Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foster care needed for 3 cats

• 09-03-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi my name is Renny, and due to unfortunate circumstances I am looking for some kind hearted people in the Waterford area to foster my 3 cats (Dove and Piper (F) and Willow(M)) for a period of 6 weeks. They are fully house trained and very affectionate, although they are house cats they are used to a big garden. I am willing to pay for their food and kitty litter. This is urgent so would really appreciate any response. Thank you, my number is <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have you tried contacting a cattery and asking if they have a rate for longer stays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RennyMullally

Thanks for your reply but there are no catterys in the waterford region that I know of. My other option was to go to city vets but I was told that I would have to sign them over and give them up. That is not what I want. I dont know what to do as none of my friends nor family are cat lovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You could google cat/animal rescues in the Waterford area and give them a call to see if any of their fosterers could help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

If you google it,there are loads of catteries in waterford,I was just looking at one & its €14 a night for 2 cats,that would work out very expensive for 6 weeks.
    could you pay a friend or neighbour to call to your house once a day to feed them & clean their litter box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

fathead82 wrote: »
    If you google it,there are loads of catteries in waterford,I was just looking at one & its €14 a night for 2 cats,that would work out very expensive for 6 weeks.
    could you pay a friend or neighbour to call to your house once a day to feed them & clean their litter box?

im pretty sure at this time of year these catteries are not full why not make contact and see what kind of deal you can get for your three cats

as someone whos in business myself the days are long gone when you can expect what you are asking for any service and most people are willing to negotiate

as its such a long term stay maybe they would do 3 for the price of 2 easy for me to say as its still a big outlay someone you could rely on to come to your house would be the ideal solution as already suggested hope you get sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't know what your circumstances are but if its possible to keep the cats in your house,since they are indoor/outdoor cats, it might be worth installing a cat flap and getting a pet sitter to come in each day.

Advertisement