Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

g0g wrote: »
    Between now and end of year I reckon I'll defo pick up both Nintendo NES and the Piano set. Thoughts on best times to make purchases to maximise VIP and gifts? Am I reading right that a purchase later in October can possibly be timed for double points and two gifts? Then the other around Black Friday if that Charles Dickens set is free and maybe double VIP again? Remind me can you earn VIP points when you use them towards purchase, or would I be mad to use them to buy during a double-points period?

You'd be mad to use them as you're essentially nuking part of the bonus. You only get the points on what you're spending (iirc).

They generally do double VIP again at Black Friday but stock can be hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Rhyme wrote: »
    It's a great build, lovely display piece and, in my opinion, worth the money. I've seen plenty of arguments against it, valid ones too, but if your partner would like it then it's a very thoughtful gift (though you may lose them for a good few hours on Christmas Day :) ).

Thanks for all the replies. I’m used to being a Lego widow :-) Think i’ll take advantage of the double vip points and get it ordered.

Free LEGO 40413 MINDSTORMS Mini Robots deal starts today. Spend over €100 and the item is free.

It's a nice little freebie enabling you to build five separate models.

50435889713_2b38be1f64_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Free LEGO 40413 MINDSTORMS Mini Robots deal starts today. Spend over €100 and the item is free.

It's a nice little freebie enabling you to build five separate models.

50435889713_2b38be1f64_b.jpg

I'm really hoping this lasts until the 21st when the Batwing comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Is there expected to be a mini batwing with the full sized set? The set looks amazing when hung on a wall

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is there expected to be a mini batwing with the full sized set? The set looks amazing when hung on a wall

I've only seen people hoping for it, nothing to suggest it would be an actuality. Which is a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I know this is from an earlier post but this is the free figure released in lego star wars magazine on 18th November. I took a pic of it in the lego star wars magazine out at moment but over 4mb so I can't post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Looks as if the Neb-B will be sold at Amazon US. Addresspal should work no problem ordering here

https://brickset.com/article/54212/[us]-nebulon-b-frigate-to-be-available-from-amazon

Looks as if the Neb-B will be sold at Amazon US. Addresspal should work no problem ordering here

https://brickset.com/article/54212/[us]-nebulon-b-frigate-to-be-available-from-amazon

Looks like the placeholder has been removed

A new rumoured GWP in the Harry Potter theme has been revealed and it looks pretty classy - The Monster Book of Monsters.

30628-1.jpg

lego-harry-potter-the-monster-book-of-monsters-30628-compile.jpg

Bit disappointed as I sprung for Diagon Alley last week but then again the Double VIP points are probably more valuable (for me) in the long run.

Currently only in China, there's no date yet for global release but its free with HP purchases over ~€180.

• Advertisement

A new rumoured GWP in the Harry Potter theme has been revealed and it looks pretty classy - The Monster Book of Monsters.

30628-1.jpg

lego-harry-potter-the-monster-book-of-monsters-30628-compile.jpg

Bit disappointed as I sprung for Diagon Alley last week but then again the Double VIP points are probably more valuable (for me) in the long run.

Currently only in China, there's no date yet for global release but its free with HP purchases over ~€180.

Looks pretty good alright. The €180 price point seems strange though given there's only 2 Harry Potter sets at that price.

On a separate note, I should get Diagon alley finished today. Its defo given me a taste for the modular buildings

Looks pretty good alright. The €180 price point seems strange though given there's only 2 Harry Potter sets at that price.

On a separate note, I should get Diagon alley finished today. Its defo given me a taste for the modular buildings

It is strange alright. The Chinese ad had it positioned next to Diagon Alley so maybe its a direct push for that set. Sure, you can bundle multiple HP sets to reach the price, but still a strange price point as most people will have a couple of sets already so getting to the €180 mark may be tricky without relatively unwanted purchases.

You might get a Gringotts next year as well as another 250 euro set :)

You might get a Gringotts next year as well as another 250 euro set :)

I've heard that rumour and I fully support it!

Edit I've heard about Gringotts but not another building

I know double VIP points ends the 20th but does that include the 20th or does it mean midnight in 22hrs?

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I know double VIP points ends the 20th but does that include the 20th or does it mean midnight in 22hrs?

Usually its up until the last minute of the day in question so 23:59 on the 20th.

Usually its up until the last minute of the day in question so 23:59 on the 20th.

Thank you.

I've heard that rumour and I fully support it!

Edit I've heard about Gringotts but not another building

The price list rumour included a 125e set and a 249e set with the idea that Gringotts is the 125e but, honestly, I think it'll be the 249e one complete with a rear interior of a vault or two and maybe a dragon to bust through the skylight.

