Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Seems these are the offers for May 4th etc. In sterling but should be much and muchness I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Seems these are the offers for May 4th etc. In sterling but should be much and muchness I presume.

Thanks for this. I was hmmming and hawwwing over picking something up this evening for double points (either the Batmobile or Jurassic Park Gate) but am not massively sold on either.

Will hold out for that R2D2 now, easy decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Got my pre order in for R2D2, Imperial Droid, Scout Trooper, and Vader helmet already.

Thanks for this. I was hmmming and hawwwing over picking something up this evening for double points (either the Batmobile or Jurassic Park Gate) but am not massively sold on either.

Will hold out for that R2D2 now, easy decision.

Yeah was in same boat. Few star wars sets I want to pick up as a lot of them are retiring this year. Will pick up death star final duel if still there in stock over 4th May period. A lot of good sets coming out over next few months so want about 5 of the sets so I better grab em ASAP. R2D2 is cool now, good set to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ahye i was in my dark age when the previous R2 came out ha (the second market price is crazy), i will definitely get this new one.

Official 4May Tatooine set vignette picture is out! https://brickset.com/article/59019/this-year-s-mtf-gwp-revealed!

I actually forgot that there were 3 other vignette sets before, so it makes sense actually to see more ha. They look nice but not a 'must have' for me, i wouldn't mind that deathstar battle from last year
    https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Vignette/theme-Star-Wars?query=40333-40451

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

damnnnnnnnnn i want it :D my god thats a beauty

seraphimvc wrote: »
    damnnnnnnnnn i want it :D my god thats a beauty

Have to admit does look super nice now. Not sure for me tho as other sets I need to get 1st.

Have to admit does look super nice now. Not sure for me tho as other sets I need to get 1st.

the question is whether i want to get it on 1st May or otherwise then it would be sometime in 2022/2023 :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

R2 looks good, but I think I prefer the previous version I have.

The main body is nicely rounded on the new one, but that kind of jars against the head which is still similar in the blockyness. With the previous model the Legoness of the design carried across between the head and body.

Some bits just aren't quite Lego enough.

• Advertisement

the question is whether i want to get it on 1st May or otherwise then it would be sometime in 2022/2023 :pac:

If I was to get it won't be till a good bit down the line. Just with sets to still get and new sets coming out in the summer and the usc gunship there is a lot I want to get 1st

If I was to get it won't be till a good bit down the line. Just with sets to still get and new sets coming out in the summer and the usc gunship there is a lot I want to get 1st

aye looking at the promotional set mini Tatooine again and i think i am ok without it :pac: i will get R2 down the line then. i am actually trying to be good - only 1 or 2 big sets every year :o

aye looking at the promotional set mini Tatooine again and i think i am ok without it :pac: i will get R2 down the line then. i am actually trying to be good - only 1 or 2 big sets every year :o
    If the star wars duel on death star is still available i will order that as I have 30 euro in VIP points so will cost 69 then, get the free Tatooine set and with double VIP points another 10er worth. So would work out well. But yeah would prefer an exclusive figure then the free set. I'm trying to be better now with sets I get as was picking up random sets so just trying to buy ones I want now.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Tempted on R2D2 as gf is a huge Star Wars fan. She has made most of the other ones including the Death Star but left them to her ex.

What are the other big releases expected this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Interested in what people's favourite builds are out of the current models? Looking to make some more purchases and would appreciate some ideas/inspiration!

Here's what I've built over the last 12 months in my order of preference.

1. Technic Lamborghini Sian
    2. Apollo Saturn V
    3. Pirates of barracuda bay
    4. statue of liberty
    5. The white house
    6. New York skyline
    7. Crocodile locomotive

Just starting the land rover defender soon and also have the space shuttle Discovery on route but will need another fix after that.

PHG wrote: »
    Tempted on R2D2 as gf is a huge Star Wars fan. She has made most of the other ones including the Death Star but left them to her ex.

What are the other big releases expected this year?

UCS of ATAT and star wars gunship later on in the year be the biggest 2 star wars ones coming out this year in the star wars range. Going to pick up the gunship for sure. New Daily Bugle coming out as well meant to be big about 300 dollars and back to the future delorian coming out be like the ghost busters car out at moment. They would be some big sets coming out.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Interested in what people's favourite builds are out of the current models? Looking to make some more purchases and would appreciate some ideas/inspiration!

