Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Lego 90th anniversary theme is going to be one of these 4 themes. Castle theme added as was getting so many votes. Shame as pirate, Castle and classic space, grew up with all 3. Would prefer pirate or castle all the same. Voting ends mid February so not sure when this theme/set will be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Finally bit the bullet on Assembly Square. Fearing it'll be quietly retired this year and I see it constantly lauded as the best Modular there has been. It finally came back in stock today on Lego so snapped it up. Secondary prices for it are insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its an interesting enough build, particularly if you've not done modulars/other Creator Expert stuff before.

Done it once for my own set, and once as one of five on a speed-build so I'm not sure I'd want to do it again!

Just wondering does anyone have the same problem when ordering from lego site in regards to getting their VIP points. 2 orders I received the points not put onto my account that I ordered over last 2 wks and another order sent today so I say they won't be put on. Ordered 2 sets last year and same deal I had to contact them in regards to getting them put on which they done within a few days. Any one else have this problem?

Finally bit the bullet on Assembly Square. Fearing it'll be quietly retired this year and I see it constantly lauded as the best Modular there has been. It finally came back in stock today on Lego so snapped it up. Secondary prices for it are insane.

Was back out of stock within about 12 hours. Phew.

I understand why sets are retired but they really just encourage scalping and they could really retain a low production volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys, ordered the Saturn V from the Lego website, have received two emails now that they're out of stock and will be delayed. The website now says you can back order with shipping by 19th feb. from experience would it be likely that this will be sent by this date?

thanks and sorry, new to ordering direct.

I understand why sets are retired but they really just encourage scalping and they could really retain a low production volume.
    Yeah I think they could just make more sets even low volume with sets that are retiring for people. Least you got the set in the end. Wouldn't mind on their website they have a link coming soon with their new sets. More like you have too scroll through the sets to see ones coming soon also on sets retiring soon shame they don't have it colour coded so say, retiring soon and set highlighted green so that means 3 mths before it goes then at 2 mths set turns to Amber then 1 mth left before retiring set turns to red so least you know when exactly a set will retire and you have a decision to buy it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

To be fair it went on sale four years ago. That’s more than enough time for anyone who wants it. I also don’t think it’s realistic to expect Lego to continue making sets ad infinitum, even on a limited basis. Warehousing is expensive and Lego are not going to get caught there, nor is it financially feasible to knock out just a few hundred sets here and there. Remember Lego constantly change up the colour and type of bricks in production.

To be fair it went on sale four years ago. That’s more than enough time for anyone who wants it. I also don’t think it’s realistic to expect Lego to continue making sets ad infinitum, even on a limited basis. Warehousing is expensive and Lego are not going to get caught there, nor is it financially feasible to knock out just a few hundred sets here and there. Remember Lego constantly change up the colour and type of bricks in production.

I certainly don't agree or expect that they should be pumping them out but their discontinuation approach is unnecessarily inflating the market. Sure look at the scumbaggery that happened with the Lego Osprey (appreciate that was a special case) with people hoarding them to flip a quick profit.

They could easily as others have said implement a colour or countdown system to warn of near retirement even if reproduction is entirely unattainable. Sets just falling off the map isn't ideal and whilst four years is a long time, some people might have it on their want list just not at the top but if they knew there was a limited production date, they could act.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone have the same problem when ordering from lego site in regards to getting their VIP points. 2 orders I received the points not put onto my account that I ordered over last 2 wks and another order sent today so I say they won't be put on. Ordered 2 sets last year and same deal I had to contact them in regards to getting them put on which they done within a few days. Any one else have this problem?

I had this issue. Contacted support via web chat and they fixed it for me. I had to create a new account and VIP points were transferred from old to new. The explanation was there was some mix up with account migration.

• Advertisement

kwazar wrote: »
    I had this issue. Contacted support via web chat and they fixed it for me. I had to create a new account and VIP points were transferred from old to new. The explanation was there was some mix up with account migration.

That's brilliant thanks for that. I will get that sorted so.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Draco wrote: »
    My order went straight to back order. I've waited this long so I don't really mind.
    Annoyingly they sent me a mail this morning saying it's further delayed and it'll be mid next month before it arrives. They must be struggling to keep up with demand for it.

Draco wrote: »
    Annoyingly they sent me a mail this morning saying it's further delayed and it'll be mid next month before it arrives. They must be struggling to keep up with demand for it.

Such a popular show and with shops etc. closed only place to get it. Plus with it not even in smyths for sale can't get it home delivery so only place for people even in Ireland to get it would be really from there. They could churn tons of that set out and would sell out for ages i say.

Lego order came today, really happy 4 boxes of the roses so handy now for Sunday. The black widow set 76162 is a lovely little set just made it there, really nice helicopter and colour of it and some good minifigures. Was a nice build now will have to place it on the lego shelf when I clean it up properly

Got an email at 2.17 about lego bouquet back in stock shame only saw the email about 10 mins ago already sold out. Some of the sets sell out so fast on their site you really have to be on the ball with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Finally pulled the trigger on 10220 Camper Van today. Seeing as it's now retired after 10 years of production.

This is the star wars magazine at moment. Got it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DocKS123

Any have any advice on building a mountain?

RGARDINR wrote: »
    This is the star wars magazine at moment. Got it there.

There does be some decent figs in those mags

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 DocKS123

How many is a load? 10 or 20 of each?

There does be some decent figs in those mags

For sure but the magazines are definitely selling faster at moment in shops seeing as kids can't buy toys at moment was only 2 of the star wars magazines left and I grabbed one of them and one ninjago legacy one that I grabbed and that was the last one.

DocKS123 wrote: »
    How many is a load? 10 or 20 of each?

Depends on how tall and wide you want the mountain to be I suppose. The only set I can see recently that has a mountain in it is https://brickset.com/sets/60124-1/Volcano-Exploration-Base and they built that mountain/volcano with eight of these; https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=23996

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

speaking of mountain, anyone seen the new monkey king fountain mountain set? awesome looking and so many monkey figs ha

https://brickset.com/sets/80024-1
    80024-1.jpg

seraphimvc wrote: »
    speaking of mountain, anyone seen the new monkey king fountain mountain set? awesome looking and so many monkey figs ha

https://brickset.com/sets/80024-1

That set is amazing. I've been cold on most of the Monkie Kid stuff but that layout is great. It is everything that a playset should be.

If my kid were older, I'd be putting money away for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Police station back in stock, just ordered one.

Great value at €177 IMO.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

New Porsche 911 available now for VIPs https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/porsche-911-10295 with free Porsche Welcome Pack https://brickset.com/sets/5006655-1/Porsche-Welcome-Pack

5006655-1.jpg?202102150651

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Porsche GWP isn't showing at checkout, it's possible that it's sold out already... Will confirm once my order shows in the order tab.

Porsche GWP isn't showing at checkout, it's possible that it's sold out already... Will confirm once my order shows in the order tab.

It sold out just before 11:30pm according to people on Brickset. An absolute wall of moaning going on there about not getting the free thing.

Brickset do wonderful articles but I'm getting tired of the comment sections. It's mostly 'why is Europe being treated badly?', 'why is the US being treated badly?', 'I hate this set therefore it is bad' and 'I didn't get the free thing'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I have no problem with GWP selling out just prevent it showing during checkout then, instead of leaving people thinking they are getting it only to find the email comes without it.

Advertisement