Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur 4 pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Watching the Utd game but thats an excellent result for Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Massive win!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Great yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Epic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

3 huge points in the bag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We started the better team and finished the better team. We deserved that win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Above Everton finally, and possibly for the first time this season? Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Hurrah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What was that about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Huge slice of luck, Spurs deserved a point......but faded badly after Liverpools second.....lovely lovely win for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Get in there, probably didnt deserve the win, but theres been plenty of games this season where we did. Nice for it to go the other way for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

A little bit lucky to get all 3 points I thought, but we'll take them of course. Great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Good win for Liverpool, Spurs will be kicking themselves with those 2 goals coming from bad mistakes by the defence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Beating a top 4 side :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Some handbags after the game :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No idea how we turned it round but it's better than playing well and getting beat as often happens!

Now I'm a fully paid up member of the Stewie Downing fan club :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That was a weird game. For the most part both teams were a bit ****. The ref was too. Just came across as a miserable fecker giving fouls for nothing.

Liverpool kept trying to force it and constantly gave the ball away.

Spurs were more composed in possession but didn't create all that much in open play.

And then there's the ludicrous back passes from Defoe and Walker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Go on Stewie downing manhandle dembele after he has a go at Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

great game for the bindippers/neutrals but we blew it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Hey we beat a top 10 team again???

Our year!

Watching the Utd game but that's an excellent result for Liverpool.

Where is all this lucky stuff coming from?...victory was fully deserved. And not only did we overcome one 'Greatest injustice of all time'tm...we overcame two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

No idea how we won that, spurs imploding or us just getting that bit of luck we constantly seem bereft of...whichever I'm happy

Beating a top 4 side :)
    First time this season right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Well we were gifted those 3 points but i will take 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool have won all games in which they scored at least 3 goals this season.

Silly match really, neither side was fully in control though Spurs had the most impressive "spells" in the game. Still it only takes a silly error and all the good work can be undone.

As for Liverpool this was the required win if only to show they can do it against a good form side. Above Everton on g/d with a game more played, Everton come calling in a few weeks so its in Liverpools hands now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Rodgers - 2-1 down, makes a change that was badly needed and we win 3-2. Credit to the manager today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Spurs threw it away, walker and Defoe with two moments of madness. Deserved at least a draw.. Were well on top and looking good for another goal until Walker let Liverpool back in which gave them a massive lift

daithijjj wrote: »
    Howso?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hey we beat a top 10 team again???

Our year!

More importantly, now we have beaten a top 7 side. That's the stick sky were using today.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

dont agree with Liverpool supporters talking about sneaking it. Thought they deserved the 3 points easily. If Sturridge looked up every now and again he could become a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

D'Agger wrote: »
    Dembele doesn't deserve to be on a losing side today - immense

agree. played an absolute blinder. but saying that great character from Liverpool. seriously didn't think we would do it. steward was immense today. Allen came on and did excellent harassing them and defence held out for once. still serious work / clearing out needed to sort out the ****y errors. coutinho was great on the ball and chelsea just equalised. an enjoyable few hours so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

daithijjj wrote: »

We deserved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Downing my Liverpool man of the match without doubt. Not just because of his goal, but he fought for the cause and kept running at Spurs in that second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

As a Liverpool supporter I'd fcukin' love to have Dembele at the club. Excellent player.

As for the match, a strange one. Spurs deserved at least a point but delighted at LFC not imploding completely for a change.

mosstin wrote: »
    Rodgers - 2-1 down, makes a change that was badly needed and we win 3-2. Credit to the manager today.

Can't really credit a manager for the opposition making two ridiculous errors

Playboy wrote: »

Hehe.

Can't credit Spurs for the ref giving two decisions which led to their goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

aramush wrote: »
    Downing my Liverpool man of the match without doubt. Not just because of his goal, but he fought for the cause and kept running at Spurs in that second half.

Thought he had a great game, but there was no way Suarez wasnt going to get motm since Sky know he can speak english now and give an interview :P

klose wrote: »
    We deserved it

Did in your hole... Got lucky

• Advertisement

I don't understand why Liverpool fans think we were lucky. If anything, Spurs were lucky to get at least one of the free's that they scored from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

missed the winning goal as my laptop decided to have a seizure like i was having during the game.....great win though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fine. I'll credit AVB then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

dont agree with Liverpool supporters talking about sneaking it. Thought they deserved the 3 points easily. If Sturridge looked up every now and again he could become a great player.

Was a tight game. Spurs had a great spell for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half but once Downing scored Liverpool got on top a small bit again. Not to mention Liverpool should have had at least one more penalty.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hehe.

Can't credit Spurs for the ref giving two decisions which led to their goals.

:rolleyes: yup cause they were both free kicks in dangerous places. Spurs scored from open play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Absolute bull**** man of the match decision, Luis was good, but he wasn't our best today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

But you can credit a dodgy ref who gave spurs to soft free kicks and for bottling a red card decision on Jan Vertonghen

Playboy, you're making this win sweeter for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't understand why Liverpool fans think we were lucky. If anything, Spurs were lucky to get at least one of the free's that they scored from.

Ah to be fair spurs were much the better side until walkers moment of madness. A bit of luck is deserved though.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    You're about the first person to give Rodgers credit in a long time around here.

Get out! :pac:

Advertisement