Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Very excited for it and have long thought a Lego Colosseum has been long overdue. Over 9000 pieces will make it enormous and probably a significant spend. Hopefully there are a lot of smaller pieces because I would love this but can't justify a €500+ spend after getting Old Trafford, Diagon Alley etc this year.

It leaked a week or two back on Instagram. Looks very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

It looks awesome but going by the leaked image that would be a really repetitive build for me.

Is there any talk of a modular building this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

we should see some news on 2021 modular building soon.

The last modular that i am interested in...somehow turned out to be The Diner. the bloody set is looking like it will be retired soon and i cannot find a good price of it anywhere now...feel gutted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

I bought Old Trafford at the end of last season when Man Utd qualified for Europe, on a big high. Now, you're right... it's just sitting there, goading me and hard to motivate to build it. I needed it 15 years ago!! :D

Good suggestion though thanks :) I may see how the announcement on Friday goes and consider trading up.

In fairness, OT looks like a nice set. I'd love to see Lego do a deal with Liverpool and get Anfield. I'm hoping we've 15 years of success ahead of us (although I might get a game at centre back the way things are going with injuries).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

seraphimvc wrote: »

The last modular that i am interested in...somehow turned out to be The Diner. the bloody set is looking like it will be retired soon and i cannot find a good price of it anywhere now...feel gutted lol

What? Its in smyths for 159.99 an plenty of stock.

• Advertisement

Is the Smyths price not reasonable?

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-exclusives-and-hard-to-find/lego-10260-creator-expert-downtown-diner-modular-model/p/165317

Modular sets only appear to go up. I've been looking to get the retired Town Hall set - crazy money though.

eh hell how did i miss that lol thanks lads, i might pick it up soon. The sites i usually look at (amazon, uk sites, ebay etc) all jacked up to £180+ for awhile now
    Is the Smyths price not reasonable?

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-exclusives-and-hard-to-find/lego-10260-creator-expert-downtown-diner-modular-model/p/165317

Modular sets only appear to go up. I've been looking to get the retired Town Hall set - crazy money though.

Town hall is definitely a massive miss-out for a lot of people. Yup, it is insanity to get it in 2nd market.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Just bought the BatWing and The Child Yoda getting ready for Xmas, will be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

PHG wrote: »
    Just bought the BatWing and The Child Yoda getting ready for Xmas, will be fun :D

I've the Batwing in my attic, calling my name. I'll be adding the Ecto-1 to that pile next week, might get a chance to build at Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Rhyme wrote: »
    I've the Batwing in my attic, calling my name. I'll be adding the Ecto-1 to that pile next week, might get a chance to build at Christmas :)

They sold out on lego.ie, so won't be shipped until the 17th of November. Won't be back in Ireland until mid December but would not have been able able to hold out until the if bought here plus its 30EUR more in Sweden than in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego Shop has revealed some of this year’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotions. Before that, LEGO will have a VIP Weekend in which they will have the same promotions from November 21-22.

First is the LEGO Charles Dickens Tribute (40410) which you can get with purchases of €150 or more. There is also a free Teal VIP Brick with purchases of €200 or more. You will also get double VIP points on every item as well as sales on select products. LEGO will run the same promotions again a week after from November 27-30 for Black Friday through Cyber Monday

Lego Shop has revealed some of this year’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotions. Before that, LEGO will have a VIP Weekend in which they will have the same promotions from November 21-22.

First is the LEGO Charles Dickens Tribute (40410) which you can get with purchases of €150 or more. There is also a free Teal VIP Brick with purchases of €200 or more. You will also get double VIP points on every item as well as sales on select products. LEGO will run the same promotions again a week after from November 27-30 for Black Friday through Cyber Monday

I wonder what sets will be on sale? After Diagon alley I'm considering picking up one of the modulars.

LEGO teases rumoured Colosseum as ‘largest product ever made’ - https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-teases-rumoured-colosseum-as-largest-product-ever-made/

What do you all reckon?

https://brickset.com/article/54484/largest-lego-set-ever-revealed!

some huge chunk of tan bricks :pac: 9036 pieces at 500e. i wont have it but i would love to see it in real, it looks epic!

and ye come on a minifig gladiator or two would be appropriate lol (i know architech line doesnt do that)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

https://brickset.com/article/54484/largest-lego-set-ever-revealed!

some huge chunk of tan bricks :pac: 9036 pieces at 500e. i wont have it but i would love to see it in real, it looks epic!

and ye come on a minifig gladiator or two would be appropriate lol (i know architech line doesnt do that)

I really like the look of it, but think it could be an absolutely brutal build. I found the repetition in the Carousel tedious and this looks that’d be multiples of that.

I'm trying to plan some black Friday purchases. Does anyone know if you still get the freebies and double points if a set is on back order? Loads of sets don't appear to be in stock currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm trying to plan some black Friday purchases. Does anyone know if you still get the freebies and double points if a set is on back order? Loads of sets don't appear to be in stock currently.

If on back order, GWP's maybe, double points, probably not.

I've had an order before that was one big thing, one small thing and one GWP. They sent the small thing and the GWP separately as the big thing was on back order so there's a good chance. I'm not sure if that's a trick of stock vs. order but their customer outlook is get as much of the order to the buyer as soon as possible, even if it's the smallest thing and they end up footing twice the bill for chipping.

