Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler teeth not straight after fall

Options
  • 09-03-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

My son is 3 and a half and today one of his upper two front big teeth moved backwards after he fell and hit his mounth with the chassis of the bed. There was no blood and he was back in good mood very quickly.
    The teeth are not in line now and that's quite obvious. I even notice that he pronounce words with s and f differently.... The teeth is not loose at all though.

Has somebody experience something similar? What will happen next?
    I did some research on the Internet and found from people saying that the teeth will fall out to people saying that it will go back to its normal position by itself.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you need to bring him to the dentist to get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

yes, yes. I'll on Monday if I don't find one that is open tomorrow.
    I did call the nurse line from the HSE and they asked me a lot of questions about him and also advised to bring him to the dentist. As there's no head injury, it can wait until next week.
    I'm just worried about him and wanted if someone had had a similar experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

How did you get on? My 2 year old pushed one of his teeth back up to his upper jaw, we decided to leave well enough alone as its coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Better than I though. The doctor did an X-Ray and said that the teeth being pushed backwards will not affect his permanent teeth so we decided to leave it in. There is still a small chance that it might go pink or dark and fell out but he said it's not likely to happen.
    It might be a good idea to check your son's teeth with a doctor as well even if only for piece of mind. At the end, it would be your decision what to do with the teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

OP has got problem sorted. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement