Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

polydactyl wrote: »
    Actually no they had two so one left.

No chance u would buy an post at cost plus a bonus??

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

madalig12 wrote: »
    No chance u would buy an post at cost plus a bonus??

Sorry no longer in that part of the country. Was down on a visit! Can DM you the shop location if any help.....actually just tried to DM you and it won’t let me

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

syboit wrote: »
    https://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/thanos-lego/21527186

Yikes, I thought Captain Rex or Ashoka Tano figs were expensive!

You could buy the whole set that it comes with for less than €80, and he'd have his infinity gauntlet then too...
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-marvel-super-heroes/lego-76131-marvel-avengers-compound-battle-set/p/169918

Rhyme wrote: »
    Last few parts arrived for my Bespin Duel set, it looks great. Now I need to get my hands on a Cloud City Luke Skywalker for less than 20e :)

Just seen a rumour on reddit that Bespin Luke will be available in one of those polybags that comes with the Lego Star Wars magazine. No idea how true it is but it might be worth keeping an eye out for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just seen a rumour on reddit that Bespin Luke will be available in one of those polybags that comes with the Lego Star Wars magazine. No idea how true it is but it might be worth keeping an eye out for

Looks to be true :)

• Advertisement

Looks to be true :)

Nice one! There's been some quite good minifigs in those magazines over the years. Must keep an eye out and see if I can pick one up. All we need know is that Vader to be in one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My Bespin Duel got picked up in customs. Will cost €60 in total by the time I have it. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

(hope you'll not mind me just leaving this here: d))

My Bespin Duel got picked up in customs. Will cost €60 in total by the time I have it. Painful.

Still cheaper than bricklink?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Smyths have said on twitter that they won't be doing their annual €10 off every €50 spent promo.

"Unfortunately, after careful consideration, we will not be running this in-store promotion this year due to concerns over coronavirus and the restrictions that we have in place in our stores for the health & safety of our customers & staff. However, we hope to run many more promotions and discounts in the run up to Christmas so please keep an eye on our website and sign up to our newsletter here for all the latest deals as they are announced."

Some have asked if they'll make it online only but that would defeat the purpose of the instore only offer getting more people in the physical stores spending more. It's unfortunate but it's the right call with much bigger issues at play. Anyway, random themed offers will surely come up eventually.

• Advertisement

Yodas lightsaber is a soon to be GWP

https://twitter.com/tormentalous/status/1305920822062661633?s=19

Looks pretty cool!

pcadhain wrote: »
    Smyths have said on twitter that they won't be doing their annual €10 off every €50 spent promo.

"Unfortunately, after careful consideration, we will not be running this in-store promotion this year due to concerns over coronavirus and the restrictions that we have in place in our stores for the health & safety of our customers & staff. However, we hope to run many more promotions and discounts in the run up to Christmas so please keep an eye on our website and sign up to our newsletter here for all the latest deals as they are announced."

Some have asked if they'll make it online only but that would defeat the purpose of the instore only offer getting more people in the physical stores spending more. It's unfortunate but it's the right call with much bigger issues at play. Anyway, random themed offers will surely come up eventually.

This is a shame but somewhat expected I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Just got into lego there over the lockdown. I've made most of the Harry Potter world and I love it! The hubbie is making the cool ones like the Dodge car, Apollo landing and the Bugatti...

I got Diagon Alley with the money I got back from Ryanair
    recently and I can't wait to make it. Suppose to wait until Christmas as I've other pieces to keep me going but it's just so beautiful I can't wait to get started!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That's a load of crap then surely in current climate they would do it online then. Exceptional circumstances and all. Random offers that's great. Random 2 euro off things or they will do a tenner off some stuff but defo not much. Bad form that. 1 year you would think they would do it online. Haven't passed on the Vat rate now this.

Balls

Looks pretty cool!

That's defo one of the better freebies.

Looks pretty cool!

It's available now with a purchase of the UCS Cantina set.

Watched a review of the Cantina earlier. Defo looks better than Cloud City and assault on Hoth.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My LEGO Ideas Pirates Barracuda Bay set arrived from DPD last week... just looking at the box got me pretty excited. Like a childhood Christmas. :D:)

Now...the challenge will be to find the time to build it, and decide where I might actually put the completed set!

11417_a0xmc1nfes7rmo1s.jpeg

The saber promo sold out in two hours this morning....

