Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur 4 pm

Comments

We can all agree Spurs had a moral victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

But you can credit a dodgy ref who gave spurs to soft free kicks and for bottling a red card decision on Jan Vertonghen

You need to take off the rose tinted specs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah to be fair spurs were much the better side until walkers moment of madness. A bit of luck is deserved though.

They weren't very good though. It looked like two good teams both having a bad day at the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You're about the first person to give Rodgers credit in a long time around here.

Get out! :pac:

Didn't you point out that Knex did it during the last match?

People can hardly give him credit for the stuff he doesn't do while we are not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

You're about the first person to give Rodgers credit in a long time around here.

Get out! :pac:

Had to be said. We've been really good for a sustained period now - WBA result apart - and are finally getting the results we should have been getting earlier in the season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

But you can credit a dodgy ref who gave spurs to soft free kicks and for bottling a red card decision on Jan Vertonghen

liverpool also had three good penalty shouts turned down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Playboy wrote: »

What?.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah to be fair spurs were much the better side until walkers moment of madness. A bit of luck is deserved though.

Thought the first half was even steven. Spurs then got well on top for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half. After Downing's goal Liverpool were then the better side.

Could easily have been a draw but either side could have nicked it and one did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Playboy wrote: »

He was booked for a hand ball was also stopped a goal scoring opportunity as ball was going through to Sturridge who was clean through so thats a red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Spurs faded horribly though.....lost all shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Didn't realise Bale had been so blatant for Spurs second goal. Grabbing his face like he'd been stabbed because Lucas touched his shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I actually like that Lucas gave the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People can hardly give him credit for the stuff he doesn't do while we are not playing.
    Yea, that's it.

When we lose, it's all his fault.

When we win, it has nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Feck it anyway, silly mistakes cost us. Got to get the heads up and carry on the charge to Champions League football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Turtyturd wrote: »

You've jumped the shark baby.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Didn't realise Bale had been so blatant for Spurs second goal. Grabbing his face like he'd been stabbed because Lucas touched his shoulder.

Likewise.

BALE-CHEAT.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Anyone else worried about Suarez developing a drinking problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Likewise.

BALE-CHEAT.gif

Shhhhh he is British so does not cheat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Likewise.

BALE-CHEAT.gif

This is disgusting. Liverpool were lucky to win insofar as they didn't play great but truth be told Spurs were not great themselves, there was a serious amount of luck for both of their goals and they created relatively little for most of the match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

A very good win that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Anyone wrote: »
    Thought he had a great game, but there was no way Suarez wasnt going to get motm since Sky know he can speak english now and give an interview :P

Haha, very true, any excuse to get him on tv now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hard defeat to take, but that's football, we've just gotta move on, still have a job to do at Inter and then onto Fulham at home next Sunday, Our 12 game unbeaten run had to come at some stage

yids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Good stuff from the pool today, lets make it 4 in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nice one, well done Pool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Agree that Spurs were the 'better' team who maybe 'deserved' the win, but really that argument is irrelevant, because we would be comfortably in the top 4 places if this gave you the 3 points, and not many on here feel sorry for us when we don't get our just desserts.

How many times when we dominate a match are we told that our defence isn't good enough, our strikers not clinical enough, we make too many mistakes etc...

The fact is Spurs made 2 dreadful errors today and that will generally cost you dearly. Is the team that gifts away two stupid goals really the better team on the day?

I think the only time you can really come away complaining about luck is when a key decision is wrongly called against you. If the mistakes are of your own making you have no recourse.

Also, after watching the replay of the Lucas/Bale 'foul' I have to say I feel a whole lot less sorry for Spurs. I thought it was debatable at the time, but on that replay it looks very, very soft - Bale saw he had lost it with the covering Coutinho and just hit the deck feigning a hand in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Delighted we won, delighted Bale showed himself for what he is, a pussy.

The ref was an even bigger pussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Super-Rush wrote: »

Bale had two assists today, one of the best players on the field. He put in a brilliant cross after beating Enrique I think it was and being pressured by one of the centre backs. What are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bale had two assists today, one of the best players on the field. He put in a brilliant cross after beating Enrique I think it was and being pressured by one of the centre backs. What are you on about?

