Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego very quietly extended the period to pick up the Earhart gift to Wednesday so if you pick something up between now and then over €100 you'll get both that Earhart gift and the Easter gift (Bunny House).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

You'd really have some love/hate moments with this Lego business all the same.

Have been doing the Technic Volvo EW160E the last few days. Looking back at my emails I had ordered it in Smyths in November 16, it had been sitting in the to-do pile for ages. Made a start at it over Christmas 2019, I got to a stage where I was now fixing a separately built part to the main body and there was no chance that the peg was going to fit in where the instructions said it would fit. Looking at it, flicking back a few pages, looking at it. Then realised that I had the main support arm from about 60 steps ago off by one peg. I had an "oh eff this" moment and put the three built parts back in the wardrobe, with the little part organiser boxes and instruction book all going away. Kept saying to myself I must have a look at that, break it apart and start again. Never got around to it or felt inclined to do so.

Anyway there last week I took it out again, looked at it and said I wonder.... popped two parts off and was able to move what I needed to move to the right place. No smashy smashy needed at all. Then yesterday I spent a good 50 minutes on one step. Trying to line up another separately built piece with six pegs, get them on and then suddenly not going any further. Hmmm that's odd, ok take it off have a look, nothing has come loose. Back on, not going fully on. Flick back a few pages, everything seems fine but that blue peg should be coming all the way through. Carefully trying it again without forcing it too much knowing full well that if this comes apart in my hands nevermind going back into the wardrobe, it is getting dropkicked against the wall. Anyway long story short after looking into the depths with a torch, going back and forth in the instruction book, even googling "step 272 lego 42053" full well thinking that I have done everything right and surely they can't have made a balls of this, it turns out I had used a long light grey peg instead of a long dark grey peg.

:) Happy to fix it

:mad: Because it took me an hour to tell the difference between light grey and dark grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Bought lego star was Tantive IV 75244 from Adverts over the weekend (fully built). Delighted with it as one of the sets I wanted to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Bought lego star was Tantive IV 75244 from Adverts over the weekend (fully built). Delighted with it as one of the sets I wanted to have.

It's a great set. I have the Light My Bricks LED kit installed in it now too.

Ahhh class you should throw a pic up and show what it looks like when there on. My lego delivery came there just now, amelia earhart, dots picture frame and lego space set 60229. Happy out, took its time coming but least here now.

• Advertisement

That clip of the lights set up in it that you have make it look pure class. Really makes it look even better then it already is.

Ordered a sealed 80104 from Russia last month. It arrived today, box in bits and covered in opened by customs tape :(

Ordered a sealed 80104 from Russia last month. It arrived today, box in bits and covered in opened by customs tape :(

Was it customs that opened it? Such a shame I looked up a pic of the set, really nice looking set as well.

Was it customs that opened it? Such a shame I looked up a pic of the set, really nice looking set as well.

Yeah looks like it. The outer packaging had customs tape on it then the actual set inside had cling film wrapped around the box with more customs tape on it. It's not a big deal because I'll eventually open and build it but I'm a bit OCD about keeping the boxes in good condition in case I sell later

Yeah looks like it. The outer packaging had customs tape on it then the actual set inside had cling film wrapped around the box with more customs tape on it. It's not a big deal because I'll eventually open and build it but I'm a bit OCD about keeping the boxes in good condition in case I sell later

That's a pain now. I wonder was it because it came from Russia that they checked it. Ahhh I understand that you want to keep the box prestine tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Be a good way to sneak something through customs to be fair. Easily unsealed and re-sealed commercial product.

I can't recall all the details but there was a similar case a good few years back where someone had shipped a kids bike with every hollow space in the bike packed with drugs and passports. Only caught as the bikes box had the expected weight and the customs person stuck it on the scales and it was 2KG heavier than it should have been.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Be a good way to sneak something through customs to be fair. Easily unsealed and re-sealed commercial product.

I can't recall all the details but there was a similar case a good few years back where someone had shipped a kids bike with every hollow space in the bike packed with drugs and passports. Only caught as the bikes box had the expected weight and the customs person stuck it on the scales and it was 2KG heavier than it should have been.
    Yeah be an interesting conversation to lego support. I seem to be missing bag 3 but there is a bag of coke there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Do they not have an x-ray machine in the customs depot? ABS doesn't show up on the x-ray so you'd think it'd be easy to ideonty a non-lego element in the box.

Ordered just there from lego site star wars I-TS transport 75293. As was 99.99 I wanted the Amelia Earhart set so I saw they have a Minecraft polybag set for 3.99 the skeleton defense. Really good for 3.99 as 2 minifigures with it. More if people stuck with trying to get over 100 in future. Weird as on UK site Amelia Earhart is not in promos anymore and a different Easter free set and amelia earhart in Irish location but not the other free Easter set. 100% prefer the Amelia Earhart by miles. Wanted a 2nd one so can build it and display it and keep other amelia earhart set away when I get it.

