Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

If home alone house and Seinfeld set are going into production when will they be released? Before Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    If home alone house and Seinfeld set are going into production when will they be released? Before Xmas?

Hard to say for sure. Steamboat Willie took 2 months from decision to release whereas Central Perk took 7 months.

You'd assume they'd aim for a November release to capitalize on the Home Alone house around Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hard to say for sure. Steamboat Willie took 2 months from decision to release whereas Central Perk took 7 months.

You'd assume they'd aim for a November release to capitalize on the Home Alone house around Christmas.

Very excited with the home alone house, massive potential with what they could do.

A home alone version of the haunted house with loads of traps etc. would be perfect - 3,000 to 5,000 pieces the bigger the better!

Very excited with the home alone house, massive potential with what they could do.

A home alone version of the haunted house with loads of traps etc. would be perfect - 3,000 to 5,000 pieces the bigger the better!

The ideas set that was submitted was 3000 pieces so there's a possibility the final set will be more than that by the time Lego tidy it up a bit for production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The ideas set that was submitted was 3000 pieces so there's a possibility the final set will be more than that by the time Lego tidy it up a bit for production.

Also a chance it could be fewer pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego are releasing an incredibly cool NES set (or the original Nintendo to those not familiar).

It looks so awesome. Lego are teasing a NES on their Instagram so this all ties in.

It comes with the Super Mario Bros screen that can be moved along like the game could.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1282637598901653510?s=20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

robinph wrote: »

They should have used an old fuk like me in their ad. No way does that guy know about blowing on cartridges.

It's extremely well done. But it's not for me. Pirates Bay is nostalgia done right for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They should have at least dressed him to look as if he was from the '80's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Spocker wrote: »

Thanks to @HorseSea who sorted me out, so he gets a shameless plug from me - buy your Lego spare parts local, from XSBricks.com!

519870.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

robinph wrote: »

In fairness, that's fairly cool. I'm not sure where I could put it though - too much lego, not enough space....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How long before some genius makes the a playable version with a Pi or Mindstorms or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Spocker wrote: »
    Thanks to @HorseSea who sorted me out, so he gets a shameless plug from me - buy your Lego spare parts local, from XSBricks.com!

519870.jpg

I've ordered hundreds (if not thousands) of parts from XS Bricks over the years, he's always a gent to deal with.

Would highly recommend as well!

Annoying as was going to order pirate Bay and get double VIP points but I see two free Lego sets spend 35 or more and 99 or more but only in store only. Feel getting ripped now if I buy it as not getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Annoying as was going to order pirate Bay and get double VIP points but I see two free Lego sets spend 35 or more and 99 or more but only in store only. Feel getting ripped now if I buy it as not getting them.

Msg lego. Times it works

Would you just email them when making order and say will you give the free sets as well. Just they don't reply for a few days and offer over come Sunday for double VIP points also, just looked there the offer doesn't even appear if you go into Ireland region only noticed it when in the UK region. Be nuts to order it online in the UK even with double VIP points as be best off over there going to the store and getting the two free sets in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

that looks unbelievable! looks like 01/08/2020 will be an expensive day with the NES as well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

that looks unbelievable! looks like 01/08/2020 will be an expensive day with the NES as well :P
    Yep, and I wanted the cement mixer too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Lego have made a giant Lego Super Mario, it's pretty cool, to promote their collaboration with Nintendo. Their range of toy sets go on sale, well, tomorrow now, 1st August.

It's made of nearly 23,000 bricks, it's 1.2 metres tall(he mustn't have eaten a Super Mushroom), it took 110 hours to build and required the input of 6 Lego master builders to be fully play ready. It has different coloured lights you can press which respond similarly to how the regular Lego Mario does to different coloured blocks. I laughed at the "*not for sale" in the top right hand corner of the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Lego NES ordered! First set my other half had been as excited about

polydactyl wrote: »
    Lego NES ordered! First set my other half had been as excited about

Nice! It's an impressive set but not sure it's my cup of tea. I logged on just before 12 to pick up the 2 new Star Wars clone wars sets but they were already sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Nice! It's an impressive set but not sure it's my cup of tea. I logged on just before 12 to pick up the 2 new Star Wars clone wars sets but they were already sold out

I woke before 1am and decided, while I was awake, to order the NES and the Star Wars sets were sold out then. I did manage to get in an order on the 501st set just as they went out of stock so hopefully I'll be first in line when they re-stock later in August.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I woke before 1am and decided, while I was awake, to order the NES and the Star Wars sets were sold out then. I did manage to get in an order on the 501st set just as they went out of stock so hopefully I'll be first in line when they re-stock later in August.

I ended up just ordering the 501st from Smyths this morning. I was lucky enough to pick up the AAT from Argos during the week. I'm looking forward to seeing some in progress build pics of the Nes

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I have gradually converted OH to Lego so we now have a lovely display cabinet of the grown up Lego. He is usually Star Wars, im more Lego Ideas sets and Christmas but we both lived the NES so it was nice to agree to splurge the “joint account” on this one instead of our “own” money ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I see an Osprey has hit adverts. Not sure what others think, but I think the seller was crazy to turn down 700 for it. In my opinion these will flood the market soon and their value will drop. There is also a limited number of people who are willing to pay that price for a single set.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

I feckin saw one in Smyths the other day. :eek: Didn't know about it being withdrawn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

If anyone was trying to get the cancelled Technic Osprey, a few of the Smyths stores around the country have some low levels of stock, presumably reservations that weren’t taken up.

Advertisement