Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Niska wrote: »
    Probably only a matter of time until they correct them back up.

It'll stay reduced until the end of February 2021 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I have the rrp and what I actually paid etc... €xx, about 200k parts and 900 minifigs.

Love the excel idea, dunno if I'd cry looking at it though, plus might be too much evidence for prying eyes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

That's very organised... Were you doing that all along or did you at some point go back and catalogue everything?

All along. Started my AFOL journey with the Classic Batcave 76052. Themes and sub themes colour coded, name of set, rrp, actual paid, mfs, parts, ppp, year out, year bought, where bought, % discount etc..

It includes some custom stuff I sourced like the T800 from brickvault and Jason Allemans amazing Sisyphus Kinetic sculpture plus a bin of parts I bricklinked with the intention of MOCs.

Good to see what I have, what I spend per year, per theme, usual discounts per store, per theme etc..

Big chat with herself recently though so I'll be slowing right down and picking fewer themes. The latest HP DA set has changed my town plan. Might MOC a leaky Cauldron and hide DA behind the Modulars... always planning, but so little time with training 8-12hrs a week, a job and small kids. My 4 year old last 3 sets were 75105 which was sitting on a shelf, 75240 which was a box gathering dust (a surprisingly cool build!) and most recently a 501st set. He loves Star Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Seriously thinking to pick up that 75192 Millennium Falcon now since it has been awhile, i want to get it before it retires.

I can see RRP is at £650 (~730e) or currently it is 800e from smyth/lego online. With the Smyth discount in Oct/Nov (every 100e get 10e off something like that?), i think i am going to keep an eye on it starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's been 10 off for every €50 for a good few years now. Pretty much on everything. Think just Video games and baby stuff excluded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Ryath wrote: »
    It's been 10 off for every €50 for a good few years now. Pretty much on everything. Think just Video games and baby stuff excluded.

Think at the end of this month usually they do it. Shame they didn't have pirate bay would of been 40 off it and would of gotten it then. Other half got me stranger things set last year for Xmas when the offer was on so 40 off it then so only 160.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Seriously thinking to pick up that 75192 Millennium Falcon now since it has been awhile, i want to get it before it retires.

I can see RRP is at £650 (~730e) or currently it is 800e from smyth/lego online. With the Smyth discount in Oct/Nov (every 100e get 10e off something like that?), i think i am going to keep an eye on it starting now.

It's currently €590 from John Lewis -

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ucs-millenium-falcon-75192-20-off-at-john-lewis-partners-with-code-mylego20-ps51999-3536152

ahh i just registered and looking at the screen that the discount works but it will need to be delivered via parcel motel, does anyone try delivery from John lewis this way before?

ahh i just registered and looking at the screen that the discount works but it will need to be delivered via parcel motel, does anyone try delivery from John lewis this way before?

Code not working for me? MYLEGO15 or MYLEGO20. Says Please enter a valid promotional code. Was going to use Parcel Wizard.

Code not working for me? MYLEGO15 or MYLEGO20. Says Please enter a valid promotional code. Was going to use Parcel Wizard.

did you register to become a member? here

• Advertisement

Mos Eisley UCS set has been revealed,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt7_bkrxuCs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

syboit wrote: »

Seems they’ve taken on the feedback from Attack on Hoth and Cloud City, because that looks decent. I’m trying to do a theme park in my city and this along with the falcon would be a decent start on a Star Wars land.

i...pulled the trigger...:o MF+blacksea baraccuda (£660)

thats like RRP 1000e to 750e so that surely is justified...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Yes - ordered the Saturn V this way - almost two years ago now, but worked without issue.

syboit wrote: »

Hmm interesting. I'll wait until I see some in hand reviews before I make a decision on it. I find it weird that they included that white pod thing again from the newer cantina set.

As stated, I think you have to sign up with an account first

As stated, I think you have to sign up with an account first

I had an account with them already and was signed in but there's a separate membership on the page. Got it working, was going to get the HP Clock and Astronomy towers for my daughter but they'll be nearly as cheap in Smith's with 20% off. She's not as interested in Lego any more either so may be better waiting if she expresses an interest in them. Would like them for completion myself though. :)

Baracuda Bay is tempting me but I have nowhere to display it and I've a bit of a backlog to build first really before I buy more lego.

