Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

PHG wrote: »
    True, the Bat Car is insane price IMO.

I live in Sweden and some of the prices can be 40 EUR or more than at home so will wait until i go home for Xmas before purchasing

In case there are issues with stock, you can order from the Irish store as long as you are sending it to an Irish address. Someone back home could receive it and hold onto it for you (with strict instructions not to open :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Rhyme wrote: »
    In case there are issues with stock, you can order from the Irish store as long as you are sending it to an Irish address. Someone back home could receive it and hold onto it for you (with strict instructions not to open :) ).

Thanks for that. That's the plan for Xmas for the Bat Wing :D

Just seen Baby Yoda, looks great too, the GF wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Seriously, THIS is the set of the year. The beauty of it oh

We did it last weekend and then only this weekend I managed to take some nice pics of it, and also clear out a slot in the bookshelf for this. It is absolutely beautiful :D

KpsMU9il.jpg

ZeHtLYvm.jpghvjIjLXm.jpg0wzk2pym.jpg

Mo6upQkm.jpg7CdnbcJm.jpgPTfGh63m.jpg

ztJgITfl.jpgMjd6ogfl.jpg

6ubiEz1l.jpg

seraphimvc wrote: »
    6ubiEz1l.jpg

The more I look at it, the more I'm trying to justify the purchase :) Maybe next pay cheque.

If the inside of that book shelf could take a coat of paint, I'd almost do the back walls blue with clouds and some wave pattern on the bottom like the rug.

The more I look at it, the more I'm trying to justify the purchase :) Maybe next pay cheque.

If the inside of that book shelf could take a coat of paint, I'd almost do the back walls blue with clouds and some wave pattern on the bottom like the rug.

It is absolutely beautiful, I love it! Significant improvement from the original (more details and have interior), much bigger and more majestic imo.

I cannot say a bad thing for the set but ya, the nitpicking i can talk about is that the monkey is missing (they retired the mold i think, but fair enough they have shark+piggy to substitute that); and it is somewhat odd to see the cannons are no longer placed under the deck, the cannon 'doors' now replaced by some actual windows of the bedroom of the pirates aha. I modded a window and stuck a cannon out, if i have time i would mod more to allow for more cannons to stick out.

October calendar is not that great i think so maybe November (black friday period) is a better month to buy :P I got it from John Lewis sales at around £150 so I am very pleased.

• Advertisement

It is absolutely beautiful, I love it! Significant improvement from the original (more details and have interior), much bigger and more majestic imo.

I cannot say a bad thing for the set but ya, the nitpicking i can talk about is that the monkey is missing (they retired the mold i think, but fair enough they have shark+piggy to substitute that); and it is somewhat odd to see the cannons are no longer placed under the deck, the cannon 'doors' now replaced by some actual windows of the bedroom of the pirates aha. I modded a window and stuck a cannon out, if i have time i would mod more to allow for more cannons to stick out.

October calendar is not that great i think so maybe November (black friday period) is a better month to buy :P I got it from John Lewis sales at around £150 so I am very pleased.

I do like the look of the mini mindstorms set that's free with purchases over €100 from the 15th.

I have to say Barracuda Bay looks awesome. It'll be a toss up between that and Stranger things as my next purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Double VIP points across the Lego store from now until 20 October.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Double VIP points across the Lego store from now until 20 October.

Cutting off right before the Batwing becomes available to VIP members! :rolleyes:

Star Lord wrote: »
    Cutting off right before the Batwing becomes available to VIP members! :rolleyes:

I was coming here to say this :pac: i was like oh nice 2x VIP points eh, good surprise (since this is not on the Oct calendar) but ya right cutting off for batwing. I was a bit pissed off by the limited release of the promotional mini batmobile when the batmobile came out - i missed that and i really want that. And now batwing too. decisions decisions....or i should be content with my tumblr and forget about them.
    I do like the look of the mini mindstorms set that's free with purchases over €100 from the 15th.

I have to say Barracuda Bay looks awesome. It'll be a toss up between that and Stranger things as my next purchase

I quite like that Stranger things set too but I will wait and see if lego would release at least 1 more set (maybe 2021 at this stage) with the licence. Idea set has higher risk on retirement so i hope at least they will keep it at least until 6-12months after the release of season4. Will get it right away if we are sure it is being retired:pac: some of the characters are missing with this released set!

I was coming here to say this :pac: i was like oh nice 2x VIP points eh, good surprise (since this is not on the Oct calendar) but ya right cutting off for batwing. I was a bit pissed off by the limited release of the promotional mini batmobile when the batmobile came out - i missed that and i really want that. And now batwing too. decisions decisions....or i should be content with my tumblr and forget about them.

I quite like that Stranger things set too but I will wait and see if lego would release at least 1 more set (maybe 2021 at this stage) with the licence. Idea set has higher risk on retirement so i hope at least they will keep it at least until 6-12months after the release of season4. Will get it right away if we are sure it is being retired:pac: some of the characters are missing with this released set!

I pulled the trigger on it this morning, I had a pile of VIP points saved and the double points tipped me over the edge. I'm not sure we'll get another set, I think it might have happened by now if we were going to get it. Would be great to get some of the other characters though.

