Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Blacksmith is live! Seems I missed out on the promos but not too worried about that.

Wow fair play there good sets holding off tíll after 12 to buy the medieval set it if still there to get the 2 free sets.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Wow fair play there good sets holding off tíll after 12 to buy the medieval set it if still there to get the 2 free sets.

The free sets are listed now. I'll pop lego a mail when I get my order number to see if they can sort it out.

The free sets are listed now. I'll pop lego a mail when I get my order number to see if they can sort it out.

I see them in it but when I add the medieval set to the bag they are not appearing in it. I don't want to be emailing them and there like well you ordered on the 31st January.

I see them in it but when I add the medieval set to the bag they are not appearing in it. I don't want to be emailing them and there like well you ordered on the 31st January.

That's fair enough but the Blacksmith isn't supposed to be released until the first so they can't really use that as an excuse. I'll chance my arm anyway, no harm in asking. Like I said not too worried if I miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That's fair enough but the Blacksmith isn't supposed to be released until the first so they can't really use that as an excuse. I'll chance my arm anyway, no harm in asking. Like I said not too worried if I miss out.

Just popped off an email there. Like yourself it wouldn’t bother me too much to miss those sets.

• Advertisement

Ahhh I understand but you spent loads so you might as well get the free items. Take a screen shot saying was up on Irish part of their site when you bought them before 12.

Mad year of the ox must already be gone as not appearing in my bag only valentines set.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mad year of the ox must already be gone as not appearing in my bag only valentines set.

I'd say it's more than likely an error with it not loading into people's carts. Contact customer service and enquire.

Just checked my order (over €85) and it lists the free valentine's flower and another free item, SKU: 6301722. I'd hazard a guess that's the free year of the ox set.

Just checked my order (over €85) and it lists the free valentine's flower and another free item, SKU: 6301722. I'd hazard a guess that's the free year of the ox set.

Thanks i see that in mine now as can get into it looks blank on that part in the order but has above code like your one. You reckon it will show up eventually or throw them an email in regards it?

• Advertisement

Thanks i see that in mine now as can get into it looks blank on that part in the order but has above code like your one. You reckon it will show up eventually or throw them an email in regards it?

Just got my confirmation email and it's listed there so I'd hold off until you get your confirmation email first.

Just got my confirmation email and it's listed there so I'd hold off until you get your confirmation email first.

Literally came in there now so yeah it's showing up there as well, thanks.

Just popped off an email there. Like yourself it wouldn’t bother me too much to miss those sets.

They weren't in my confirmation mail either. Rang them this morning and it's all sorted. They can't add them to the original order because it's already processed but I got a 2nd order number for just the promo sets.

They weren't in my confirmation mail either. Rang them this morning and it's all sorted. They can't add them to the original order because it's already processed but I got a 2nd order number for just the promo sets.

Ahhh glad you were sorted with that. Only right as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

My Year of the Ox thing didn't list in the order but was in the email, ordered around 2am. Blacksmith on the way :)

I didn't know that you could only order one VIP reward per order so I have a code for one of the prints, the 1958 System Brochure, going free if anyone wants it? I can PM it to whoever, don't want to post it here for an opportunist.

They expire after 60 days and I definitely won't be making an order by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Lego have launched personalised mosaics from the online store for the first time. It was previously only offered in store.

Not available in Europe yet but its $130 and around 6000 pieces. Submit your own photo (of a face) and they'll mosaic it. Can see it being an awesome gift!

Us link here for reference

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/personalised-mosaic-portrait-40179
    Anyone else had a play with this? Sadly it seems to only do greyscale images based on the couple of test pictures I tried (the album cover of David Bowie's Aladin Sane)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

https://www.brickfanatics.com/heres-how-to-get-a-free-replacement-roof-for-lego-batman-76139-1989-batmobile/

Came across this today for those with the older batmobile. Was painless to order the new roof

I also got stung ordering the blacksmith before midnight but a call to Lego today sorted the free bits

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

g0g wrote: »
    I have the mosaic set from a few years ago in London. What I would love is if for a much smaller price they would convert other photos for you to re-use the set. It's standard set contents 500 x 5 different colours. Would love to get a pic of each of my kids so they could rebuild with the set. Like I say, I wouldn't even mind paying if it was a reasonable price!

