Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's not minifig scale though so can understand not including them. Still would be nice for display though.
    seraphimvc wrote: »
    ya same here very surprised that no minifigs at all and with that price tag, and also 30 stickers. the size looks like it should be similar to those creator cars (those are half the price). hmmm...

It's 2352 pieces vs 1471 for the 10265 Creator Mustang so its a nice bit bigger.

Particularly when they had the minifigs with the original Ecto set.

Maybe they didn't want to re-release them unchanged but can't see why not.

If the set is linked to the new movie, maybe including minifigs would give away spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If the set is linked to the new movie, maybe including minifigs would give away spoilers

Personally I'd think it would be a bad move to link it to link it to the new film - its iconic with the original four and bringing in new film figs or older Ghostbusters (less Egon) wouldn't go down well.

I would say they just didn't want to simply re-release the same minifigs as last time given it would looka bit lazy.

Personally I'd think it would be a bad move to link it to link it to the new film - its iconic with the original four and bringing in new film figs or older Ghostbusters (less Egon) wouldn't go down well.

I would say they just didn't want to simply re-release the same minifigs as last time given it would looka bit lazy.

It does mention it as being a new version unfortunately linking it to the movie. Updated minifigs would have been cool.

I guess no minifigs makes it ambiguous and appealing to existing fans and potential new ones

It does mention it as being a new version unfortunately linking it to the movie. Updated minifigs would have been cool.

Wow. I take it back so. The gunner seat is a discreet feature at least. And at least they didn't try to brand it as a Ghostbusters 2016 model... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

The rust stickers(which i wont use) links it to the new film. Its a must must have for me regardless. Think the ladder is on the wrong side tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I noticed the same thing but found that the ladder is changed in the new movie. Maybe it's to do with the gunner seat? I adore the original movies but I'll hold off until Ghostbusters Afterlife comes out before getting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

pcadhain wrote: »
    I noticed the same thing but found that the ladder is changed in the new movie. Maybe it's to do with the gunner seat? I adore the original movies but I'll hold off until Ghostbusters Afterlife comes out before getting this.

Lord knows when that will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

brianomc wrote: »
    Ecto-1...

Now do I have the room for it??

Lol, I have similar issue. I may have to dismantle the Bond Aston Martin and slot it in there. Its my least favourite of the creator expert cars so far. The mini was the first I got and I love it still, the Mustang is a close 2nd. Must say I really like the look of this Ecto-1 and look forward to building it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Sorry just a quick query you might of came across before. OK so I ordered the lego barracuda Bay set at around 11.40ish on the 20th at night time so 20 mins before double VIP points offer ended. By mistake I ordered the 2nd one before 12 that night as was eager to get the double VIP points. OK I posted on this already so I sent it back so that will be sorted in a few days as only got to post it this week. It was when I contacted them in regards the double VIP points to get put on for the barracuda set I am keeping the reply says my order was made on the 21st of October which it is showing in my order history on my lego account so they can't give me the double VIP points. Now if definitely wasn't as I sent them an email at 4 minutes past 12 saying I made a mistake and I believe I had ordered 2 sets by accident which I have the lego automated reply saying they will get back to me in a few days. I definitely done one 20 mins before midnight and 2nd one by mistake about 10 minutes to midnight. Now my bank account as I paid by credit card shows the 23rd money transaction so that's no good to show them. Just wondering do I have a leg to stand on in regards the double VIP points as it is showing order history 21st but I 100% done the order on the 2 sets 1 mistaken before midnight or just leave it and get them to put the normal points on for the set. Its why I bought it to get the double VIP points and the free gift when I did. Thanks and sorry not as quick when I type it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If they go by the book, the points typically get added once the item ships rather than when it's bought. I think that's what appears on the screen around a purchase. That's just off the top of my head, could be wrong.

Bricklinked something over the weekend, bit early in the year for it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Rhyme wrote: »
    If they go by the book, the points typically get added once the item ships rather than when it's bought. I think that's what appears on the screen around a purchase. That's just off the top of my head, could be wrong.

That's deadly , were the parts expensive ?

gizabeer wrote: »
    That's deadly , were the parts expensive ?

Probably the guts of 100e but considering the set goes for upwards of 300e for a non-bricklinked version, I'm pretty happy.

Had to swap out a few colours, especially the large red wing pieces as they are stupid expensive. Don't have the pilot minifigure either but I think I'll just throw Santa in there when the time comes.

Ahhh right thanks for that. Seems silly as should be when you buy it and not when it ships. Sure I will reply and see what that say. The set you made is class looking by the way.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Ahhh right thanks for that. Seems silly as should be when you buy it and not when it ships. Sure I will reply and see what that say. The set you made is class looking by the way.

When it ships makes sense. Imagine the hassle of removing VIP points if orders are cancelled or the item is out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Probably the guts of 100e but considering the set goes for upwards of 300e for a non-bricklinked version, I'm pretty happy.

Had to swap out a few colours, especially the large red wing pieces as they are stupid expensive. Don't have the pilot minifigure either but I think I'll just throw Santa in there when the time comes.

This looks great.

Can you post link to order similar setup?