2. Apollo Saturn V
    4. statue of liberty
    5. The white house
    6. New York skyline
    7. Crocodile locomotive

Just starting the land rover defender soon and also have the space shuttle Discovery on route but will need another fix after that.
    If I could afford them and had the space which is as important I would go for UCS millennium falcon, UCS imperial star Destroyer, death star, ninjago city garden, I don't have any of the monkie kids sets but I think team secret HQ and the legendary flower fruit mountain really stand out. Also as you have some space themes there the rocket assembly transport stands out and it's retiring soon. I have that set now but haven't built that yet.

Possible this is rumoured what the bad batch lego set is

Possible this is rumoured what the bad batch lego set is

Seen that earlier. Good looking set if it's true

Seen that earlier. Good looking set if it's true

Yeah definitely picking it up now. I can't wait to see the figures proper proper as picture is a bit blurry. Think it's meant to be 100 dollars if true and it's around 100 euro price range I would be happy with it as I say they might be some of the best looking star wars minifigures out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

2. Apollo Saturn V
    4. statue of liberty
    5. The white house
    6. New York skyline
    7. Crocodile locomotive

I'm really enjoying the Police Station modular build.

2. Apollo Saturn V
    4. statue of liberty
    5. The white house
    6. New York skyline
    7. Crocodile locomotive

damn the lime lambo is nice huh. The only big set i made in the past 12 months is Barracuda and thats the best set ever :D I may make my chinese new year 2021 set or Diner set later this year.

the missus made the landrover defender the other weekend, she enjoyed it so much (i gave her some support too ha), the thing looks very impressive. For this year, i actually play with mario sets more aha. i will throw up some pics up later actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

damn the lime lambo is nice huh. The only big set i made in the past 12 months is Barracuda and thats the best set ever :D I may make my chinese new year 2021 set or Diner set later this year.

the missus made the landrover defender the other weekend. For this year, i actually play with mario sets more aha. i will throw up some pics up later actually.

Yeah the lambo was such a good build. Although the end result from a visual perspective versus something like the Apollo rocket, taking into account time spent, isn't as good bang for buck.

Think I'll go for the Bugatti Chiron next as it's due to retire later this year afaik. Funny thing is I've zero interest in cars. Also no interest in star wars unfortunately.

New lego creator set in June 100 dollars so I presume 100 euro.

New lego creator set in June 100 dollars so I presume 100 euro.

ahye saw that last night too! so this is aligned with the rumour that some castle set would come out after the medieval idea set, definitely looks good to me but the minifigs count is lacking, especially since we dont get that many figs from the medieval set hmmm

ahye saw that last night too! so this is aligned with the rumour that some castle set would come out after the medieval idea set, definitely looks good to me but the minifigs count is lacking, especially since we dont get that many figs from the medieval set hmmm

Yeah this is the one they were on about. I would of liked a other Knight on a horse or something but looking at the pirate creator set there is only 3 minifigures in that set as well plus skeleton and shark so works out same with castle creator set as that has skeleton and the dragon. I have the pirate creator set twice so I would buy 2 maybe 3 of the castle ones if price goes down eventually which I'm sure it will as pirate creator set went down from 100 to 80 at 1 point so I expect this to down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Thoughts on Haunted House at €195 delivered from Smyths? Saw on hukd earlier and tempted. Seems decent price for >3,200 pieces and the set looks great for a build. Anyone have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

g0g wrote: »
    Thoughts on Haunted House at €195 delivered from Smyths? Saw on hukd earlier and tempted. Seems decent price for >3,200 pieces and the set looks great for a build. Anyone have it?

Yip. Not the prettiest of buildings, interior isn't great and it's height (it's REALLY tall) makes it pain if you plan to integrate into a city layout. Also, the mechanism is fine when cranked by hand, but gets caught fairly easily if you motorise it (you'll have to purchase 2 x new motors and a new battery box). I'd rank it an easy last out of the past four Carnival sets. Despite all of that negativity, I still like it and I'd happily buy it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

g0g wrote: »

Personally I think you're better off spending more on the Monster Fighters Haunted House.

I bought a MISB one about 3 years ago on ebay for about €450 and it's probably my favorite set EVER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Personally I think you're better off spending more on the Monster Fighters Haunted House.

I bought a MISB one about 3 years ago on ebay for about €450 and it's probably my favorite set EVER.

I wouldn't spend much more than RRP on it. It's a cool set and I prefer it to the new set, but it's fairly basic in terms of design. I'm guessing it shouldn't be that expensive to brick link it with a few subs for the maybe the roof?

Advertisement