Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    For sure but the magazines are definitely selling faster at moment in shops seeing as kids can't buy toys at moment was only 2 of the star wars magazines left and I grabbed one of them and one ninjago legacy one that I grabbed and that was the last one.
    I usually go into this site and type in lego and comes up release date of current and next 1 plus what will be in the next magazine.

I got the venom fig from the marvel magazine, nice one because i dont think I have venom aha. I am going to hunt down the boba fig magazine now i hope i am not too late :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I got the venom fig from the marvel magazine, nice one because i dont think I have venom aha. I am going to hunt down the bebo fig magazine now i hope i am not too late :pac:

Yeah it's a great way to get him in the minifigure as like you I'm not 100% sure if I had him or not so for 5.50 great way to get venom. There was loads of the magazines when I got it 1st on release day then none 2 days later so they definitely are selling them faster then before. Hopefully you get the star wars figure now as I was lucky to have gotten that in the end.

I will have to invest in something from the site on the day for sure as always liked the history and mystery surrounding Amelia Earhart, I might invest in the space rocket assembly and transport set as its saying retiring soon on the day of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I had one of those sets but it disappeared and I could never find it again

sorry. not sorry :p

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a great way to get him in the minifigure as like you I'm not 100% sure if I had him or not so for 5.50 great way to get venom. There was loads of the magazines when I got it 1st on release day then none 2 days later so they definitely are selling them faster then before. Hopefully you get the star wars figure now as I was lucky to have gotten that in the end.

fecking even tried my luck at eason (and all those spars/grocery shops at city center), no luck for any lego magazine. is ok because i do have the mando fig from the battle pack anyway - i am waiting for the next variant of Slave I and there will be a boba fett fig:pac:

fecking even tried my luck at eason (and all those spars/grocery shops at city center), no luck for any lego magazine. is ok because i do have the mando fig from the battle pack anyway - i am waiting for the next variant of Slave I and there will be a boba fett fig:pac:

Yeah there definitely selling faster at moment, but like that the minifigure in the battle pack. Emperor is in the next 1 on paddy's day.

Missed the Spring lantern festival restock again. The 3 back in stock mails I've received since Jan have all come during the night.

Missed the Spring lantern festival restock again. The 3 back in stock mails I've received since Jan have all come during the night.

Picked it up about 10 mins ago, delighted. Will have to make some random purchases now when the Amelia Earhart set is released

Picked it up about 10 mins ago, delighted. Will have to make some random purchases now when the Amelia Earhart set is released

Same here as want to get that also, few star wars sets I want but I will hold off on them until May the 4th. I think I will get the rocket assembly and transport as retiring soon and one I have looked at to get before.

• Advertisement

Just ordered kylo ren's space shuttle there off smyths. Its down to 95 at moment. One of the sets I wanted so happy to get a few euro off of it.

Hmm the Amelia Earhart plane says available 06/03 and there's a link to shop now but the plane isn't added to the cart. Its still just the dots frame

Seems like the promo has updated at 11pm but the promo won't drop until 12

Hmm the Amelia Earhart plane says available 06/03 and there's a link to shop now but the plane isn't added to the cart. Its still just the dots frame

Seems like the promo has updated at 11pm but the promo won't drop until 12

Holding off until 12 myself don't want to have it messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

These promos are dropped at 12am on a particular date but typically they'd be available 30-60mins early. This was the case with the Porsche welcome kit which was sold out before 11:15pm.

I think Lego have made sure that this promo actually drops at midnight in each timezone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Best value interesting build to qualify? Was thinking modular Police Station but not all reviews fantastic. Crocodile Train?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

It's live now

brianomc wrote: »
    It's live now

Got it there, ordered space transport and assembly. Says retiring soon so would regret not getting same. 2 free sets as well, dots and amelia earhart so happy out.

These promos are dropped at 12am on a particular date but typically they'd be available 30-60mins early. This was the case with the Porsche welcome kit which was sold out before 11:15pm.

I think Lego have made sure that this promo actually drops at midnight in each timezone now.
    I know silly but if a country is 12 midnight before Ireland does it mean if they sell all say promo out before say 12 here that's it? Or would they have certain amount kept aside for each country for midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I know silly but if a country is 12 midnight before Ireland does it mean if they sell all say promo out before say 12 here that's it? Or would they have certain amount kept aside for each country for midnight?

You would hope that they'd have X number of stock set aside for each region if they're time zone locking the release. But who knows with Lego.

Ordered at 12:02 and just got my email confirmation with the promo included.

I was too tired to wait up longer but thankfully stock doesn't look like it's an issue. Ordered a few mins ago and picked up both promos. My 6yr old loves the dots sets so she'll be happy out.

• Advertisement

You would hope that they'd have X number of stock set aside for each region if they're time zone locking the release. But who knows with Lego.

Ordered at 12:02 and just got my email confirmation with the promo included.

Yeah you would wonder alright or do they just release them at 12 CET. So really 11 in Ireland.
    Just wondering on the off chance does anybody know when UCS lego star wars gunship is due about to be released, heard May time but also more later in the year around August or such.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ordered it around the same time as you, just arrived. Shipping really has picked up.

Ordered it around the same time as you, just arrived. Shipping really has picked up.

Mine arrived this morning as well. Wasn't expecting it until next week. Looks like they've sorted out their issues.

We're back to slow shipping. The order I placed on March 6th is still in the warehouse.

On a separate note, does anyone have the Creator pirate ship? Any thoughts on it? Thinking of picking it up to go with Barracuda bay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

We're back to slow shipping. The order I placed on March 6th is still in the warehouse.

On a separate note, does anyone have the Creator pirate ship? Any thoughts on it? Thinking of picking it up to go with Barracuda bay

Creator Pirate Ship is grand, I've seen it in person. It's a bit stubby though and far less elegant than the ship from Barracuda Bay. Also, brick-built sails move nicely but look horrible.

I mean, it is exactly what it says it is. It's right there on the box, Creator is 9+ and is built to be made into other things, it's fun looking and there is lots to do. Barracuda Bay is 16+ and is built to be one thing. My nieces (8 and 10) would prefer the Creator set but I'd prefer Barracuda Bay.

Yeah my order is still in the warehouse, not sure if its over the emila earhart offer and just tons bought from them that day. Have the creator set, i really enjoyed making it and have it on shelf. Nice build to it but would prefer normal sails but saying that they still look good. I would buy it for sure, be tempted to have another one for the island build would look nice beside barracuda Bay if you built that to have beside it.

purely by chance that passed by tesco earlier i picked up a new lego magazine (just came out yesterday it seems) with Jurassic park minifig, quite cute raptor, dr. wu and it comes with the ember mosquito.

purely by chance that passed by tesco earlier i picked up a new lego magazine (just came out yesterday it seems) with Jurassic park minifig, quite cute raptor, dr. wu and it comes with the ember mosquito.

Yeah lego City one came out as well yesterday, police motor bike but looks very blank as its more or less pure white with one 1 block on back. Star wars and batman magazines out next Wednesday

Yeah lego City one came out as well yesterday, police motor bike but looks very blank as its more or less pure white with one 1 block on back. Star wars and batman magazines out next Wednesday

I actually am excited to grab that palpatine :D last emperor fig i got is from some old set yearsss ago

• Advertisement

I actually am excited to grab that palpatine :D last emperor fig i got is from some old set yearsss ago

Yeah great way to get him now. Usually I don't get the star wars magazine as usually a little ship like from the advent calendar, so great last few issues been minifigures which is great. I will make sure to get out on Wednesday to get it as will sell out fast as the magazines are lately.

Advertisement