• Advertisement

Well pirate Bay back in John Lewis but 20% code doesn't work now. I will order it from lego store around black Friday instead as might be something free with online orders then or double VIP points. Other half said she will get it for my Xmas present so I can hold off myself.

Just quick question on lego.com as I haven't ordered much from it so pirate bay 196 euro plus you get 2 free gifts. I will order today but do you reckon if this is still available to buy around black Friday sale or other time before Xmas that there will be better free things with it as per spending over certain amount get free gifts? Thanks

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just quick question on lego.com as I haven't ordered much from it so pirate bay 196 euro plus you get 2 free gifts. I will order today but do you reckon if this is still available to buy around black Friday sale or other time before Xmas that there will be better free things with it as per spending over certain amount get free gifts? Thanks

You're more likely to get Christmas themed GWP around that time. I think last years was the Christmas tree but it did go very quickly.

Black Friday they usually reduce specific sets quite nicely which promptly fly off the virtual shelf. But they're very specific sets, you won't see wholesale reductions.

I'd recommend buying now if you like the two gifts or holding out for a double VIP week to boost your points to eventually put towards cash back.

Here were last year's deals:
    Pre-Black Friday 2019 – November 23-24
    – LEGO 2×4 Brick with purchases of $200 or more
    – Christmas Tree (40338) with purchases of $120 or more.
    – Double VIP Points
    – Both promo items will stack.

November 25-28
    – Sales on select products.

Black Friday – November 29
    – Mini Surfer Van with purchases of $50 or more. In-store only.
    – Limited Edition 1989 Batmobile (40433) with purchase of 1989 Batmobile (76139)

Cyber Monday – December 2
    – Brick Friday 2019 minifigure with purchases of unknown limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I got this month’s issue for my son yesterday. Luke won’t be with next month’s one here..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

We do get Lege store calendar that we can sort of plan for the 2x/3x VIP points and freebies for X period of time:
    https://brickshow.com/?s=LEGO+Store+Calendar

Honestly it is hard to predict if they would have any good promos but at least for me i tend to wait for at least the 2x/3x VIP points.

like Sep-20 is like this:
    09_September_Calendar_-_1_Page_1.jpg?fit=672%2C1024&ssl=1

I bit the bullet on the Treehouse this morning. Its out of stock in usa now and looks like heading that way for good now.

You're more likely to get Christmas themed GWP around that time. I think last years was the Christmas tree but it did go very quickly.

Black Friday they usually reduce specific sets quite nicely which promptly fly off the virtual shelf. But they're very specific sets, you won't see wholesale reductions.

I'd recommend buying now if you like the two gifts or holding out for a double VIP week to boost your points to eventually put towards cash back.

Here were last year's deals:
    Pre-Black Friday 2019 – November 23-24
    – LEGO 2×4 Brick with purchases of $200 or more
    – Double VIP Points
    – Both promo items will stack.

November 25-28
    – Sales on select products.

Black Friday – November 29
    – Mini Surfer Van with purchases of $50 or more. In-store only.
    – Limited Edition 1989 Batmobile (40433) with purchase of 1989 Batmobile (76139)

Cyber Monday – December 2
    – Brick Friday 2019 minifigure with purchases of unknown limit.
    Thanks very much for that, I think I will just purchase today as I am not mad into the free Xmas stuff they give. Funny had it in my basket after 12 last night and the free monkee figure was included now it's gone when going to buy it now. I know said the 18th offer ends I would of thought it included today.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    We do get Lege store calendar that we can sort of plan for the 2x/3x VIP points and freebies for X period of time:
    https://brickshow.com/?s=LEGO+Store+Calendar

Honestly it is hard to predict if they would have any good promos but at least for me i tend to wait for at least the 2x/3x VIP points.

like Sep-20 is like this:
    09_September_Calendar_-_1_Page_1.jpg?fit=672%2C1024&ssl=1

Ahh that's deadly. My fault I should of ordered it last night as after midnight I had it in basket and monkee figure included. It said the 18th so thought it included today.

Ahh that's deadly. My fault I should of ordered it last night as after midnight I had it in basket and monkee figure included. It said the 18th so thought it included today.

I got monkey bike and hot rod this morn

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    I got monkey bike and hot rod this morn

Monkey bike not there now, u done well

Advertisement