speculation and complaints.

Interested in seeing the new at-at , grevious and the AaT set, even just to know what clones are in those last 2.

There are still several unknown sets, including a retailer exclusive to be found.

syboit wrote: »
    the eurobricks "whats coming this year thread" can be all over the place, might find one good bit of information and then pages of speculation and complaints.

Interested in seeing the new at-at , grevious and the AaT set, even just to know what clones are in those last 2.

There are still several unknown sets, including a retailer exclusive to be found.

Isn't the Razorcrest the retail exclusive? I think its Amazon?

• Advertisement

Isn't the Razorcrest the retail exclusive? I think its Amazon?

yup, looks like your right

--
    LEGO Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Razor Crest 75292 Building Kit, New 2020, Amazon Exclusive (1,023 Pieces)
    --

I thought it was a different yet to be released set.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

For fans of the architecture range, this exclusive might be of interest:

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/lego-house-21037

Normally I think it is only available in Billund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

For fans of the architecture range, this exclusive might be of interest:

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/lego-house-21037

Normally I think it is only available in Billund.

I was coming to post that aha! So dont miss it if you have been eyeing it like me - previously it was sold out so fast after they put it up for order, now they put it up again (back order til June).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

If you are in a position to order all 3 LEGO house sets, I would suggest you do it. They are great and if you ever go to LEGO house, they'll be a lot more special then.

I've been buying a lot of Lego over the past few weeks. It's worth noting that Amazon.de is often better priced than Amazon.co.uk or than Smyths or Lego themselves (often Lego is the most expensive).

I've been buying a lot of Lego over the past few weeks. It's worth noting that Amazon.de is often better priced than Amazon.co.uk or than Smyths or Lego themselves (often Lego is the most expensive).

What are the shipping charges like?

What are the shipping charges like?

I paid €9 on the last order of €200 worth of architecture sets.

Nice, must have a look. Thanks for the heads up

Nice, must have a look. Thanks for the heads up

Germany is known to be good for Architect sets (also Technic sets), for whatever the stock is higher etc and also better price during sales.

I got Paris and Tokyo just last week from amazon.de aha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

You all know about this, right?
    Automatically updated list that shows prices at all Amazon sites so that you can make informed purchasing decisions.

https://brickset.com/article/3994/european-amazon-price-comparator

PaddyFagan wrote: »

Nope, that's great Paddy - I didn't know about that at all. Thank you.

Three new architecture sets arrived this morning as part of my last order - Tokyo, Dubai and Trafalgar Square. I started Shanghai late last night and will hopefully finish it later.

I've worked my way through the majority of the modular buildings and now and concentrating on the architecture ones again. I've yet to make the move in to the technic lego - tempted though.....

• Advertisement

PaddyFagan wrote: »

Yup, go through the comparison list on the sets that you are interested (do it when a new wave arrived), drop the links to camelcamelcamel and just wait for it aha

Did anyone see that new haunted house?

3OA7xxr.jpg
    YOJzhJU.jpg

It's shame that this doesnt do anything to me unlike the original one :(

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Did anyone see that new haunted house?

3OA7xxr.jpg
    YOJzhJU.jpg

It's shame that this doesnt do anything to me unlike the original one :(

It looks pretty interesting but also looks very meh compared to monster fighters one

It looks pretty interesting but also looks very meh compared to monster fighters one

Yes exactly! It looks nice but it is just not appealing to me.

And it has been very tempting for while now that i should get the monster fighter version from chinese knock-off bricks, i will pull the trigger at some point...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I think it looks great. Finished the rollercoaster on the day it leaked, so I’m taking that as a further sign to get it. My kids love the MF’s haunted house, but I do think it’s starting to look ever so slightly simplistic in terms of detailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Anyone else using their time off work to sort through their kids' piles of lego? Have about 4 containers all mixed. Want to try and rebuild some/all of the sets but have to sort all the lego first.

Whats the best way? By colour?
    Then use the part list at the back of each instruction to get pieces sorted into sets before building?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭HorseSea

Jacovs wrote: »
    Anyone else using their time off work to sort through their kids' piles of lego? Have about 4 containers all mixed. Want to try and rebuild some/all of the sets but have to sort all the lego first.

Whats the best way? By colour?
    Then use the part list at the back of each instruction to get pieces sorted into sets before building?

From a pro perspective definitely not by colour. Sort by part type. It's much easier to find a red 1x2 plate in a box of multi coloured plates than in a box of red parts.

HorseSea wrote: »
    From a pro perspective definitely not by colour. Sort by part type. It's much easier to find a red 1x2 plate in a box of multi coloured plates than in a box of red parts.

Cheers. That does sound easier, but not sure I have enough space/containers/bags to sort by every part type/size.
    Mental amount of black and light/dark grey.
    You dont realise how much lego you have until you go to do this. But I wont have 2 months with nothing to do again soon, I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭HorseSea

It's usually easiest to start in stages and do a quick basic sort something like:

Tiny parts (Weapons, minifig parts etc)
    Plates 1 by x, 2 by x
    Plates - larger inc baseplates
    Bricks, all plain bricks
    Slopes and curves
    Modified Bricks
    Tiles and Trans parts.
    Odd parts, usually bulky odd parts.

When you have that done look to further sort the largest pile and split that to what works for you.

If you start with too many categories, it gets confusing pretty quick and you'll forget where you put that weird part in you hand the last time you came across. By keeping it simple you can fly though and just keep refining to what suits you and the available storage boxes.

Enjoy - some people find it therapeutic others hate the job!

• Advertisement

Have the minifigs + accessories going into one of those big brick heads. But I dont think a single minfig has a head on it...

I fall into the therapeutic group, but my fingertips are not liking it. And when the 3 year old decides to help it becomes less so.

Thanks for the tips.

Advertisement