New star wars and lego batman magazine out today. You get Robin and emperor palatine in them. Got both in Ashbourne earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

:pac: ye i got the robin one (never have the official robin fig so it is a nice surprise), but bloody sw magazine doesnt show up in this tesco lol. Tomorrow gonna try the usual tesco that i usually got them aha

Good shout on the magazines. I picked up the Star wars one earlier. The Palpatine minifig is cool

seraphimvc wrote: »
    :pac: ye i got the robin one (never have the official robin fig so it is a nice surprise), but bloody sw magazine doesnt show up in this tesco lol. Tomorrow gonna try the usual tesco that i usually got them aha

Yeah got the batman one in Tesco thankfully other shop had star wars one. Next mth I won't get the star wars one as small space ship, don't like those ones but least batman one is a new bat girl and she looks good. Hopefully you get the star wars soon.

Good shout on the magazines. I picked up the Star wars one earlier. The Palpatine minifig is cool

Yeah he's a cool minifigure and handy waty to get him.

You'd really have some love/hate moments with this Lego business all the same.

Have been doing the Technic Volvo EW160E the last few days. Looking back at my emails I had ordered it in Smyths in November 16, it had been sitting in the to-do pile for ages. Made a start at it over Christmas 2019, I got to a stage where I was now fixing a separately built part to the main body and there was no chance that the peg was going to fit in where the instructions said it would fit. Looking at it, flicking back a few pages, looking at it. Then realised that I had the main support arm from about 60 steps ago off by one peg. I had an "oh eff this" moment and put the three built parts back in the wardrobe, with the little part organiser boxes and instruction book all going away. Kept saying to myself I must have a look at that, break it apart and start again. Never got around to it or felt inclined to do so.

Anyway there last week I took it out again, looked at it and said I wonder.... popped two parts off and was able to move what I needed to move to the right place. No smashy smashy needed at all. Then yesterday I spent a good 50 minutes on one step. Trying to line up another separately built piece with six pegs, get them on and then suddenly not going any further. Hmmm that's odd, ok take it off have a look, nothing has come loose. Back on, not going fully on. Flick back a few pages, everything seems fine but that blue peg should be coming all the way through. Carefully trying it again without forcing it too much knowing full well that if this comes apart in my hands nevermind going back into the wardrobe, it is getting dropkicked against the wall. Anyway long story short after looking into the depths with a torch, going back and forth in the instruction book, even googling "step 272 lego 42053" full well thinking that I have done everything right and surely they can't have made a balls of this, it turns out I had used a long light grey peg instead of a long dark grey peg.

:) Happy to fix it

:mad: Because it took me an hour to tell the difference between light grey and dark grey.

Ye definitely lego is 'not for colour blind people' thats the joke me and brother keep saying every time we build big sets.

Built the 42122 Jeep Wrangler over the weekend, it looks good but i think if you look at the actual jeep (or i guess if you are a jeep enthusiast lol), it does look like Lego could have done better for this set lol.

Missus is building the 42110 Landrover Defender - this one looks so good so we are looking forward to its completion. (Is ok deal on amazon now £110ish can look it up if you like technic/landrover.)

j4rwMsYl.jpg

and the rando bike moc by me plus the 3 minions made by my sis aha
    ULhMrCBl.jpg

• Advertisement

actually, for Minions fan lol. yes, I got 2 sets for them during sales, they look nice and playability is decent (the minifigs have control rooms in them big minions), definitely good spare parts pack - is funny how the movie hasnt come out yet

hBp3J2Rl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Irish-Flag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Lego St Patricks Day Parade:

https://youtu.be/m23ux0BSf_o

Just watched a video there apparently the mandalorian razorcrest set will be retiring near the end of the year. Just incase it's a set you need to get.

Just watched a video there apparently the mandalorian razorcrest set will be retiring near the end of the year. Just incase it's a set you need to get.

That'd be about right wouldn't it? 18 months is a pretty standard shelf life.

That'd be about right wouldn't it? 18 months is a pretty standard shelf life.

True. But with it being sold out nearly every time on lego store you would think they would keep it longer. Seems to be one of their bigger sellers for 2020.

True. But with it being sold out nearly every time on lego store you would think they would keep it longer. Seems to be one of their bigger sellers for 2020.

Yeah but if it's a part issue that's keeping stock low it also makes sense to retire it. I wonder how much the trouble on Tattooine set has helped alleviate demand for the Razor Crest.

Yeah but if it's a part issue that's keeping stock low it also makes sense to retire it. I wonder how much the trouble on Tattooine set has helped alleviate demand for the Razor Crest.

Yeah it's possible now as a way to get the minifigure. Still selling like a hot cake the razorcrest is. Wouldn't like to be trying to get that now with people hearing it possibly retiring end of the year. Looking at the sets coming out there are really some good ones. Definitely some deep pockets needed over the next few months. USC gunship will probably only have 2 minifigures apparently, going to keep money away for that when released later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

I can still buy it off the shelf at my local Lego store for €170.
    If you really want it, I can ship it for you.

• Advertisement

I can still buy it off the shelf at my local Lego store for €170.
    If you really want it, I can ship it for you.

Thanks i was lucky to get the razorcrest a few wks back.

Advertisement