If the GWP is on your initial order statement, you're probably in the clear but it's my understanding that double VIP points are applied at point of shipping but sure it's worth the risk. I'm thinking of holding off on the Ecto-1 to get the GWP, risky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Rhyme wrote: »
    If on back order, GWP's maybe, double points, probably not.

I've had an order before that was one big thing, one small thing and one GWP. They sent the small thing and the GWP separately as the big thing was on back order so there's a good chance. I'm not sure if that's a trick of stock vs. order but their customer outlook is get as much of the order to the buyer as soon as possible, even if it's the smallest thing and they end up footing twice the bill for chipping.

If the GWP is on your initial order statement, you're probably in the clear but it's my understanding that double VIP points are applied at point of shipping but sure it's worth the risk. I'm thinking of holding off on the Ecto-1 to get the GWP, risky though.

I got a few back and forth emails from lego in regards the double VIP points on the barracuda set, well they replied yesterday and girl saw my point even tho email before didn't so I had to send all my details in regards to my order, order number etc. So will be given double VIP points for the set made 20 mins before double VIP points ended, I asked in regards to other set I sent back on the 4th November when I will be sorted in regards to refund. So thanks for advice I was given on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Did anyone nab a 77906 Nebulon Frigate from Lego.com or Amazon.com US?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I tried at about 10:30, and Lego.com were all sold out, but I was able to pick up on Amazon.com just after

Yep from amazon. Lego went live with it at 5am so not much chance for us there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

It seems by all accounts that Lego.com sold out in 10-15 minutes. I managed to grab it from Amazon as well using addresspal

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Just got my Amazon dispatch notification :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone gotten and made Voltron. I've had a couple of issues with pieces, three pieces. One was in the wrong bag, one piece was wrong I got a 2x2 L shaped piece instead of a 3x1 plank and another piece was missing, fortunately it want keep to the build, well technically when I found it was missing it was needed, but the piece was used elsewhere where it wasn't needed so I could swap it about.

I think this is my first time ever having an issue let alone three.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Has anyone gotten and made Voltron. I've had a couple of issues with pieces, three pieces. One was in the wrong bag, one piece was wrong I got a 2x2 L shaped piece instead of a 3x1 plank and another piece was missing, fortunately it want keep to the build, well technically when I found it was missing it was needed, but the piece was used elsewhere where it wasn't needed so I could swap it about.

I think this is my first time ever having an issue let alone three.

Contact lego they will sort it. Its easy to order missing pieces on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

madalig12 wrote: »
    Contact lego they will sort it. Its easy to order missing pieces on their website.

Yeah they are very good like that. Twice I've looked for a replacement piece that was missing and got them very quickly. Once I had used a wrong piece earlier one in the build and the other time it wasn't missing at all, I was just doing my best blind impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah they are very good like that. Twice I've looked for a replacement piece that was missing and got them very quickly. Once I had used a wrong piece earlier one in the build and the other time it wasn't missing at all, I was just doing my best blind impression.

Very similar here, in that the first time I was just not seeing the piece, as it'd fallen back into the box, among bags that came later in the build process. The second time I needed to request a missing piece it was actually missing though. They genuinely are very good at shipping them out, and the interface for ordering them makes it very straight forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

LEGO Super Mario - January 2021 Release Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_L0Z8zfuICU
    Let kids take their real-world adventures with LEGO Super Mario to another level with the new 2021 range of sets! The awesome Master Your Adventure Maker Set allows young builders to customize special blocks and build new challenges with their Starter Course and Expansion Sets in unlimited ways to create their own unique levels. And check out Power-Up suits that give LEGO Mario new abilities, plus collectible Character Packs featuring iconic Super Mario characters to create even more exciting interactive play possibilities.

How do people store their sets? Up until recently I built most sets and stored them in plastic tubs but I'm literally at capacity and have started moving more towards displaying larger and UCS sets so the number of sets on display is decreasing.

I reckon breaking them down into zip locks, putting them in their boxes and then storing them in the tubs in the attic is probably the best way to go. Seems like a massive waste to stick them up there out of sight.

I'd be interested to see what other people do

How do people store their sets? Up until recently I built most sets and stored them in plastic tubs but I'm literally at capacity and have started moving more towards displaying larger and UCS sets so the number of sets on display is decreasing.

I reckon breaking them down into zip locks, putting them in their boxes and then storing them in the tubs in the attic is probably the best way to go. Seems like a massive waste to stick them up there out of sight.

I'd be interested to see what other people do

I've installed new shelving in my home office to accommodate more sets. They are probably at 70% capacity though so it won't be long before I'll need other plans.

There are lots of sets I'd love but the space issue puts me off. I laugh when I see the lego advertisements for the adult sets (such as the new Roman colosseum) showing photos of a single set in a lovely office - who buys just one set??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jnk883

Lockdown has got me into Lego and now I'm trying to decide what to do about my next purchase with VIP (lego.com) and Black Friday weekends. I have my eye on the Nintendo and Apollo Saturn V. So do I go with the double points this weekend or wait to see if there are any good offers next week? Its hard call on what to do

Advertisement