Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible Mature student can take LC exam?

• 09-03-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello.

I'm international mature student come from Overseas.
    In this year i got an offer from some Univesities and ITs in Ireland, and i'm happy to accept one of it. But, my status is not following Irish Education system(So, i applied by international student status.) But, i hope to take a LC exam when i study in University.

I wonder could i take LC exam during study at Uni? If possible, i hope to take LC exam and check my real potential of study in Ireland.

Thank you very much :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

You more than likely could, but i'm not quite sure why you would want to? A college course is enough work, without having an intensive Leaving Cert course to cover as well, with no teacher or anything. A lot of subjects require projects and things that you would need to get signed off by a teacher as well, I'm not quite sure how that would work.

I just don't why you'd need to? The reason most people have for doing the Leaving Cert is getting into college, and since you're an international student and don't require it, it's pretty pointless.

Advertisement