Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Space stops us. Me and gf live in a small apartment in Stockholm but hopefully buying in Q1 next year. Swedes are great for storage and basement space so have stuff in there that will come out when we move. We will probably put a piece of lego in each room.

That said, we really enjoy the odd jigsaw and a quarter of the way through a 3000 piece one that herself is mad to put up on a wall (we have 1000 piece one of different shades of grey of Paris in the living room atm), and some posters from travel. Again will do 1 or 2 in each room.

I did the Tower Bridge one before, it was huge!! but unfortunately in an exes house in London so cannot go :P . Can't buy it again as retired or double the original price on e-bay.

A little off topic, we have gotten into board games with the restrictions and really recommend

- Deception
    - Risk
    - Beans

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Does anyone know if the offers go live at midnight for vip Black Friday or in the morning? Have a few ideas of stuff to get but don’t wanna get caught out and they go out of stock. Really want the Charles Dickens set, the brick isn’t really compelling so I’ll just build up to 150

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Does anyone know if the offers go live at midnight for vip Black Friday or in the morning? Have a few ideas of stuff to get but don’t wanna get caught out and they go out of stock. Really want the Charles Dickens set, the brick isn’t really compelling so I’ll just build up to 150

Midnight, or sometime around 11pm.

And the site is running on a complete go slow

Checked up the french store but no sets are on offer its only 2x points and gift with purchase

Thought there were some offers this week too :(

• Advertisement

Checked up the french store but no sets are on offer its only 2x points and gift with purchase

Thought there were some offers this week too :(

That's a pity, will still be happy with the gifts and vip points though

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

After two spinal surgeries this week 2020 has sucked enough to treat myself to the Ideas treehouse. So going with a gift for my niece I have qualified for the Dickens GWP and the teal brick. Really excited for the GWP do hope I get it before stocks are gone. Teal brick I have zero interest in but needed to get the nieces gift anyway. No idea what to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

polydactyl wrote: »
    After two spinal surgeries this week 2020 has sucked enough to treat myself to the Ideas treehouse. So doing with a gift for my niece I have qualified for the Dickens GWP and the teal brick. Really excited for the GWP do hope I get it before stocks are gone. Teal brick I have zero internet in but needed to get the nieces gift anyway. No idea what to do with it

You deserve to treat yourself after that! Enjoy the build, it looks like such an awesome set.

After two spinal surgeries this week 2020 has sucked enough to treat myself to the Ideas treehouse. So doing with a gift for my niece I have qualified for the Dickens GWP and the teal brick. Really excited for the GWP do hope I get it before stocks are gone. Teal brick I have zero internet in but needed to get the nieces gift anyway. No idea what to do with it

Nice man, enjoy! I missed out on Ecto-1 but picked up a UCS A-wing. That's 3 UCS sets in 3 weeks, my wife is gonna flip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sounds like a balls, hope the Lego helps. It’s well worth getting a good lot of extra leaves for the tree house. It really needs them and transforms the look of the set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Sounds like a balls, hope the Lego helps. It’s well worth getting a good lot of extra leaves for the tree house. It really needs them and transforms the look of the set.

Oh thanks for the tip, I’ll do that so!

Due to lack of stock of a few bits I wanted I ended up getting the Saturn V on a bit of an impulse due to a few good things I heard, quite excited now!

After two spinal surgeries this week 2020 has sucked enough to treat myself to the Ideas treehouse. So going with a gift for my niece I have qualified for the Dickens GWP and the teal brick. Really excited for the GWP do hope I get it before stocks are gone. Teal brick I have zero interest in but needed to get the nieces gift anyway. No idea what to do with it
    Sell it u will get 20 easy

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I got a few back and forth emails from lego in regards the double VIP points on the barracuda set, well they replied yesterday and girl saw my point even tho email before didn't so I had to send all my details in regards to my order, order number etc. So will be given double VIP points for the set made 20 mins before double VIP points ended, I asked in regards to other set I sent back on the 4th November when I will be sorted in regards to refund. So thanks for advice I was given on this thread.

