Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

brianomc wrote: »
    Just checked my account seeing as I didnt get an email, my status is backordered. So i guess I wont get it too soon either

Least you know you will tho in the end.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

RGARDINR wrote: »
    So lucky was doing the kids school work so only saw your message about 12 mins after you posted it and it's gone, fecking thing sold out so fast so annoying
    I saw the mail while I was out and only remembered now. Next time I'll buy as soon as I see the mail.

Draco wrote: »
    I saw the mail while I was out and only remembered now. Next time I'll buy as soon as I see the mail.

Pain alright. Will be the same with the medieval set I say I will get that just 2 things for free come 1st February, problem is if goes live an hr before hand on the 31st January probably be sold out before 12 and then won't be there for 1st February with the 2 free gifts if spend over 40 and 85 euro. Hopefully next time wil get the mandalorian set but bloody hell it was gone in less then 15 mins.

Mandalorian ship back on lego website I ordered it there, had 30 euro in points so 97.25 I think it was in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Quick question in regards the lego site, I saw someone a few months back put up the Batwing was on sale for VIPs say 30 mins before midnight before due to go live, just wondering say if the same happens with say the medieval blacksmith say 30 mins earlier before its due to be released on the 1st February would you technically get say the free 40 euro gift set that's in January offer on lego site plus the 2 offers that are coming up on the 1st February spend over 40 euro and 85 euro? More just wondering if people as haven't bought too much from lego site have gotten offers like this that have overlapped in the calendar monthly event as I think I will pick this set up and was just curious can this happen at all? Thanks

Unless you are determined on getting it I would avoid it.

The gf got it for me for Xmas and some of the pieces just don't fit well (I had to glue a piece in) and kept falling off. It is a an awkward build too.

Keep meaning to put up pics but was disappointed as it is just awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Happy International Lego Day all! :)

Lego-Day-600x390.png

PHG wrote: »

The gf got it for me for Xmas and some of the pieces just don't fit well (I had to glue a piece in) and kept falling off. It is a an awkward build too.

That's annoying I really liked the look of the medieval blacksmith. I will have to think on it now, that's a shame now. I like the look of the star wars resistance It's transport so that's another one down the line I will get i might have to stop buying cheap sets when on sale etc in argos etc. and just invest in sets I really like now. I might still bite the bullet tho on medieval set as I love the kingdom sets etc. since I had a few from when I was a kid in the 80s, always loved that theme and pirate theme over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Do you mean the batwing?
    I have it just waiting to build it, I was planning to mount it on my wall, it would be disappointing if bits fall off.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

I didn't notice any bits falling off the batwing myself, I would be curious as to what bits needed to be glued. I had issues fitting the canopy but that was because I put a piece in the wrong place. Once I fixed that it was perfect again

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I went through reviews on the Batwing and the only issues detailed there arose from mixing up pieces and preventing a fit later on. Happens to the best of us.

• Advertisement

New Porsche 911 Turbo/Targa announced for release this month. ~1500 pieces.

LEGO-Porsche-911-Turbo-AND-911-Targa-10295.jpg

LEGO-Porsche-911-Turbo-AND-911-Targa-10295-2.jpg

There is 2 large rectangular parts in the underbelly of the batwing that I had to glue. On lego UK there is a similar complaint from a another lad a few weeks back too.

I went to the trouble of rebuilding that part early on and still the same issue

Mandalorian ship is available again now. Weirdly late time for it to come back in stock

pcadhain wrote: »
    Mandalorian ship is available again now. Weirdly late time for it to come back in stock

Like that last night as bought it then, was sent out anyhow for me today so hopefully in few days have it. Only ordered it last night so seems weird time to release it. Now hopefully the flower bouquet comes in stock as well to pick it up for nxt mth

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Like that last night as bought it then, was sent out anyhow for me today so hopefully in few days have it. Only ordered it last night so seems weird time to release it. Now hopefully the flower bouquet comes in stock as well to pick it up for nxt mth

And my order from a few days ago is still showing as backordered. Strange, but it will get here eventually

brianomc wrote: »
    And my order from a few days ago is still showing as backordered. Strange, but it will get here eventually

Yeah that's weird now you would think your one would of been sent before mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

There is 2 large rectangular parts in the underbelly of the batwing that I had to glue. On lego UK there is a similar complaint from a another lad a few weeks back too.

Didn't have that problem with my set.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

They must be releasing in dribs and drabs - going to have a look tonight around midnight and see if there's any in stock as it's sold out again this morning.

Didn't have that problem with my set.

Fair enough must be a manufacturer issue cause seen other complaints about it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Please phone customer service about these issues - they have a very advanced CRM that alerts them to repeat problems - but only if they're reported!

• Advertisement

Just made the little lads star wars set there 75190, 1st Order Star Destroyer, really nice build, few bits caught me out but least lego just change it about and fix it. Could do with another rack in it to store weapons as 4 blasters and only 1 rack for 2 weapons. Ha he got this for Xmas 2019 about time I got around to it. Lucky he got the switch that year also.

Lego have launched personalised mosaics from the online store for the first time. It was previously only offered in store.

Not available in Europe yet but its $130 and around 6000 pieces. Submit your own photo (of a face) and they'll mosaic it. Can see it being an awesome gift!

Us link here for reference

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/personalised-mosaic-portrait-40179

Lego have launched personalised mosaics from the online store for the first time. It was previously only offered in store.

Not available in Europe yet but its $130 and around 6000 pieces. Submit your own photo (of a face) and they'll mosaic it. Can see it being an awesome gift!

That's a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Wonder can you ship it to the US AddressPal depot. I know some people (myself included) had issues shipping from US Lego site to AP before.

It's cool now, just wondering say if you have more then 1 person in the picture you send in does it work. Like say 3 kids or just the 1 person/kid in the pic?

It's cool now, just wondering say if you have more then 1 person in the picture you send in does it work. Like say 3 kids or just the 1 person/kid in the pic?

Just saw this in the mosaic preview:
    Screenshot-2021-01-30-at-21-19-31.png
    Sorry if the pic is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I have the mosaic set from a few years ago in London. What I would love is if for a much smaller price they would convert other photos for you to re-use the set. It's standard set contents 500 x 5 different colours. Would love to get a pic of each of my kids so they could rebuild with the set. Like I say, I wouldn't even mind paying if it was a reasonable price!

Wonder can you ship it to the US AddressPal depot. I know some people (myself included) had issues shipping from US Lego site to AP before.

Funnily enough I just built the set tonight (Bespin Duel) that I got through AP the last time so my experience is good but I know they're tricky. I'm sure it'll come to Europe soon though.

Just saw this in the mosaic preview:
    Screenshot-2021-01-30-at-21-19-31.png
    Sorry if the pic is huge.

Brilliant thanks, might be something for the kids as handy can get them all on one pic then. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Blacksmith is live! Seems I missed out on the promos but not too worried about that.

Advertisement