When it ships makes sense. Imagine the hassle of removing VIP points if orders are cancelled or the item is out of stock

Ohh I understand but my problem is I ordered the set when the double VIP points were still on offer but the order is showing the following day when VIP offer ended and that's what there telling me but I put through my credit card details and bought on the day of the double VIP points I know left it last minute but still tíl done my order before it ended. Just if my order was done on the day of the double VIP points I should get that and it should not show the following day as order made. 1st World problems I know ha. But was a reason I ordered the set. Sure I will reply to them and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Small chance, they are an hour ahead of us in Denmark. Maybe point this out to them. If you placed the order at 23:40 in Ireland but for them its showing maybe 00:40 the next day after the offer ended?

Jacovs wrote: »
    Small chance, they are an hour ahead of us in Denmark. Maybe point this out to them. If you placed the order at 23:40 in Ireland but for them its showing maybe 00:40 the next day after the offer ended?

Yeah ws thinking that may be the case. I will definitely say that, thanks.

quazzy wrote: »
    This looks great.

Can you post link to order similar setup?

Parts list on this page; https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=4002019-1

If you have an account you can 'Part Out' in the 'My Wanted List' section and see what you can order there. The top option in the items for sale looks decent (guy in Czech Republic), it seems to include everything except the pilot for 263 euro. More expensive than what I did but far less fuss and you get the instructions and box too.
    RGARDINR wrote: »
    Yeah ws thinking that may be the case. I will definitely say that, thanks.

Have a chat with them, the worst thing they can do is say no. They might side with you.

• Advertisement

Parts list on this page; https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=4002019-1

If you have an account you can 'Part Out' in the 'My Wanted List' section and see what you can order there. The top option in the items for sale looks decent (guy in Czech Republic), it seems to include everything except the pilot for 263 euro. More expensive than what I did but far less fuss and you get the instructions and box too.

Have a chat with them, the worst thing they can do is say no. They might side with you.

Thanks very true worse they can say is no. Sent reply there to them so will see what they say, thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

that is such a lovely employee set, i am tempted to bricklink it. it does look like i have alot of parts of it already hmmm. I actually haven't bought any spaceship set for awhile except the SW battle pack (and that UCS MF...), thinking to get Razor Crest but the SW pricetags nowadays are mental...

and speaking of ship...made this mini the other weekend (it is from the 60th anniversary and the 21313 ship in bottle).

eDmLUBnl.jpg

and ye i am addicted to these micro mini builds :pac:
    xk797J2l.jpg

i actually have a microscale ninjago city and parisian restaurant at my parent's

that is such a lovely employee set, i am tempted to bricklink it. it does look like i have alot of parts of it already hmmm. I actually haven't bought any spaceship set for awhile except the SW battle pack (and that UCS MF...), thinking to get Razor Crest but the SW pricetags nowadays are mental...

It is largely identical to the previous X-Wing so the parts are fairly common. When I was starting to piece it together, I found this link that details the build and the difficult to source parts. Some of the harder to source parts are internal so can be colour swapped and ones that can't that are white/red can be swapped to red/white like the red wing pieces.

It is largely identical to the previous X-Wing so the parts are fairly common. When I was starting to piece it together, I found this link that details the build and the difficult to source parts. Some of the harder to source parts are internal so can be colour swapped and ones that can't that are white/red can be swapped to red/white like the red wing pieces.

thanks for the link. thats really nice, perfect for christmas deco and one can rebuild it every year. ye i am going to look up the parts when i started my holiday, i may not build the igloo but it is nice damn

thanks for the link. thats really nice, perfect for christmas deco and one can rebuild it every year. ye i am going to look up the parts when i started my holiday, i may not build the igloo but it is nice damn

I wasn't terribly keen on the igloo but as a stand to hold the X-Wing in flight, it's lovely. I have it next to the regular X-Wing and it being up at a height really gives it a kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

LEGO teases rumoured Colosseum as ‘largest product ever made’ - https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-teases-rumoured-colosseum-as-largest-product-ever-made/

What do you all reckon?

LEGO teases rumoured Colosseum as ‘largest product ever made’ - https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-teases-rumoured-colosseum-as-largest-product-ever-made/

What do you all reckon?

Very excited for it and have long thought a Lego Colosseum has been long overdue. Over 9000 pieces will make it enormous and probably a significant spend. Hopefully there are a lot of smaller pieces because I would love this but can't justify a €500+ spend after getting Old Trafford, Diagon Alley etc this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

Very excited for it and have long thought a Lego Colosseum has been long overdue. Over 9000 pieces will make it enormous and probably a significant spend. Hopefully there are a lot of smaller pieces because I would love this but can't justify a €500+ spend after getting Old Trafford, Diagon Alley etc this year.

you might be able to offload Old Trafford to fund part of it? Sell before the decline is too great.... :D

I bought Diagon Alley but haven't started on it yet!

• Advertisement

you might be able to offload Old Trafford to fund part of it? Sell before the decline is too great.... :D

I bought Diagon Alley but haven't started on it yet!

I bought Old Trafford at the end of last season when Man Utd qualified for Europe, on a big high. Now, you're right... it's just sitting there, goading me and hard to motivate to build it. I needed it 15 years ago!! :D

Good suggestion though thanks :) I may see how the announcement on Friday goes and consider trading up.

Advertisement