Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭HorseSea

g0g wrote: »

Then past couple of days I grabbed the two discounted voucher and the two keychain offers - granted that'll force another order in the next month but I can live with that :)

As far as I know you can only claim one of the VIP offers at a time, one with each order you make or does someone know how to claim more than one with a single order?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Simple things

Brought out totes of of my childhood lego. Classic space and city were my go to then. Thousands of pieces, in 6 colours! Grey, black, blue, white, yellow and red. Kids were picking out pieces they never saw in their own star wars, friends, city lego.

Anyway, immediately and instinctively created a small moc for my 4yo to which my daughter added her modern touch. The nostalgia was off the charts for such a simple little build. Opening boot and suspension too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i just shot Lego an email on both 80104 80105 chinese new year sets 2020 as i just saw that they took down the page of the sets (no longer in my wish list)...ffs lol why did i wait! really dont want to resort back to bricklink (shipping fees)

so finger crossed now they will bring them back...i understand that the new 2021 sets are coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Well my refund for the extra barracuda lego set was put back on see it now on my online bank account. Took a while but least sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

I ordered the ecto one while it was in stock this evening. Received the free ice ring set. I also add the metal vip key ring which I redeemed few days ago. I couldn’t add the other retro key ring I redeemed Using points on the 26th November. Can I only add one promo per order?

• Advertisement

Billydoc wrote: »
    I ordered the ecto one while it was in stock this evening. Received the free ice ring set. I also add the metal vip key ring which I redeemed few days ago. I couldn’t add the other retro key ring I redeemed Using points on the 26th November. Can I only add one promo per order?

I seem to have missed the mail about the rink. That's v nice. Reminds me of the fountain from a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego have finally rolled out an "In Stock Notification" request on their item pages where they will e-mail you when selected items are back in stock.

Was long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lego have finally rolled out an "In Stock Notification" request on their item pages where they will e-mail you when selected items are back in stock.

Was long overdue.

It's been there with several weeks now. I'm waiting on an email now since early November. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

I've been hearing rumors that the Downtown Diner is retiring this year? It hasn't been in stock on Lego's website for some time.

Anyways, Smyths seems to have a bit of stock if anyone needs it before it's gone?

Colham wrote: »
    I've been hearing rumors that the Downtown Diner is retiring this year? It hasn't been in stock on Lego's website for some time.

Anyways, Smyths seems to have a bit of stock if anyone needs it before it's gone?

I am eyeing for one and ye other lads told me smyth still got some stock :P i still havent ordered one....because..i am thinking to get it via UK smyth (cheaper price aha):pac:

• Advertisement

got 15 packs of HP series2 (half price at argos!) - only 1 duplicate - that means i have all figs except harry's parents (in which i am happy with). happy day!

This 2nd series is a bit of let down, harry's parents and the trio look so common, wesleys are my favourite, dumbledore and bellatrix are excellent

Anyone get lego marvel set 76162 black widow set? Just looking at it on lego website looks nice now and doesn't seem to have been in smyths etc. from what I can see and decent price for it. Will they end up getting it or as movie not out they won't until then? Also is 52 pound on the star wars 1st order tie fighter good on amazon? I'm 50/50 on it, if I was to order this want to do it today make sure have it before Xmas.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Anyone get lego marvel set 76162 black widow set? Just looking at it on lego website looks nice now and doesn't seem to have been in smyths etc. from what I can see and decent price for it. Will they end up getting it or as movie not out they won't until then? Also is 52 pound on the star wars 1st order tie fighter good on amazon? I'm 50/50 on it, if I was to order this want to do it today make sure have it before Xmas.

ye that black widow set didnt cross my radar before - seems like a D2C at the moment.

save that for Jan purchase and also get the nice vintage car :pac:
    40448-1.jpg?202012110629
    I actually will get that with the new chinese new year sets.

I also picked up Diner from Smyth yesterday, cba to get it via UK. finally i have it! it will go well with that vintage car actually ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ye that black widow set didnt cross my radar before - seems like a D2C at the moment.

That vintage car looks lovely. I've a few purchases to make in January so I'd be keen to combine them to get the car.

seraphimvc wrote: »

40448-1.jpg?202012110629
    I actually will get that with the new chinese new year sets.