The price list rumour included a 125e set and a 249e set with the idea that Gringotts is the 125e but, honestly, I think it'll be the 249e one complete with a rear interior of a vault or two and maybe a dragon to bust through the skylight.

Interesting. Is suspect Gringotts to be the more expensive of the 2 as well. €125 set is interesting, I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan by any means but I can't think of too many locations other than another Hogwarts expansion that'd justify that price.

I can't think of too many locations other than another Hogwarts expansion that'd justify that price.

Exactly. Gringotts is multiple scenes* to make it 'complete'**, pretty much everything else is just an exterior and a well-appointed interior. Some interiors need function but largely it's window dressing for kids to recreate the movies.

*exterior, clerks desks, main desk, trolley, dragon and caverns and vaults.

**they could skimp on the clerks desks, trolley and caverns and not lose too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When stuff goes on sale to VIP members on a certain date (in this case, the batwing), what time is that normally available to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Star Lord wrote: »
    When stuff goes on sale to VIP members on a certain date (in this case, the batwing), what time is that normally available to buy?

For the pirate bay it went on sale at midnight, so the batwing should go on sale at midnight tonight (hopefully)

Star Lord wrote: »

Its available now.
    Double VIP points counting too it seems, probably just until midnight. I wouldn't have used vouchers if I had thought of that.

Literally went on to order something now and double VIP points ended errrr so it doesn't go to midnight. I will have to remember in future. I could of ordered it all bloody day.

Sorry went on there and ordered barracuda Bay still giving double points even tho not advertising it now. Was tempted on the batwing but nostalgia for lego pirates from childhood I had to get it. Xmas present from her to me so will get it on Xmas day. Building the lego creator pirate set at moment so happy out. Enjoy getting the batwing everyone who buys it as stunning set also.

Sorry can I ask if anyone has ever made a mistake on lego..com's website? I think I ordered barracuda Bay twice, just I put in all the details 1st time on my mobile and it went through but I dropped my mobile and it came up error message on lego site saying something went wrong. I think order number came up just as I dropped it but can't be sure. So I went into my account on the laptop this time and no order history there and I hadn't gotten an email about placing the order so I thought OK grand mustn't of went through. So I placed other order there now I got a screenshot or my order invoice for that one so. But nothing in my order history or no emails in regards to this and now that's got me a bit panicked as that's what happened on the 1st order so I think I have ordered it twice. I just don't have the order number for 1st one. I was logged in on my lego account doing it. So I emailed them there to cancel 1st order if I put it through 2 times by mistake and I just got confirmation email in regards to that. Just wondering are they fast at responding and if I did put it through twice by mistake would it be sorted before there both sent out? Would they cancel one teh and send other one out? It's going by standard post so think says 3 days before sent out. Sorry for long post as I have only bought from their website twice so not sure what way it works. I would of thought order would show in your account order details straight away so it threw me and I was rushing to get order in before 12 for double VIP points. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I had the same issue ordering the Batwing. RGARDINR, check your browser history and open the checkout complete page. It showed me my full successful order detail and order number. Didn't get an email and its not showing up in my order history right now so took a screenshot for my own sake having redeemed my VIP points.

I've never had to deal with them on issues like that but it's common for orders not to appear or be confirmed for an hour so that's not unusual.

I've dealt with them on other customer service issues and they're great. You'll have to call their customer service in the morning. If you're there quick, it should be OK.

Absolute worst case scenario if you can't stop it, you have a cooling off period and can return the duplicate for a refund.

pcadhain wrote: »
    I had the same issue ordering the Batwing. RGARDINR, check your browser history and open the checkout complete page. It showed me my full successful order detail and order number. Didn't get an email and its not showing up in my order history right now so took a screenshot for my own sake having redeemed my VIP points.

Thanks i went into it there on the one on the mobile on the checkout page. So it eventually opened up and just a lego chap leaning against a red brick. Has looks like something has gone wrong! Please try again. So it might not of went through. Hopefully.

Ahhh right sorry I didn't realise that usually when make orders on my sites its in your account and you can see it straight away that's what through me. I will hopefully see it in my orders in a bit and just the 1 but ha my luck defo be the 2. Is it free returns to send it back? I can ring them in the morning anyhow if 2 orders put through and like you said might stop it there.

• Advertisement

Its an unusual one with lego where you dont see the order after placing it, I've never seen it on any other site.
    But the same happened me with Barracuda Bay when I ordered that as soon as it launched. Maybe its a surge on the site causing a backlog?
    I could see the transaction pending in my bank account though so I was happy enough. And I took a screenshot of the order number to be sure.

They have always replied within 1 working day for me when I've contacted them.

Advertisement