Hmm interesting. I'll wait until I see some in hand reviews before I make a decision on it. I find it weird that they included that white pod thing again from the newer cantina set.

Yeah, will have to see how it opens out and what details are in it. Can see myself bricklinking the minifigs if its not a set purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My Bespin Duel has landed in AddressPal. Really looking forward to it.

Will be an expensive month with the Smyths sale if it goes ahead, have my eye on the batmobile!

Will wait for a sale on Diagon Alley and Mos Eisley cantina otherwise I'll end up a single man :)

My Bespin Duel has landed in AddressPal. Really looking forward to it.

Will be an expensive month with the Smyths sale if it goes ahead, have my eye on the batmobile!

Will wait for a sale on Diagon Alley and Mos Eisley cantina otherwise I'll end up a single man :)

Fair play for actually getting the order to go through. My two orders were cancelled, I'm now thinking it is due to the billing address on my revolut card.

• Advertisement

Fair play for actually getting the order to go through. My two orders were cancelled, I'm now thinking it is due to the billing address on my revolut card.

I was surprised given the cancellations here.

I used my work email and put it through as a guest order rather than my usual account. Billing address was the same as the delivery address (AddressPal) and used Revolut.

Clearly I just got lucky.

I was surprised given the cancellations here.

I used my work email and put it through as a guest order rather than my usual account. Billing address was the same as the delivery address (AddressPal) and used Revolut.

Clearly I just got lucky.

You hardly bought three and have one spare?? :pac:

You hardly bought three and have one spare?? :pac:

Unfortunately just the one, otherwise any duplicates would be yours :)

I was tempted by the Wonder Woman set but even that worried me of being overexposed so just the one set

Unfortunately just the one, otherwise any duplicates would be yours :)

I was tempted by the Wonder Woman set but even that worried me of being overexposed so just the one set

No worries, I'm just glad someone this side of the water managed to grab one and a reasonable price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

No worries, I'm just glad someone this side of the water managed to grab one and a reasonable price too!

Same here. Nice one, Marc :)

I Bricklinked the parts of the set but no minifigures, I'll just have to make do with what I have. Enjoy the awesome Darth Vader minifigure too, I'm not usually one for unique minifigures but that arm printing is amazing.

Sorry just wondering as I set up an account in John Lewis and I was about to order pirate Bay but when I click it it says as per my address cannot send as it is not eligible for international delivery. Did anyone order this online from John Lewis? I done have parcel motel account or anything like that so if its that would they not cop that Ireland will be on it as just saw a previous poster state they ordered this set and the millennium falcon a few pages back. Was going to order it and use the 20% DISCOUNT CODE now on it. Thanks in advance

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Sorry just wondering as I set up an account in John Lewis and I was about to order pirate Bay but when I click it it says as per my address cannot send as it is not eligible for international delivery. Did anyone order this online from John Lewis? I done have parcel motel account or anything like that so if its that would they not cop that Ireland will be on it as just saw a previous poster state they ordered this set and the millennium falcon a few pages back. Was going to order it and use the 20% DISCOUNT CODE now on it. Thanks in advance

Parcel Motel and AddressPal are all UK addresses (either mainland UK or Northern Ireland) so it wouldn't flag as an issue to John Lewis. So you'll need one of those addresses.

My Razor Crest arrived and thankfully it still has the Razor Crest name! :)

Parcel Motel and AddressPal are all UK addresses (either mainland UK or Northern Ireland) so it wouldn't flag as an issue to John Lewis. So you'll need one of those addresses.

Thanks for that, just one more question. So you set one up Northern Ireland say with parcel motel. Get it delivered there to Northern Ireland and then they deliver it down to parcel motel say in the Republic is it?

• Advertisement

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Thanks for that, just one more question. So you set one up Northern Ireland say with parcel motel. Get it delivered there to Northern Ireland and then they deliver it down to parcel motel say in the Republic is it?

That's it. You'll be given a unique first line of an address, with the rest being the parcel Motel depot. Once it arrives there, it'll be transferred down to your parcel Motel locker of choice. So just make sure there's one near you.

If it's oversized though, and there's a chance this might be, they'll ask you collect it from their depot near Finglas (if in Dublin) and it costs slightly more. There a few other oversized depots around the country.

Advertisement