I've seen other sites online where you can upload a photo and it generates the design for you. The Lego site itself also claims to be able to get an online design for you if you already have the set:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/mosaic-maker

I see my order for the mandalorian's ship is in Purr Belgium last few days and now my order for the medieval blacksmith 3 days later has caught up with and is there now. Anyone recently bought from lego site how long did it take you to get your lego orders. I know brexit delaying same so I cant complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I see my order for the mandalorian's ship is in Purr Belgium last few days and now my order for the medieval blacksmith 3 days later has caught up with and is there now. Anyone recently bought from lego site how long did it take you to get your lego orders. I know brexit delaying same so I cant complain.

An extra 3/4 days easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

It must be fairly random, I had an order shipped on the 25th and out for delivery on the 29th. It didn't spend much time in Belgium at all.

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    25/1/2021 at 20:19

Parcel collected by DPD Driver
    Mechelen - Belgium
    25/1/2021 at 22:00

International Hub - In Transit
    Oirschot - Netherlands
    26/1/2021 at 16:04

Oirschot - Netherlands
    28/1/2021 at 3:12

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network
    Head Office
    28/1/2021 at 16:33

DPD IE UK Inbound
    Dpd Dublin South West
    29/1/2021 at 7:08

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery, between 11- 12
    Dpd Dublin South West
    29/1/2021 at 7:19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just finished putting the Lunar Landing set together, it looks really cool, think I am going to have to get the Saturn V piece to keep it company!!

This lego lark is really addictive, since I was gifted a set late last year I'm absolutely hooked! just have nowhere to display them all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Same here with deliveries. Stuck in Oirschot about 4 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Just finished putting the Lunar Landing set together, it looks really cool, think I am going to have to get the Saturn V piece to keep it company!!

This lego lark is really addictive, since I was gifted a set late last year I'm absolutely hooked! just have nowhere to display them all!!
    If ur after a used gimme a shout

brianomc wrote: »
    It must be fairly random, I had an order shipped on the 25th and out for delivery on the 29th. It didn't spend much time in Belgium at all.

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    25/1/2021 at 20:19

Parcel collected by DPD Driver
    Mechelen - Belgium
    25/1/2021 at 22:00

Oirschot - Netherlands
    26/1/2021 at 16:04

Oirschot - Netherlands
    28/1/2021 at 3:12

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network
    Head Office
    28/1/2021 at 16:33

DPD IE UK Inbound
    Dpd Dublin South West
    29/1/2021 at 7:08

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery, between 11- 12
    Dpd Dublin South West
    29/1/2021 at 7:19
    28th January 19:57 order information has been transmitted to DPD. DPD data Centre.

29 January 0:31 in transit. Puurs (Be) Belgium.

That's for the mandalorian set above. Medieval blacksmith set is in same position but all done on the 1st February.

I will have to order the roses set soon so was hoping that the flowers bouquet would of came in stock by now for valentines. I thought they would of had tons of this set made for early February.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Same here with deliveries. Stuck in Oirschot about 4 days now.

Pain but hopefully moves along soon for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Totally. I used to build lego as a kid, then grew out of it.
    During lockdown, started building some sets with my son, now hooked on it again.
    See snakess1980 on Instagram for my collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Totally. I used to build lego as a kid, then grew out of it. During lockdown, started building some sets with my son, now hooked on it again. See snakess1980 on Instagram for my collection.

Wow some really cool displays there!! Would yoy recommend the Saturn V? It looks huge

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Wow some really cool displays there!! Would yoy recommend the Saturn V? It looks huge

Definitely. It was the first set I got once I started collecting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Absolutely! It's an excellent build imo. It can balance upright too which means you can easily place it standing on a floor somewhere.

Advertisement