Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I did it...after humming and hawing, and mindful of the increasing lack of space in my place and my OH’s reminders that I need to box up my older sets on display to utilise the limited space better...

...I went and bought the LEGO Ideas Pirates Barracuda Bay set from LEGO.com. It just looked way too good not to cave in and buy. :D:pac:

But that’s it for the rest of the year. Definitely....

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I did it...after humming and hawing, and mindful of the increasing lack of space in my place and my OH’s reminders that I need to box up my older sets on display to utilise the limited space better...

...I went and bought the LEGO Ideas Pirates Barracuda Bay set from LEGO.com. It just looked way too good not to cave in and buy. :D:pac:

But that’s it for the rest of the year. Definitely....

Sure it is, we believe you! Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That's it. You'll be given a unique first line of an address, with the rest being the parcel Motel depot. Once it arrives there, it'll be transferred down to your parcel Motel locker of choice. So just make sure there's one near you.

If it's oversized though, and there's a chance this might be, they'll ask you collect it from their depot near Finglas (if in Dublin) and it costs slightly more. There a few other oversized depots around the country.
    Thanks for that as the finglas parcel motel is only about 20 minutes away from me so not the worse.

Thanks for the heads up on parcel motel. I done that there so least that's done but pirate bay out of stock in John Lewis. Will keep eye on it and hopefully back In stocks soon and can get the 20% off. My fault leaving it the few days but least parcel motel part sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

well well look what is here... pretty fast I have to say, and they are just oversize so I needed to collect them at the depot near finglas, €7 each. Legit deal overall :pac:

1hqJVvwl.jpg

I even bricklinked the original red beard, the parrot and monkey, i still can't believe that I am able to rebuild this ship from my childhood *tears of joy*

BZSqq0jl.jpg

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote: »
    well well look what is here... pretty fast I have to say, and they are just oversize so I needed to collect them at the depot near finglas, €7 each. Legit deal overall :pac:

1hqJVvwl.jpg

I even bricklinked the original red beard, the parrot and monkey, i still can't believe that I am able to rebuild this ship from my childhood *tears of joy*

BZSqq0jl.jpg
    just curious was it 7 euro per item overall or did you get them sent to Northern Ireland parcel motel 1st then sent to finglas depot? Was it 7 each to the north then another 7 each to finglas depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    just curious was it 7 euro per item overall or did you get them sent to Northern Ireland parcel motel 1st then sent to finglas depot? Was it 7 each to the north then another 7 each to finglas depot?

Free delivery to NI parcel motel first, and then as they are 2 separate parcels so i pay 14e in total to pick them up at the depot.

For more normal size parcel that could fit into their locker, i could pick it up for 3.50e. They have detailed calculations on their page anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The cost per parcel applies to deliveries to your depot or parcel motel and its treated as one "journey" when it goes through Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »

Great minifig selection. Still not 100% sure if I like it though! Price is quite good @€;344 considering cloud city was €399

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Great minifig selection. Still not 100% sure if I like it though! Price is quite good @€;344 considering cloud city was €399

Same here, more interested in a few of the minifigs. They aint going to be cheap on bricklink, will have to keep an eye out

I know not out till 1st October but if lucky and in smyths then and they happen to do there 10 euro off every 50 as usually at end of Sept could be that it's on when that's released and they have it in store then. Be a good chunk savings then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I know not out till 1st October but if lucky and in smyths then and they happen to do there 10 euro off every 50 as usually at end of Sept could be that it's on when that's released and they have it in store then. Be a good chunk savings then.

Can't see them overlapping unfortunately. Diagon Alley is out nearly two weeks and hasn't appeared in Smyths yet. And the sale is usually the last week of September as you said. I'd be more hoping for Diagon Alley to potentially appear given it'll be out a few weeks by then.

