Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur 4 pm

• 10-03-2013 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

12 points separate the hosts and visitors, once upon a time not so long ago it was Liverpool who would have held the advantage. Liverpools relative decline has coincided with Spurs rise as the former search for that elusive mix of talents to bring back up to speed and the Londoners consolidate the work of *ahem cough* Harry Redknapp with Andre Vills Boas.

Liverpool go into this game is reasonable form, scoring goals but still prone to throwing in the odd stinker ie West Brom. Spurs have not lost since Everton in December They only win by the odd goal but they are very consistent.

Liverpool team news is everyone is back bar long term injured of Martin Kelly and Fabio Borini.

Spurs are missing Huddlestone (?), Kaboul, Sandro and might have to check on Lennon, Adebayor and Dempsey.

Tricky to guess how Liverpool will line up, you'd suppose Sturridge would start but he may not be judged fit enough for the 90. On the other hand Coutinho is going to be benched at some point maybe it's this game.

Reina
    Johnson--Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
    Lucas--Gerrard
    Henderson
    Downing----Suarez--
    Sturridge

is my guess.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can only see a spurs win. Come on the old jinx effect! Its scientificly quantifiable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

3 1 Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Should be a great game, shame it clashes with the United v Chelsea match as it's one I'd like to see.
    Score draw I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I imagine we'll be on top for most of the game, but whether we will be more effective in our attacking possession than Spurs on the counter is another matter.

We need to be as efficient in both attack and defence as we were against Wigan. This match comes down to who makes the crucial mistakes, saves, finishes, final balls etc...

If we can do reasonably well in these areas I think we'll win. If not, Spurs will surely punish us.

Call me optimistic, but I think we'll do it.

2-1 Liverpool and Bale's scoring streak to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Liverpool win by a Suarez goal. Although it may to be a 2-1 cause I think Bale ( as much ad I hate him) is sure to score

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

2-1 Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I may be blinded by bias but the 4.1 on Spurs to win on betfair looks absolutely huge to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

4-0 Tottenham. Can see heads dropping after a Spurs' opener against the run of play. May be one of those days where we lose 3 or 4 nil despite dominating the game in every aspect other than goalscoring.

Hopefully that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hopefully Bale and Defoe score while Bale scores another cracking goal in a 2-0 Spurs win,,

Sure this assumes we can limit Suaraz & choutinio? having time on the ball

COYS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

3-0 to Spurs, more than likely. Although that 4-1 that kryogen pointed out seems to be good shout too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tough game as Pool have looked very dangerous in the last few matches, Suarez is unplayable at times. I'll take a draw. Losing is not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Hopefully liverpool win, first competitive match gonna be at -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Really looking forward to this. I don't think the result is as significant as people make out. It is more for the momentum of the two teams than anything else. If Suarez can be kept quiet Liverpool will be kept quiet. Same goes for bale at spurs.

It could be an interesting day as the teams spurs struggled against (Wigan/Norwich) are the teams Liverpool hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Get a draw and leg it!

Can we bring back Charlie Adam just for this one. He always let poor Gareth know he was there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Can't see anything but a Liverpool win here. Spuds played on Thursday and don't think there should be a 12 points between the teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Do you lads think Coutinho will start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool to win. Can't wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Liverpool should win by at least 6 goals today

Do you lads think Coutinho will start?

Yes

Liverpool likely to line up like this I reckon

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Jose Enrique, Downing, Gerrard, Lucas, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Both teams full of confidence, Spurs more so following a big derby win and thrashing of Euro giants midweek. Should make for an interesting game. Personally I think it's too close to call, I think either team are capable of winning by 2, and I wouldn't be surprised either tbh. Would happily take a draw.

Also, have to say the odds on Spurs are ridiculous, if I was a betting man I'd put quite a few quid on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool should win by at least 6 goals today

Was thinking the same myself...Coutinho to get six and put him in pole position for POTY.

Think anything bar a loss would keep us on pace with United going into the crucial part of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Score draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

the best thing about this fixture last season

Sensation dive from Bale

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'd be delighted with a draw if offered it right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Melion wrote: »

Why though, liverpool at home. The season is over. No pressure on the players. They are scoring for fun. It's a huge game for spurs in the back of two big games. I'd be happy with a draw but liverpool are more than good enough to win this game.

