Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

madalig12 wrote: »
    I have no problem with GWP selling out just prevent it showing during checkout then, instead of leaving people thinking they are getting it only to find the email comes without it.

Yup, I had a friend order at 23:15 and the GWP was in his checkout but nothing in his confirmation email. LEGO offered him €25 in points or a €15 speed champions set.

I see the GWP is going to €120+ on eBay now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

guys check your lego VIP email, apparently some promotion is going on for the new VIDIYO, click on the link in your email and submit etc,

Time-limited offer!
    Celebrate the launch of LEGO VIDIYO™ with a FREE welcome pack when you register for the VIDIYO backstage pass.

i also just saw brickset review on the VIDIYO. I am sorry to say that (like those in the comment section lol), what is that ridiculous price tag lol 20euro per box
    https://brickset.com/article/57911/review-43102-candy-mermaid-beatbox-and-43103-punk-pirate-beatbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yup, I had a friend order at 23:15 and the GWP was in his checkout but nothing in his confirmation email. LEGO offered him €25 in points or a €15 speed champions set.

I managed to ring em. Same craic with me. Offered my anything for 25 euro or the points equilivant. They said they had 8000 of the gift and all gone in 15 minutes. Mad Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Well productive day. Some lego sets made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

What do ye do with all your Lego?

Display? Play? Sell or dismantle?

• Advertisement

What do ye do with all your Lego?

Display? Play? Sell or dismantle?

Most of mine are in the eves of the house in boxes tho I had to open up a fair few sets and place them in big container boxes in the eves also as had to make room in them, had to get rid of the lego boxes then but no intention of selling em. Have a few sets in the shed in boxes and have a decent amount in the parents attic. Have a small corner in the house for some sets I have to sort it out better as some sets on top etc have to sort out and put away to put better ones up on it. Space is the massive problem I hardly have any in the house. Sold a few more duplicates I had. Saying that sold a few on adverts they done well as they sold em on for more. No intention of selling any more sets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I often wonder how much Lego is supporting the tiles in attics and propping up beds.

I’ve some old Lego from early 80s in good condition but agree it’s hard to part with.

I often wonder how much Lego is supporting the tiles in attics and propping up beds.

I’ve some old Lego from early 80s in good condition but agree it’s hard to part with.

The attic is a bedroom so only eves to use and I had carpet and wooden planks in there supporting it all. Had to get chaps out a few years back to do the eves laying down wooden floor in them, ha didn't want the lego falling through. Gave a lot more space but no more in them. I say about 70% of eves has lego in it. I could pack more in probably will from the sets in shed but I still do be weary I don't want it too packed up incase wood that was layed goes through over the weight. Yeah I wish I held onto my lego seta from the 80s, hit teenage years in the 90s so mam asked will I get rid of your lego to next door so even tho I didn't want to as such I thought imagine if people realised you kept your toys you would be laughed at. Ha I wish I kept them now. Saying that my parents have all the minifigures from the sets still in their house just not the sets themselves, mostly was Castle and pirates theme I gave away. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Anyone know the release dates of the Lego magazines? I know there is a City, Star Wars, and Marvel one?

Colham wrote: »
    Anyone know the release dates of the Lego magazines? I know there is a City, Star Wars, and Marvel one?

I usually go into this site and type in lego and comes up release date of current and next 1 plus what will be in the next magazine.

• Advertisement

Another set made there, its a nice build. Apparently Gina Carano was meant to be in a new lego star wars mandalorian set coming out in the summer, moff Gideon's light cruiser and maybe getting withdrawn from it so this might be the only set she is in. So might be worth picking up for some people.

Sorry pic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Another set made there, its a nice build. Apparently Gina Carano was meant to be in a new lego star wars mandalorian set coming out in the summer, moff Gideon's light cruiser and maybe getting withdrawn from it so this might be the only set she is in. So might be worth picking up for some people.

I'd say they'll keep it. She may be gone but the character is still in the universe and particularly in Lego form it's easier to pass over :)

I'd say they'll keep it. She may be gone but the character is still in the universe and particularly in Lego form it's easier to pass over :)

Possible alright, sure will know in a few mths one way or the other, but if if not might be a set to buy to have the minifigure of her

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Did you have an issue attaching the double cannons on the side?
    Apparently the technic piece was changed at some point, and some sets have the newer piece which doesn't allow the cannon barrels to attach properly.
    Had this issue with mine, googled it, and it seems to be common.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The price of the Cara Dune minifigure on Bricklink has shot up, I'm tempted to sell the second one I have but I'm finding selling on Adverts to be an arseache at the moment.

Same price increase happened to Amber Heard's minifigure in the Aquaman Lego set when the Johnny Depp court cases were going on.

