Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of self build

Options
  • 09-03-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I'm planning on starting a house build over the summer in Co. Down. The house is 2800ft inc garage and I'm going to put it out to a contractor to complete.

Has anyone done this recently and could give me an idea average of cost per sq ft?

Any help or advice appreciated.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Pocalette wrote: »
    Hi

I'm planning on starting a house build over the summer in Co. Down. The house is 2800ft inc garage and I'm going to put it out to a contractor to complete.

Has anyone done this recently and could give me an idea average of cost per sq ft?

Any help or advice appreciated.

P.
    Just to advise that that there are very few people posting here who would be familiar with prices in NI so dont be disappointed if you dont get many replies.

The main problem is that both labour and materiel costs are different in NI and then you have the VAT exemption on materials and Im not sure where building regs stand in relation to the provision of renewable energies etc. in the North.

Advertisement