Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls - Academy May 11th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Not so much caught as he landed on me but yeah, he came pretty close to kissing the concrete.

He landed just in front of me and disappeared pretty quickly! I saw him standing in the crowd a few seconds later so I presumed he was OK, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Was at the gig in Belfast last night, storming night it was! At the end he announced he's been booked to play Derry in September. Didnt give a date or venue

Well now, isn't the Picnic on the 30th Aug - Sept 1st... hmmm <speculation>

I'm surprised no one tried to catch him though, even just to avoid the horror of dance floor pizza, was it 'cause he was so unexpected? He got a few dirty looks from the Sleeping Souls alright... :s

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

blastman wrote: »
    He landed just in front of me and disappeared pretty quickly! I saw him standing in the crowd a few seconds later so I presumed he was OK, though.

You can see the lad stage diving on my video i took from the balcony @ 2mins 12 secs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o4gatx0SSw&list=UUmzU-24L7NhNJOuVI-TIlOA&index=6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well now, isn't the Picnic on the 30th Aug - Sept 1st... hmmm <speculation>

I'm surprised no one tried to catch him though, even just to avoid the horror of dance floor pizza, was it 'cause he was so unexpected? He got a few dirty looks from the Sleeping Souls alright... :s

Yeah, he didn't hesitate at all, as soon as he hopped out of the balcony he was diving, plus he picked an area that was about 90% female so yeah, he looked more worried about being caught by security than the fact he just nosedived into nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

kennyu272 wrote: »
    You can see the lad stage diving on my video i took from the balcony @ 2mins 12 secs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o4gatx0SSw&list=UUmzU-24L7NhNJOuVI-TIlOA&index=6

Caught sight of myself in that clip.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Some great videos of the gig cheers!

At this stage im not sure if Frank will ever "breakthrough" here

Advertisement