Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah V silly not showing in your order history as should be there straight away once you confirm payment. Must happen to them a lot this, they really should sort that out as you say never see that before always when you put an order through on a website its there in your account order history if you have one set up. Paid by credit card so transactions won't show up for about 2 days and no email from lego confirming order or in my order details. Will see in the morning. Thanks for advice everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Just got the email 9 hours later and it simultaneously showed up on the history. They must be overwhelmed with orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thenumber3

I've noticed this with Lego in the past and the same happened to me yesterday evening. There was no confirmation of my purchase from Lego until this morning. I use Paypal and that makes an instant record of your purchase including the Lego products etc. so i knew it was processed.

Same got one there 25 mins ago for 1st order. Yeah I definitely ordered 2 sets as in my order history when I go into my lego account. 2 separate orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

do they put order limit on these?

Could be some scalpers immediately ordered many and intend to make it out of stock and sell on ebay :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, limited to 2 per customer

On hold last 20 mins on lego customer number. Try and get the 2nd barracuda Bay set cancelled. I emailed them last night but says as v busy may take more then 4 days to reply so trying to do this here.

Got through to them there nice chap talking to so both orders are gone through to the warehouse so he can't cancel the order once through there. So 2 options 1st one is he will keep eye on order and when it goes to dpd courier he will get them to return it to the warehouse and I will be refunded on the amount deducted 5 days later. I picked this option as 2nd option was get order to house and you have 6 months to return it to them and get refund then.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

nialldinho wrote: »
    I got this month’s issue for my son yesterday. Luke won’t be with next month’s one here..

There is a Luke figure with the November issue here. Looks to be the Bespin one..

There is a Luke figure with the November issue here. Looks to be the Bespin one..

When is the November set out?

When is the November set out?

18th November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

There are plenty of people selling the figure for cheap on Bricklink, mostly German sellers. They might have gotten the issue early. I've one on the way.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    On hold last 20 mins on lego customer number. Try and get the 2nd barracuda Bay set cancelled. I emailed them last night but says as v busy may take more then 4 days to reply so trying to do this here.

Got through to them there nice chap talking to so both orders are gone through to the warehouse so he can't cancel the order once through there. So 2 options 1st one is he will keep eye on order and when it goes to dpd courier he will get them to return it to the warehouse and I will be refunded on the amount deducted 5 days later. I picked this option as 2nd option was get order to house and you have 6 months to return it to them and get refund then.

should have just kept it and keep it sealed in the storeroom for 10 years (to give to your grandchild or sell it for 10000):P

seraphimvc wrote: »
    should have just kept it and keep it sealed in the storeroom for 10 years (to give to your grandchild or sell it for 10000):P
    haha if I could of i would of as it is the eves are full with lego and even a fair bit in the parents attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Snakess1980

Recently got back into Lego when I got some.sets for my son.
    Now building up quite a collection for myself.

Was one of the lucky ones to pick up a V22 Osprey at retail price as I had it on pre order. Going to start into this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

They dispatch stuff incredibly quickly from the warehouse. I’ve unsuccessfully tried to cancel a order within an hour of making it. Same options given as above, worked out fine. And this happened in the before time, before all the craziness.

Well the 2 orders came today. Guess they couldn't sort it with DPD. Funny cos I had emailed them as well as ringing lego helpline and they said sort one of the orders out. Suppose with it being so mad busy couldn't be sorted. Anyone this happen to? Do you contact them and they arrange pick up from DPD or what happens next does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Well the 2 orders came today. Guess they couldn't sort it with DPD. Funny cos I had emailed them as well as ringing lego helpline and they said sort one of the orders out. Suppose with it being so mad busy couldn't be sorted. Anyone this happen to? Do you contact them and they arrange pick up from DPD or what happens next does anyone know.

Generally if an item is being returned and the reason for return isn't that it's faulty, damaged etc., shipping is to be paid by the buyer as you're returning it under the cooling off period rather than anything else so they're not liable to cover it.

Lego may cover it (if they're being decent) but they could argue that it was you that ordered twice by not waiting for confirmation first time around.

Again, that's just a factual return policy owing to what's required from a regulatory perspective. Lego may indeed cover shipping but they're not technically obliged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Generally if an item is being returned and the reason for return isn't that it's faulty, damaged etc., shipping is to be paid by the buyer as you're returning it under the cooling off period rather than anything else so they're not liable to cover it.

Lego may cover it (if they're being decent) but they could argue that it was you that ordered twice by not waiting for confirmation first time around.

Again, that's just a factual return policy owing to what's required from a regulatory perspective. Lego may indeed cover shipping but they're not technically obliged to.

They covered shipping for me. Just had to print off the anpost label and drop it off at the post office. Not sure if that’s the same now with Dpd.

They covered shipping for me. Just had to print off the anpost label and drop it off at the post office. Not sure if that’s the same now with Dpd.

That's great then. Plenty of retailers wouldn't. Good to see Lego doing the decent thing :)

Crap. Thanks for letting me know. I will contact them tomorrow and reply to their email in regards to it. Just shame was such a pricey set. Thanks for replying.

• Advertisement

Cool hopefully they say something along those lines. I wouldn't mind I replied to their email saying did they receive the 2nd set back and when would I get the refund back but that was today before I received the 2 sets so wasn't expecting the 2 of them but sure I will contact them again tomorrow and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I had similar situation a few months back and returned the duplicate set. They sent out a shipping label etc but when they refund you for the set (when they receive it) they deducted a restocking fee from my refund. I can't find anywhere on the site that says this...but it did happen to me.

soc wrote: »
    I had similar situation a few months back and returned the duplicate set. They sent out a shipping label etc but when they refund you for the set (when they receive it) they deducted a restocking fee from my refund. I can't find anywhere on the site that says this...but it did happen to me.
    Just curious how much was the restocking fee?

They rang me today so all sorted sent me a label for dpd to return same in my email. Will send it off over next few days and get refunded back then. Nice people to deal with over the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Just curious how much was the restocking fee?

I bought item for 59.99 and they refunded me 56.74. So about 5% for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Ecto-1 announced now. Looks fantastic, slightly surprised there are no minfigs similar to the large batman sets that came with 3 each.

Ecto-1

Now do I have the room for it??

brianomc wrote: »
    Ecto-1 announced now. Looks fantastic, slightly surprised there are no minfigs similar to the large batman sets that came with 3 each.

Ecto-1

Now do I have the room for it??
    looks so nice now. Yeah surprised no minifigures with it now.

ya same here very surprised that no minifigs at all and with that price tag, and also 30 stickers. the size looks like it should be similar to those creator cars (those are half the price). hmmm...

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ya same here very surprised that no minifigs at all and with that price tag, and also 30 stickers. the size looks like it should be similar to those creator cars (those are half the price). hmmm...

Particularly when they had the minifigs with the original Ecto set.

Maybe they didn't want to re-release them unchanged but can't see why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'll probably just not put on the rust stickers and pretend it's the Ecto-1 from the first film.

My real quandary is, do I sell my original Ecto-1 set if I'm upsizing? I did it with the Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer sets when I bought the midi versions (though that was down-sizing).

Advertisement