Did you ever get sorted? I placed an order last night and can see it in my purchase history but haven't received a confirmation email. Got an email from PayPal straight after the order though. Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'd been holding off on getting a stack of road plates for ages due to space and time. Have a load of sets, extra pieces and ideas to develop a town. Now these new road slabs look good. Easy to snap in creator, city and moc structures. No need for extra wide tiled sidewalks to accommodate modulars. Can connect to train tracks with simple mods. Single lanes, double lanes, levelling up etc.. whats not to love? Overall a decent city wave too

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fzusammengebaut.com%2Flego-city-2021-sets-mit-neuem-strassensystem-ins-neue-jahr-108165%2F

I'd been holding off on getting a stack of road plates for ages due to space and time. Have a load of sets, extra pieces and ideas to develop a town. Now these new road slabs look good. Easy to snap in creator, city and moc structures. No need for extra wide tiled sidewalks to accommodate modulars. Can connect to train tracks with simple mods. Single lanes, double lanes, levelling up etc.. whats not to love? Overall a decent city wave too

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fzusammengebaut.com%2Flego-city-2021-sets-mit-neuem-strassensystem-ins-neue-jahr-108165%2F

I bought a bunch of road plates when I saw the leaks. I’m really not a fan. Now, I don’t think the outgoing plates are perfect, as evident by the bags of tiles I’ve purchased to polish them up, but they’re far easier to integrate with modulars than this new system. Also, curves? Or are all roads going to be grids now?

I think the city stuff is incredibly juniorised as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Did you ever get sorted? I placed an order last night and can see it in my purchase history but haven't received a confirmation email. Got an email from PayPal straight after the order though. Very strange

Got the double VIP points in the end a few days back few back and forth emails as you are getting in contact with a different individual each time who replies. One said no as my order was made on 21st but replied back saying done 20 mins before it ended and a few days later reply back saying I was right and they put them on then so happy with that, in regards to my 2nd order of the set I ordered by accident that's not been sorted yet as said not received yet. Asked for date I sent it back but sent her a screenshot of the receipt where I dropped it to, campus petrol in Ashbourne as they do drop offs for DPD to send item back, that was the 4th November when I dropped it into them and I replied to her email on Wednesday gone so waiting to hear back from lego about it. I would of thought they would of well had received it by now.

Some of said road plates. Finally started to get it together during lockdown, but I'm not happy with this layout, need to get it sorted before I start finalising the town.

50633081966_b0f9409fd5_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I bought the batwing for the Charles dickens gift, the batwing is on back order, does anyone know if I'll get the gift?
    It was part of my order, but now, is no longer showing as part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

That pic above is amazing Oafley Jones!

Picked up the Nintendo NES finally to qualify for the two gifts.
    Had been tempted by the Grand Piano for next weekend but it's showing as Out of Stock and (unusually) no back order details. Any news/info/rumours on if/when it's coming back?

• Advertisement

Irishbrick wrote: »
    I bought the batwing for the Charles dickens gift, the batwing is on back order, does anyone know if I'll get the gift?

I don't think you'll get the gift because the set isn't in stock. I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

What might happen, and it could be a roll of the dice, they could ship you the gift now and the Batwing when it's back in stock. It's happened to me once and I'm now in the same boat (ordered the Ecto-1 but it's backorder so I'm crossing my fingers).

I wouldn't have ordered anything if I wasn't going to get the gift, I'll be gutted if I miss out on it and there is nothing else on site I want

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

Ring lego and add a cheap item.... (maybe a minifig) be to that order and the gwp sets will come with the Minifigure I believe.
    I wouldn't have ordered anything if I wasn't going to get the gift, I'll be gutted if I miss out on it and there is nothing else on site I want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Hi all,
    Apologies if this is the wrong place for this.

Looking to sell off loads of Lego.

About 5 45Lt boxes full.
    It Includes Star Wars, Harry Potter, Hobbit, Scooby-Doo, Lego Ninjago, Jurassic World, and lots of Lego Technics.

Mini Figs from all the sets and from the single packs, probably looking at 250.

Any ideas for the best places to sell?

Thanks
    Rory

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi all,

About 5 45Lt boxes full.
    It Includes Star Wars, Harry Potter, Hobbit, Scooby-Doo, Lego Ninjago, Jurassic World, and lots of Lego Technics.

Thanks
    Rory

Try adverts.ie. If it's all mixed, theres a going rate of about €10/kg, so it might be worth your while figuring out which sets you have, and separating them that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone tried making perspex boxes to cover their sets? I was thinking of buying a sheet of perspex or similar to cut to size and make some boxes, but I'm concerned it might be harder than it sounds.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I ordered the Ecto-1 yesterday, and added this to the basket to bring the total over the €200 mark, for both GWP to be included. Just checked there and both GWP and 30555 are marked as shipped, with the Ecto-1 still on backorder

Spocker wrote: »
    I ordered the Ecto-1 yesterday, and added this to the basket to bring the total over the €200 mark, for both GWP to be included. Just checked there and both GWP and 30555 are marked as shipped, with the Ecto-1 still on backorder
    That's actually a neat little set! I'll ring em in the morning!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

About 5 45Lt boxes full.

Thanks
    Rory

At one time i woulda bought this but its too much work now. Best to seperate into sets and sell small. More money in it for you that way.

Advertisement