Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time jobs for students ?

Options
  • 09-03-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello .
    Im a student of DCU that is looking for a part time job for the past 6 months. No luck in finding anything and i hardly get any possitive replies at all from the potential employers.
    Im not really sure what am I doing wrong. I try to check FAS as often as possible along with other websites that offer jobs.
    I had no real job before ( except for the w/exp in 2nd school and some exam assistance for 2 weeks ) and i think this is a major issue in my case.
    The question is , where would it be good place to search ? Any hints , tips , anything at all ? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

You're probably not doing anything wrong.

There's not too many casual jobs going for anyone anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Masteusz

Another question , would there be any websites that offer part time / student jobs only ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

In my 6 years of finding jobs to put myself through college I have never found one online. You either ask for the manager in every shop you find and put a CV into his hand or you asks everyone you know if they can sort you out with some work.

Are you living in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Masteusz

Well , im living in swords but studding in drumcondra area but i guess looking for job in Dublin would be better choice ( even though i looked in both places)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Masteusz wrote: »
    Another question , would there be any websites that offer part time / student jobs only ?

Hard to believe it but... http://www.parttimejobs.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement