Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Spocker wrote: »

That's a day 1 purchase. Lego have provided me with a little outer space display :)

If I were going for completeness, I'd need the the CUUSOO Hayabusa set and the Mars Rover but my pockets only go down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

More helmets on the way too.

Have to say I love the Darth Vader one.

LEGO-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-75304.jpg

b84f2813-4f67-4c09-80a8-494b8dce50d7.45b1559cf2c185036d6f5a30a6b87b51.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

ab6ad2d3-eab4-44a0-a550-86f3f43d18d6.fd9b310c8d67a276b59ca75cbd6efc24.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

The Shuttle looks excellent. Not a big fan of the helmets but the probe droid looks v good.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Rhyme wrote: »
    That's a day 1 purchase. Lego have provided me with a little outer space display :)

If I were going for completeness, I'd need the the CUUSOO Hayabusa set and the Mars Rover but my pockets only go down so far.

Pre ordered it at my local Lego store for collection on the 1st.

• Advertisement

The Shuttle looks excellent. Not a big fan of the helmets but the probe droid looks v good.

I just recently built the 3 original helmets. Not exactly great fun builds, but they defo look good when completed.
    I'll get these 2 to go with them.
    The droid looks excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I just recently built the 3 original helmets. Not exactly great fun builds, but they defo look good when completed.
    I'll get these 2 to go with them.
    The droid looks excellent.

will you post some pics :D

I have always wondered how they look irl side by side together. I have a mixed feeling on these helmet/bust sets, they just look a bit awkward and should have been more polished (those studs :S)

seraphimvc wrote: »
    will you post some pics :D

I have always wondered how they look irl side by side together. I have a mixed feeling on these helmet/bust sets, they just look a bit awkward and should have been more polished (those studs :S)

Here's the 3 together.

Here's the 3 together.

nice! i think they look good from a distance, but ya personally those studs are too obvious, is like some work in progress model. wouldn't be surprised me if they released more polished version down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Bought the x-wing 9493 and lego pirate creator set there on adverts for 110. Already have the lego pirate creator set built as the ship so going to make the pirate treasure Island out of the 2nd set. Hopefully looks good side by side.

• Advertisement

i just realized that yesterday, since Argos dont seem like carrying much lego nowadays in Ireland....where do i get my seasonal discounted sets (particularly the CMF) now...... :'(

i just realized that yesterday, since Argos dont seem like carrying much lego nowadays in Ireland....where do i get my seasonal discounted sets (particularly the CMF) now...... :'(

I'm hoping when shops open for click and collect even they might drop a good few in price especially when the newer sets are released. But saying that God knows when that will happen.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I'm hoping when shops open for click and collect even they might drop a good few in price especially when the newer sets are released. But saying that God knows when that will happen.

ye i wonder how shops like Toymaster doing with all the stock sitting in their stores. Smyth is doing good job to get the home delivery service up and running better this year it seems.

ye i wonder how shops like Toymaster doing with all the stock sitting in their stores. Smyth is doing good job to get the home delivery service up and running better this year it seems.

Yeah same with art and hobby. I know at least they have home delivery but still I say there might be some older sets in art and hobby and Toymaster when eventually they open that either they might sell cheaper or just keep in stock and sell normal price. They would want to get the new sets in then so possible. But Toymaster don't really drop their prices. Sure be into the summer when it looks like we will be even able to go into shops like normal. Smyths doing a good job, wonder when shops open in store they might have some older sets they reduce down.

Toymaster have now joined the 20th century and have online shipping :) same price as in the store though so a little bit above almost every other store.

Toymaster have now joined the 20th century and have online shipping :) same price as in the store though so a little bit above almost every other store.

On their site, it's really bad. Can you even search lego as trying there and only thing popping up is the new lego vidiyo sets that's it

Got the call from my local Lego shop that my preorder of the new Space Shuttle Discovery is in and I can collect it tomorrow.

On their site, it's really bad. Can you even search lego as trying there and only thing popping up is the new lego vidiyo sets that's it

It's like the Art and Hobby shop used to be. You go by their system in the top menu; Toys > Lego & Bricks and then hope that everything has been catalogued properly.

I'd like to hope that they'd hire a marketing group to get them back competitive. They are what toy shops used to be in my childhood, Pound Shops, and I would really hate to see that go. Competitive pricing, solid marketing, sales, deals, competitions etc. It all goes a long way.

It's like the Art and Hobby shop used to be. You go by their system in the top menu; Toys > Lego & Bricks and then hope that everything has been catalogued properly.

I'd like to hope that they'd hire a marketing group to get them back competitive. They are what toy shops used to be in my childhood, Pound Shops, and I would really hate to see that go. Competitive pricing, solid marketing, sales, deals, competitions etc. It all goes a long way.

It's good now thanks as when brings up the map you can see other toy shops around Ireland other then Toymaster, some have websites of their own as well. Even ones up north. I see one has snokes throne room 65 pounds but free shipping. V tempted now. I might have to get it.

It's good now thanks as when brings up the map you can see other toy shops around Ireland other then Toymaster, some have websites of their own as well. Even ones up north. I see one has snokes throne room 65 pounds but free shipping. V tempted now. I might have to get it.

Is the link to other independent stores on the Toymaster sight? Might be worth having a browse. I love going into independent stores when I'm visiting a town, I've had a couple of lucky finds over the years.

• Advertisement

Is the link to other independent stores on the Toymaster sight? Might be worth having a browse. I love going into independent stores when I'm visiting a town, I've had a couple of lucky finds over the years.

Sorry yeah you can view the map when I followed the steps in previous post on toymaster. Shows up loads of toy stores in Ireland and the UK and some have websites so can go in and some older lego sets on them. It's good now.

When I lived in Santry, the Toymaster in the Omni had loads of old Star Wars sets. 5+ years old at that stage so reasonably rare but it never crossed my mind to buy them, to me then it was just "huh, old stock". I think I mentioned it in passing on Boards and the next time I visited, they were gone.

When I lived in Santry, the Toymaster in the Omni had loads of old Star Wars sets. 5+ years old at that stage so reasonably rare but it never crossed my mind to buy them, to me then it was just "huh, old stock". I think I mentioned it in passing on Boards and the next time I visited, they were gone.

If I remember right, that particular Toymaster was pretty expensive and they mainly stocked smaller sets (it was a small store in fairness). The Art n Hobby shop there was v small too back in the day.

If I remember right, that particular Toymaster was pretty expensive and they mainly stocked smaller sets (it was a small store in fairness). The Art n Hobby shop there was v small too back in the day.

I was always curious about their pricing. Did they get a price from 'head office' and then either go with it or amend it or were they given complete free reign. Regardless, they were always 5-10% more expensive than Smyths (who are more-or-less identical to Lego themselves).

I was always curious about their pricing. Did they get a price from 'head office' and then either go with it or amend it or were they given complete free reign. Regardless, they were always 5-10% more expensive than Smyths (who are more-or-less identical to Lego themselves).

Yeah Toymaster don't really reduce their sets. They must have some cheap lease or own the building on Henry St seeing as Smyth's just 1 minute away from them. Another shop would be closed down if they had that competition so close to them. But would like to get in and check in their store and same with art and hobby as might be some older sets I might like to get. Debenhams was very good as got some sets for 50% off in there. Wonder who got all their stock in the end.

Finally, Duplo for AFOL! I have always wanted one, that Earth with Globe is day one purchase for me
    https://brickset.com/article/58636/introducing-18-duplo-design

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Toymaster is a franchise system. The big one in Dublin is the last of a small chain of Banba branches.

I only know for a fact that UK Toymaster has this buy 5 CMF fig to get 1 free coupon thingy that they dont do it here in Ireland (Ireland one actually had it until a couple of years ago). Honestly have no idea how they cope with covid having their door shut near 1 year.

I only know for a fact that UK Toymaster has this buy 5 CMF fig to get 1 free coupon thingy that they dont do it here in Ireland (Ireland one actually had it until a couple of years ago). Honestly have no idea how they cope with covid having their door shut near 1 year.

Art and hobby does that as well not sure if they still are but they did at some point in their stores.

• Advertisement

That was great, it made me buy there rather than Smyths. For a short time, some of the staff in Toymaster would have one box of CMF's mixed up and one sorted by figure so you could get the ones you wanted. Not sure when that stopped, I just hope nobody got in trouble.

Advertisement