Did you have an issue attaching the double cannons on the side?
    Apparently the technic piece was changed at some point, and some sets have the newer piece which doesn't allow the cannon barrels to attach properly.
    Had this issue with mine, googled it, and it seems to be common.

I must of been lucky so I had no issues attaching them onto the side. I must of had the older piece so.

Rhyme wrote: »
    The price of the Cara Dune minifigure on Bricklink has shot up, I'm tempted to sell the second one I have but I'm finding selling on Adverts to be an arseache at the moment.

Same price increase happened to Amber Heard's minifigure in the Aquaman Lego set when the Johnny Depp court cases were going on.
    Yeah I say its a pain on adverts at moment to be fair, I say with the 5km thing it's stopping some people from using it properly. I actually never do be on bricklink so I wouldn't see prices etc. I use Donedeal and adverts really. Not sure if I have Amber in the minifigure, set looks familiar she was in but maybe was 1 I liked and never got.

Yeah I say its a pain on adverts at moment to be fair, I say with the 5km thing it's stopping some people from using it properly. I actually never do be on bricklink so I wouldn't see prices etc. I use Donedeal and adverts really. Not sure if I have Amber in the minifigure, set looks familiar she was in but maybe was 1 I liked and never got.

As soon as the court case ended, the price dropped and I picked up the minifigure. I collect red-haired minifigures for my wife (who is a proud ginge) and that one was a thorn in my side for a while. The current thorn is the Black Widow from the Comic Con set but I'm not spending 50e on one minifigure.

As soon as the court case ended, the price dropped and I picked up the minifigure. I collect red-haired minifigures for my wife (who is a proud ginge) and that one was a thorn in my side for a while. The current thorn is the Black Widow from the Comic Con set but I'm not spending 50e on one minifigure.

Ahhh nice thing to do there. But yeah not a hope would spend 50 euro on a minifigure that's a decent size set you can buy for that price.

• Advertisement

Not sure if anyone has the lego overwatch sets, just made these 2 there but the minifigures are really nice in the sets, really nice printing etc. on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Not sure if anyone has the lego overwatch sets, just made these 2 there but the minifigures are really nice in the sets, really nice printing etc. on them.

i got the biker guy statue set, somewhere in my storeroom, it was on a good discount and it looks nice even if i use it as a gift to someone who plays the game in future :pac:

when will they do Warcraft set pleaseee

seraphimvc wrote: »

There are already Warcraft sets by Mega Bloks (also Halo) so unlikely Lego will pursue the license :/

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i got the biker guy statue set, somewhere in my storeroom, it was on a good discount and it looks nice even if i use it as a gift to someone who plays the game in future :pac:

Yeah I have that to make as well might be nice one for my desk when back in the office whenever that happens.
    Just took sets out of the shed there. Can't uploads pics as bigger then 4mb.
    Sets are 75288 AT-AT, 60216 LEGO CITY FIRE SET, 70670 MONASTERY OF SPINJITZU I think I have that twice bought by accident again on adverts. 60198 lego rail. 76160 mobile bat base, 21151 Minecraft, 71708 ninjago, 70678 Castle of the forsaken emperor, 31104 creator and 60258 city hot rod garage set.

There are already Warcraft sets by Mega Bloks (also Halo) so unlikely Lego will pursue the license :/

Have some of the halo figures there cool looking now

What we're your best lego bargains and ones you missed out on?
    My best 2 bargains were the lego galaxy squad in Tesco clearwater pic attached scanned in at 37 cents and 2 sets of the lego chima in same store scanned in at 16 cents. Pics attached.
    Ones I feel missed out on were the lego AT-AT in debenhams Henry St 50% off down to 60 but saving for a house so couldn't afford to buy even one, was about 4 of them there i would of bought them all for that price, I got the mós eisley cantina for 35 instead as half price there as well.
    In smyths they had the lego star wars turbo tank 1 left down to 50 in jervis store same deal couldn't afford it as saving for a house at time. Typical as 2 pure class sets and wish I could of gotten both. What was your best lego
    bargain and ones you missed out on for whatever reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hey Guys, was looking to order a stand for the Saturn V from WickedBrick for 20 eur however they then wanted 26 gbp for shipping on top. Anyone know of any decent alternatives?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hey Guys, was looking to order a stand for the Saturn V from WickedBrick for 20 eur however they then wanted 26 gbp for shipping on top. Anyone know of any decent alternatives?

Maybe Bricklink one like this?

4640842-21309_stand_Gd_Gl_W_v1.3_comp-Lx3vKb9TmZvwsQ-thumbnail-full.jpg

Or try this?

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/689204737/acrylic-display-stand-for-lego-apollo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Spocker wrote:
    Or try this?

Spocker wrote:
    Or try this?

Like that one. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

€75 on Adverts: https://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-5006655-porsche-welcome-pack/22970144

Advertisement