• Advertisement

I pulled the trigger on it this morning, I had a pile of VIP points saved and the double points tipped me over the edge. I'm not sure we'll get another set, I think it might have happened by now if we were going to get it. Would be great to get some of the other characters though.

goddamn Bard is a limited edition (SDCC in US) so I won't give in just yet :(:pac:

lego really should give us more characters, i think the lab/base should be a good set to include other characters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Be cool if they done a wave of minifigures on stranger things instead of one of their other waves

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thenumber3

Rumour that this will the Christmas gift with purchase this year.

https://brickset.com/sets/40410-1/Charles-Dickens-Tribute

Last few parts arrived for this earlier in the week, I think I need a Batman shelf.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

We did it last weekend and then only this weekend I managed to take some nice pics of it, and also clear out a slot in the bookshelf for this. It is absolutely beautiful :D

KpsMU9il.jpg

ZeHtLYvm.jpghvjIjLXm.jpg0wzk2pym.jpg

Mo6upQkm.jpg7CdnbcJm.jpgPTfGh63m.jpg

ztJgITfl.jpgMjd6ogfl.jpg

6ubiEz1l.jpg

Stunning set!

I simply can’t wait to get started building this beautiful masterpiece. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm building Pirates of Barracuda Bay myself at present, to echo the above it's simply a joy :) Probably 2/3 way through right now and really taking my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

I may well be asking how long is a piece of string but is there any ballpark ideas or guides as to how soon sets come back in stock to the online store. Two of the new Star Wars ones caught my eye, one was out of stock and the other one was limited to 1 per household shortly before going out of stock. The double points would be nice to addon if they'd be reappearing anytime soon.

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/501st-legion-clone-troopers-75280
    https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/armored-assault-tank-aat-75283

I may well be asking how long is a piece of string but is there any ballpark ideas or guides as to how soon sets come back in stock to the online store. Two of the new Star Wars ones caught my eye, one was out of stock and the other one was limited to 1 per household shortly before going out of stock. The double points would be nice to addon if they'd be reappearing anytime soon.

I think they've been consistently out of stock since release. You might be better served looking on Smyths. I know my local Ken Black's has the AAT in stock.

Just an FYI the 501st set is fairly meh. The vehicles are very oversized but the minifigs are great. If you could only choose one I'd recommend the AAT.

They usually stay on 'temporarily out of stock' until they know when they'll have another shipment ready for sale so could be a week, could be two. Those two particular sets are extremely popular at the moment so it could be later for them. If they do a rush on production, if an item is very popular or if they can predict exactly when some will be available, they change them to 'back order' and you can submit an order then.

I think it's a matter of waiting :(

If you want the sets and the stock doesn't replenish before the 2x VIP points expires, plenty of Irish stores have stock now. I'd want to submit an order now as well, 2x VIP points is pretty nice. If the wreath set was in stock at the moment, I'd find something else to bundle in and make an order :)

That 2x VIP points ends the day before the Batwing releases for VIP's, kinda sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Thanks guys, yeah was in Smyths on my lunchbreak and they had two of the AAT's anyway.

No great rush to get them, just that the double points would be nice if it would tie in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Has anyone here bought the Nintendo console set? Is it worth the money?

Thinking of getting it for my partner as a surprise christmas present this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Naid23 wrote: »

Thinking of getting it for my partner as a surprise christmas present this year.

I dont have it yet but its top of the list now. Looks great. No real playability bar the tv but its a must have for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It's a fantastic set. Really clever how its made.

It's a great build, lovely display piece and, in my opinion, worth the money. I've seen plenty of arguments against it, valid ones too, but if your partner would like it then it's a very thoughtful gift (though you may lose them for a good few hours on Christmas Day :) ).

It's a great build, lovely display piece and, in my opinion, worth the money. I've seen plenty of arguments against it, valid ones too, but if your partner would like it then it's a very thoughtful gift (though you may lose them for a good few hours on Christmas Day :) ).

In regards to the double VIP points on lego store just wondering does the double points show up when you fully go through on purchase or is it when you see the VIP beside the piece count etc. Is that the double amount there or just single amount and then doubles up when you go through on your purchase? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    In regards to the double VIP points on lego store just wondering does the double points show up when you fully go through on purchase or is it when you see the VIP beside the piece count etc. Is that the double amount there or just single amount and then doubles up when you go through on your purchase? Thanks

It shows at checkout. The number under the item on the item page is the regular amount. You should see when checking out how many VIP points you'll earn.

It shows at checkout. The number under the item on the item page is the regular amount. You should see when checking out how many VIP points you'll earn.

Brilliant thanks V much for that. Clears it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Barracuda Bay was just delivered now. Bought purely because Seraphimvc's photos in this thread last week. Thanks a million for the double VIP points heads-up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Between now and end of year I reckon I'll defo pick up both Nintendo NES and the Piano set. Thoughts on best times to make purchases to maximise VIP and gifts? Am I reading right that a purchase later in October can possibly be timed for double points and two gifts? Then the other around Black Friday if that Charles Dickens set is free and maybe double VIP again? Remind me can you earn VIP points when you use them towards purchase, or would I be mad to use them to buy during a double-points period?

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    Between now and end of year I reckon I'll defo pick up both Nintendo NES and the Piano set. Thoughts on best times to make purchases to maximise VIP and gifts? Am I reading right that a purchase later in October can possibly be timed for double points and two gifts? Then the other around Black Friday if that Charles Dickens set is free and maybe double VIP again? Remind me can you earn VIP points when you use them towards purchase, or would I be mad to use them to buy during a double-points period?

I redeemed VIP points against an order last week and still got double points.

Advertisement