Ahhh right, well hopefully it does now. Be a good bit to save for you there. Shame argos don't really get those sets as when they do their 3 for 2 on toys would of been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Ahhh right, well hopefully it does now. Be a good bit to save for you there. Shame argos don't really get those sets as when they do their 3 for 2 on toys would of been good.

Smyths have a deal with LEGO wherein they're the only seller in Ireland with access to exclusives like Diagon Alley & the UCS Star Wars sets etc.

And they usually only show up in Smyths 2-4 weeks after they're available on Lego.com

Cool that's good to know now as well. Just wondering why argos have reduced the Vat rate by the 2% and smyths have not? Would of been a few euro more for people to save on the big sets if smyths had of done the same.

syboit wrote: »
    Same here, more interested in a few of the minifigs. They aint going to be cheap on bricklink, will have to keep an eye out

It could actually work out better to buy the set and take out the minifigs you want.

Also I build my 501st battlepack today. The Barc is far too big!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think I need Mos Eisley. Going to have to figure out which bank account to raid.

It could actually work out better to buy the set and take out the minifigs you want.

Also I build my 501st battlepack today. The Barc is far too big!

Ah yeah, the barc is far too long! I didnt mind the original barc build or the later one with side car, why not tweak that. Keeping on eye on mod's for it. As for the walker, those went straight into the parts bin, have a few custom ones that I used instead.

Will have to watch the bricklink prices, dunno how much value the set would be without Ponda & Evazan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Last few parts arrived for my Bespin Duel set, it looks great. Now I need to get my hands on a Cloud City Luke Skywalker for less than 20e :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Sorry made a new thread and prob shouldn’t. Ethical question. If you found the retired Lego Mack truck on sale for 120 euro....would you buy for resale if you were not into technic? Tiny toy shop and at that price now for 4m

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

polydactyl wrote: »
    Sorry made a new thread and prob shouldn’t. Ethical question. If you found the retired Lego Mack truck on sale for 120 euro....would you buy for resale if you were not into technic? Tiny toy shop and at that price now for 4m

They bought to sell at a profit so why can't you? If you saw a similar car for sale at 2 garages and one was cheaper, would you go to the cheaper one and give them the higher price. Not too sure where ethics comes into it tbh.

PHG wrote: »
    They bought to sell at a profit so why can't you? If you saw a similar car for sale at 2 garages and one was cheaper, would you go to the cheaper one and give them the higher price. Not too sure where ethics comes into it tbh.

You are right, prob have been reading about scalpers re new sets too often. This is old. So yep prob true. Thanks!

https://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/thanos-lego/21527186

Yikes, I thought Captain Rex or Ashoka Tano figs were expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=sh576&ColorID=0

Chancer. Lots available for less than EUR 20 plus postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Rhyme wrote: »
    Last few parts arrived for my Bespin Duel set, it looks great. Now I need to get my hands on a Cloud City Luke Skywalker for less than 20e :)

How much did it cost to build it by piecing it together if you don't mind me asking ?

The set itself is $90 on bricklink which is too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

polydactyl wrote: »

Im looking for it for ages. Just the one have they?

madalig12 wrote: »

Bought lego set 70425 hidden side newbury high in Tesco liffey Valley yesterday for 62.25. Have bought a lot of the hidden side sets and really like the look of the ones I bought only thing bad about them is the same main 2 figures in most of the sets as nearly all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Pfft, that's pretty funny.
    Gyan84 wrote: »
    How much did it cost to build it by piecing it together if you don't mind me asking ?

The set itself is $90 on bricklink which is too much for me.

Approx. 32e before shipping (I had to buy from 3 sellers as some parts were harder to find). And that doesn't include minifigures and two or three of the parts are the wrong colour but they are buried in the set. I also couldn't get the bendy pipe piece for cheap enough so I bought the same colour and gauge but twice as long and used a snips to cut it in half :)

It looks grand to me, I'm happy with it.

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »

Actually no they had two so one left.

Advertisement