Melion wrote: »

I'd be insulted if someone offered me a draw right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

@Musker_LFC: #LFC Team for today: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge.

@Musker_LFC: There may be a nice surprise on the bench too. #LFC

That guy usually calls it right, itll be a 4-2-3-1 will be interesting to see if its suarez or coutinho in the number 10 role.

Texiera/sama could be the surprise benchee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Era yeah, we're only playing Spurs...All out attack be graaaand.

Sigh.

Had a feeling we were going to line up this way and all. Still think we may find ourselves being dominated without Allen or Henderson in the middle helping out Lucas and Gerrard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Spurs to win 3-2 with a lot of this..

Gareth-Bale-130203-Celebrates-G-300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Has Bale ever explained why he does that actually?

He looks a right plank.

Knex. wrote: »
    Era yeah, we're only playing Spurs...All out attack be graaaand.

Sigh.

Had a feeling we were going to line up this way and all. Still think we may find ourselves being dominated without Allen or Henderson in the middle helping out Lucas and Gerrard.
    I don't think Dembele is playing today and he usually is the man behind Spurs' strong midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I really can't understand how any Liverpool fans would be happy with a draw. A draw's not awful but to be happy with a draw or talk a draw beforehand in a home match is insane.

Firstly a draw is only 1 point, it's not going to get us very far if we want to make a push up the table for European qualification. It's not that much better than a loss points wise, compared to the difference between winning and drawing.

Secondly we've been hammering some teams lately at home. We should be going with confidence regardless of who we're playing. The whole season we've been on top at home, even the games we've lost (arsenal perhaps being the only exception).

Spurs were playing on Thursday. They'll be tired.

Don't get me wrong, Spurs have every chance to get something from this, but we should be looking at ourselves as slight favourites imo, and to be happy with a draw before kickoff in any home game is unfathomable for me.

It's never nice to lose, but draws do not get you up the table. We should never be settling for a draw in home games imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He looks a right plank.

iirc he does it as a symbol of love to his wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He looks a right plank.
    In a Q&A with @spursOfficial he said it was an owl, he loves owls :eek: mind blown!

Also now he does the A for his daughter

Scratch that checked his twitter feed and he calls it his Heart celebration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I don't think Dembele is playing today and he usually is the man behind Spurs' strong midfield
    Why not as far as I know he's fine they took him off after 60 minutes on Thursday to give him a rest Huddlestone, Kaboul and Dempsey definetly out Lennon doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im excited for this one. Set up to be a good game. Spurs have been top class away from home this season whilst Liverpool have been the same the last couple of months at home.

If both Bale and Suarez are kept quiet(which is highly unlikely) then I back spurs to have the extra fire power but I honestly cant call this one

Can't believe Spurs are 100/30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Spurs for me - they are on a great run and looking to secure third spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

3-3 result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Why do you think he's not playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Liverpool 3-1 today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Can't believe Spurs are 100/30.

You can get liverpool at 4/1 if your first time customer with paddy power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

7-2 to Spurs. Bale with 7 goals, and Doni with 2 late ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Spurs are in better form now and over the season thus far. Liverpool's possession based style along with an attacking line up will play into Spurs main strength which is pacey counter attacking. Expect Spurs to invite Pool on and concede possession in the middle of the park. Hopefully a congested final third will over commit Liverpool and congest the space Coutinhio and Suarez have to operate in.

If Lennon is injured then its a massive blow for Spurs. See a Spurs victory with Lennon in the side and a score draw if he is injured.

Luap wrote: »
    7-2 to Spurs. Bale with 7 goals, and Doni with 2 late ones.

That's completely unrealistic..........Doni is not at the club anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

monkey9 wrote: »

This is Doni we're talking about. I don't think some silly FIFA rule is going to stop him, he'll play for whoever he wants whenever he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »

klose wrote: »

@Musker_LFC: There may be a nice surprise on the bench too. #LFC

It's all falling into place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Any pubs in and around town showing this game with sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Any pubs in and around town showing this game with sound?

Which town do you speak of?

• Advertisement
Advertisement