Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 500D video pixelated problem

Options
  • 09-03-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Thanks 11811!, I think I got it right today :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

laylah wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering would anybody be able to help me out? I know this camera isn't the ideal choice for film purposes but it's all I have!

Basically I'm filming people (head shots) for an interview, today I have used AF mode(adjusted so it could focus) and while it looked fine on display it was seriously grainy and out of focus when I imported the footage on my mac... the lighting was great and there was very little movement from subject so no problems there, does anybody know where I might be going wrong? Should I only use MF?

The video quality seems to be really bad aswell even though it was shot on highest quality?

You'll always get better results using Manual focus and manual shooting mode I find, also did you use the correct shutter speed for video? Should be set to double your frame rate, so typically 50. Also if the your lens has an Image Stabilizer function, best to turn it off if your are using a tripod. If the footage is very grainy your ISO might have been far too high.

Also its best to use ISO that are multiples of 160 on canon DSLRs. This can help reduce the amount of grain on your footage.

Hope that might be some help to you

Advertisement