Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Rhyme wrote: »
    That was great, it made me buy there rather than Smyths. For a short time, some of the staff in Toymaster would have one box of CMF's mixed up and one sorted by figure so you could get the ones you wanted. Not sure when that stopped, I just hope nobody got in trouble.

That's handy now. Nothing worse when was in tescos or something feeling the blind minifigure bags and parents going by me wondering whet the hell I was doing for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Picked up this morning. Looking forward to this build.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Picked up this morning. Looking forward to this build.

Ooh, gorgeous. Ordered mine the other day, hopefully posted soon and with me next week. Have sold a few sets recently so I've got the shelf space now :)

Rumour that there may be double VIP points from the 12th to 20th April on lego website. Might be worth holding off on sets until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Managed to snag the Ulysses probe promo on lego.com this morning after 22 minutes of the site crashing and throwing up weird errors!

• Advertisement

Managed to snag the Ulysses probe promo on lego.com this morning after 22 minutes of the site crashing and throwing up weird errors!

What's this now?

So lucky was checking last night and didn't see it at all.

What's this now?

This was a promo you buy with VIP points, it was supposed to go live with the launch of the discovery shuttle but they delayed it to avoid another Porsche promo fiasco.

Ulysses probe went live at 9am this morning and was sold out by 9:30am.

I see people pre-selling them on Lego groups for £250 already!

This was a promo you buy with VIP points, it was supposed to go live with the launch of the discovery shuttle but they delayed it to avoid another Porsche promo fiasco.

You done well to get it. I checked at 11 last night and midnight and this morning before school run. Missed out there.

It was on the rewards page that it was going live at 9am this morning and they actually stuck to it. Of course, it meant the whole of Europe was trying to access the site at that time too!

• Advertisement

It was on the rewards page that it was going live at 9am this morning and they actually stuck to it. Of course, it meant the whole of Europe was trying to access the site at that time too!

Didn't see it mentioning the time. Annoying. But would of been pot luck if you got it or not. Nice someone on here will get it.

That's disappointing, googled it after your post. Pretty cool looking set. I normally just use my points off sets but would've tried to pick that one up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Hit refresh across three browsers from 8:59 onwards and wasn't lucky. Disappointed that Lego haven't improved their IT infrastructure, what happened this morning was a predictable fault.

Ah well, I'll probably just part it out later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

I picked up the space station on Monday when the double points started. Was a bit peed off when I saw the email about the Ulysses probe come in the day after, think for jaysus sake lads could you not organise both of them to start at the same time.

Am reassured to know that I wouldn't have gotten one either way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

brickset wrote a rank article on that lolol

I am not too keen myself on the set so i am not bothered ha

Just looking at some lego sets on adverts and just can't get my head around some that are for sale. Not too far off price in shops/online but selling without minifigures. Fair enough do it at half price but some sets only 10 to 20 off them and missing all the minifigures. I don't get it why would people think people would buy them at that price especially if sets still for sale online? Bit mad.

Just seen an image of the supposed May 4th promo. It's another microbuild. This time of Tattooine. Another May 4th promo I'll be skipping.

I think Lego Star wars is way behind other themes when it comes to promo sets. There's no comparison between a microbuild and the Harry Potter monster book of monsters for example.

Just seen an image of the supposed May 4th promo. It's another microbuild. This time of Tattooine. Another May 4th promo I'll be skipping.

I think Lego Star wars is way behind other themes when it comes to promo sets. There's no comparison between a microbuild and the Harry Potter monster book of monsters for example.
    Yeah saw it as well seems to be free if you spend 85 dollars so I presume 85 euro here. Shame not just even an exclusive minifigure. Your right about the promo sets been behind other themes. Lego probably realise there selling tons of the star wars sets so are like we don't have to do a really good promo set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Ye i saw that 4May leak as well, i actually like microbuild but then yes when there is not even a minifig (they do usually either give 1 unique minifig or a build traditionally), it is quite hard to justify for X amount of purchase for a microbuild with no unique pieces.

More so, i actually have the previous tatooine microbuild :pac: for that i needed to bricklink a few unique pieces (silver rods) and it was a SDCC exclusive iirc

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Ye i saw that 4May leak as well, i actually like microbuild but then yes when there is not even a minifig (they do usually either give 1 unique minifig or a build traditionally), it is quite hard to justify for X amount of purchase for a microbuild with no unique pieces.

More so, i actually have the previous tatooine microbuild :pac: for that i needed to bricklink a few unique pieces (silver rods) and it was a SDCC exclusive iirc
    Tons of random star wars characters that have never been in sets and probably never will. Be a good way of putting one out every year as a May the 4th exclusive.

• Advertisement

There's very strong rumours that a SW CMF line is coming so that will be a good way for Lego to introduce characters that have never been recreated before.

There's very strong rumours that a SW CMF line is coming so that will be a good way for Lego to introduce characters that have never been recreated before.

That would be class if it does now. Looking forward to getting some of the new sets coming out. As seems to be really good ones on the way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When dropping your 5 year old off at the parents to be minded for a few hours, and they have retrieved a couple of boxes of Lego from the roof which is older than you are... Don't then search on BrickLink for the prices of the trees, flags, street lights and signs as you'll give yourself a heart attack at the thought of how much cash the kid will have broken by the time you pick them up.

Also won't help when you remember that X years ago you broke even more of the parts that they now have in their hands, at least they were just worthless plastic when you broke them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

2021 Lego Harry Potter sets revealed officially.

I do like the Chess Set!

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1383057635713372166?s=19

2021 Lego Harry Potter sets revealed officially.

I do like the Chess Set!

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1383057635713372166?s=19

There's some lovely sets there. Little disappointed in the new Hogwarts sets though because I've been picking up the 2018 ones... Awh well guess I'll just have 2 different Hogwarts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone get the Challenger spaceship yet? Thoughts if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Anyone get the Challenger spaceship yet? Thoughts if so?

Do you mean Discovery? https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/nasa-space-shuttle-discovery-10283

I built it over the last few days, love it, it's much bigger than I expected. Managed to snag the Ulysses probe to go with it. Always found the recent space sets to be great value for display pieces.

Got these for 102.51 pounds there. Not bad offer of you top up 50 pound amazon credit they give you 6 pound extra on amazon if you haven't bought amazon gift card in last 3 years and then certain sets the ones I got spend over 100 pounds get 20 pounds off them. So got 26 pounds off them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

CSSE09 wrote:
    Do you mean Discovery?

Yes sorry I did.

Great defo gonna pick it up to go next to my Saturn V and Lunar Module.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

For those that missed out on the Ulysses in VIP debacle, here is a free list of parts for an alternate set https://www.stonewars.net/lego-news/ulysses-instructions/

Advertisement