I also picked up Diner from Smyth yesterday, cba to get it via UK. finally i have it! it will go well with that vintage car actually ha
    That's a nice free set wonder on purchases of what spend? I will get the black widow set will wait till after Xmas. Will brexit impact prices of sets now from lego website? Seeing as deliveries come through the UK. Wonder will prices go up in argos etc. As well as they usually have sets down good price like now.

That car is v nice. Makes me wonder if a city/creator vintage vehicle/building theme would do well. It'd certainly be more interesting than the standard city offerings.

i thought i posted a reply aha - the set is rumored to have threshold at 80, so thats quite nice (back to normal threshold...)

and i think as soon as we ordered via lego.ie then we are fine....i hope...but yes does that mean if the deliveries are coming from uk, lego need to pay the extra tax etc (if thats the case probably they will start routing deliveries from other EU werehouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That car is v nice. Makes me wonder if a city/creator vintage vehicle/building theme would do well. It'd certainly be more interesting than the standard city offerings.

The diner is that era and is retiring soon I understand, could be another one from that time coming. Drive in movie theatre? Soda fountain?

Ninjago Gamer's market -
    I made the set and took the pic last week - and then today i see it gets further reduction on amazon and got my 2nd set ha - this is a great accessories pack, 9 figs in it, you get so much sh*t from it and ya i wanted that kill bill fig ha
    3RJ9wJ6l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

My son was lucky enough to get 42112 Concrete Mixer Truck from his uncle - it's his first proper Technic set and it really is a great set.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

This is disappointing by LEGO

"We're temporarily unable to send any orders using Standard Delivery to the UK and Ireland as road freight isn’t being allowed into the country. Orders will be held until the freight routes reopen. Express delivery is still an option but will likely take longer than normal to be delivered."

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/page/shipping-handling?icmp=SW-SHB-Standard-NO_SWB_Delivery_Restrictions_HP-P-NO-Z2TXKJQJZU

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This is disappointing by LEGO

"We're temporarily unable to send any orders using Standard Delivery to the UK and Ireland as road freight isn’t being allowed into the country. Orders will be held until the freight routes reopen. Express delivery is still an option but will likely take longer than normal to be delivered."

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/page/shipping-handling?icmp=SW-SHB-Standard-NO_SWB_Delivery_Restrictions_HP-P-NO-Z2TXKJQJZU

Blame Ireland more than anyone for that. Relying on a land bridge through the UK for far too long. Can't expect Lego to completely change their delivery system overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Blame Ireland more than anyone for that. Relying on a land bridge through the UK for far too long. Can't expect Lego to completely change their delivery system overnight.

Its Lego's logistics partners (DPD now) that you can blame for using the landbridge; the country as an entity does not determine what individual package carriers do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Delighted with the beautiful Technic Ducati Panigale motorbike my OH got me as part of his Christmas presents to me. :cool::)

11417_1yfbuj9ewxihm57p.jpeg

This lovely set, combined with the Pirates Barracuda Bay Ideas set I treated myself to online in September means a nice bit of building activity will keep me busy from tomorrow through the first few days of the New Year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

My Christmas sets were:

Millennium Falcon UCS
    Technic Liebherr Excavator
    Ghostbusters Ecto 1
    Technic Heavylift Helicopter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Questions on if there is anywhere to dispose of or recycle old Lego sets?

My daughter has a number of Lego Friends sets (all mixed together now) that she doesn't want anymore. Still have manuals, but it'd be painful to try out them all together now to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Put them up for free on adverts...they’ll be gone in minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

daheff wrote: »

My daughter has a number of Lego Friends sets (all mixed together now) that she doesn't want anymore. Still have manuals, but it'd be painful to try out them all together now to sort out.

Or, you know, let me know and I could take them off your hands if you are around Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

daheff wrote: »

Jack & Jill take donations of old Lego which they then sort and sell to help fund their home care. It's handy as they've partnered with DPD so you can drop it to your local depot.

• Advertisement

When do lego have their next sale on their website?or is it basically what they have in their offers at moment is their sale stuff now? Do they have a January sale as such?

Advertisement