Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From 10 to who knows??

Options
  • 10-03-2013 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Always enjoyed watching people do these kinda threads in the past and I've seen people last 2 days (I'll probably end up being one now! :p ) and others go over 2 months.... basically, I've done a bit of research into this and although at the end of the day, football is football and mad things can always happen, the majority of the time when people end up messing up one of these things is they have a few nice wins, make a nice little profit and begin to get greedy, wavering from the initial game plan...

My tactics will be as follows...

Begin with ten quid (I'll allocate 20 so if I go out on the first hurdle, I'll hop back on for another attempt, but that's the max I'm going on this)

Every bet will be on football, majority of major leagues... tending to avoid Italy :p

Bets will be singles for the most part, with the odd double thrown in. No trebles or more

Odds will be between 1.50 and 2.90 (single team, doubles will usually go larger combined)

Most will be just straight win, but may add in the odd corner bet or over/unders...

Idea...

First will be a tenner tomorrow on a double (start with a bang sure! :D ) Plan is to work my way up to 40... take 10 out (meaning I'm betting with the bookies money only provided this all works out) so with 30 in the kitty, I stake 20... win that, withdraw appropriately depending on payout and carry on from there with stakes on odds no greater than 2.20

May seem messy but I'm gonna give it a shot and if anyone wants to keep tabs on it, hopefully I don't make a tit of myself, haha. So without further ado...

Edit: I'll try keep as regular as I can in posts to make them easy enough to follow.

Bank = My account, what I have left to bet with at the end of the day ignoring wallet
    Wallet = Cash for impending bets. Idea will be to make profit here, withdraw to bank etc...
    Profit = 5 on a bet at 2.00 returns me 10 so the profit here is 5

Bank: 20

Bet One

Chicago Fire vs. New England Revolution (MLS)

:) Stake: 10 @ 1.83 :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 223 ✭✭RiskItAllRick

Good luck mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Good luck. It's tough to do. I tried something similar and it failed but I still believe it's do-able. Currently trying a a laying version type myself atm, as I try to beat the unbeatable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Well faller at the first hurdle... Back up for one final run. Hopefully this one will come up trumps!

Bank: 10

Bet One

Utrecht vs. RKC Waalwijk

Stake: 10 @ 1.75

Bet One: Win
    Return: 17.50

Bank: 0
    Wallett: 17.50

Bet Two
    Man Utd vs. Chelsea
    Stake: 17.50 @ 1.80

Well this has been a little crap so far :o 2-0 lead thrown away at Old Trafford?? Now thats something I never expected, lucky to still be in the tie......

I'll have a look at fixtures and whatnot and see if I'll start it (again) later. Principles would all be the same.

• Advertisement

Wallet: 10

Bet One
    Slovácko U21 vs Zbrojovka Brno U21

Stake: 10 @ 2.00

Bet One: WIN
    Return: 20
    Profit: 10

Wallet: 20
    Profit/Loss: +10

Bet Two
    Burnley v Hull City

Stake: 10 @ 2.60

Bet Three
    Bohemians
    vs UCD

Stake: 5 @ 2.10

Bet Four
    Dundalk
    vs Shelbourne

Stake: 5 @ 2.10

Bet Two: WIN
    Return: 26
    Profit: 16

Wallet: 26
    Profit/Loss: +26

Bet Three: LOSE
    Return: 0
    Profit: -5

Wallet: 26
    Profit/Loss: +21

Bet Four: WIN
    Return: 10.50
    Profit: 5.50

Wallet: 36.50
    Profit/Loss: +31.50

Wallet: 36.50
    Profit/Loss: +31.50

Bet Five

Barcelona v AC Milan

Stake: 1 @ 10.00

Bet Six
    Schalke v Galatasaray
    Leeds v Peterborough

Stake: 10 @ 3.02

Bet Five: Lose
    Profit: -1

Wallet: 35.50
    Profit/Loss: +30.50

Bet Six: Lose
    Profit: -10

Wallet: 25.50
    Profit/Loss: +20.50

• Advertisement
Advertisement