Dembele and Verthogen were but better todah despite Bale's 2 assists.

Do you know what pussy means?

He is a coward. No qualms about his ability whatsoever but the way he went down holding his face after the tangle with Lucas and his bitching about Gerrard challenging him fairly makes him a pussy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He is a coward. No qualms about his ability whatsoever but the way he went down holding his face after the tangle with Lucas and his bitching about Gerrard challenging him fairly makes him a pussy.

Better than last season's performance, though.

article-0-119D7540000005DC-206_468x536.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,088 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah what are u on about? Bale was one of the better players on the field take off your red tinted glasses and stop abusing players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Yeah what are u on about? Bale was one of the better players on the field take off your red tinted glasses and stop abusing players!

0/10 for Reading Comprehension.

I've already explained myself.

If Suarez had done what Bale did i'd be the first one to condemn it.

My sister has more balls than he showed in those two instances. Him whining to the ref in the tunnel at half time was worse. Surely you don't think both those instances were fouls?

Is it okay for a Spurs supporter to refer to Liverpool fans as bindippers?

Well it didn't take much for Suarez to go down in the box when challenged by BAE. I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty but I don't think Suarez needed to go down. If that wasn't given he would have stayed down for sure. Almost all top players these days seem to go down easily and piss and moan all the time.

The only difference between Bale and others is that he came up in the english game where you are not trained how to dive and he is worse at it just like your own Stevie G.

• Advertisement

Is it okay for a Spurs supporter to refer to Liverpool fans as bindippers?
    Talk about raking up the past Ade it must be great to be a Moderator! I took my punishment at the time but it seems to be ok for Liverpool supporting Mods to call Spurs players Pussy!

Well it didn't take much for Suarez to go down in the box when challenged by BAE. I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty but I don't think Suarez needed to go down. If that wasn't given he would have stayed down for sure. Almost all top players these days seem to go down easily and piss and moan all the time.

The only difference between Bale and others is that he came up in the english game where you are not trained how to dive and he is worse at it just like your own Stevie G.

Gerrard was king of the starfish dive for a long time. I've no problems admitting that, but we both know he wouldn't have made such a meal out of someone beating him to a header and gettimy a clatter. Nor would Scott Parker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Talk about raking up the past Ade it must be great to be a Moderator! I took my punishment at the time but it seems to be ok for Liverpool supporting Mods to call Spurs players Pussy!

Not sure if he was raking up the past but there was a few instances of that name calling elsewhere today.

Meh, calling a player a pussy is harmless imo but that's just me. I'm sure I've called one or two Liverpool and Dortmund players the same in the past on here (definitely elsewhere anyway!), I'm sure Super Rush has said similar.

Insulting a set of fans is far worse.

Meh, calling a player a pussy is harmless imo but that's just me. I'm sure I've called one or two Liverpool and Dortmund players the same in the past on here (definitely elsewhere anyway!), I'm sure Super Rush has said similar.

Agree and as a Spurs fan we know all about it from gas chamber hissing to Nazi salutes happens across a lot of grounds! Anyway the only two pussies on Spurs team were Walker and Defoe for their Hospital back passes :(
    Liverpool fans should just enjoy their victory over an in form top 4 team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Because that's in the same ballpark, yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Calling a player a pussy is a hell of a lot different to calling a group of supporters "bindippers" and well you know it. You're full of crap.

Its unreal around here. Liverpool win a match and they are still not happy, they have to go and put down the best player off the team they beat. Its just ridiculous.

You give the club you support an awful name.

I have an infraction fir calling Shelvey a cnut.

Would it be better if I called Bale spineless or yellow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Its unreal around here. Liverpool win a match and they are still not happy, they have to go and put down the best player off the team they beat. Its just ridiculous.

There are people like that but they are the minority.

Ill enjoy the win today, bar a **** spell we played well and a lot of positives to take from the game. Nice to have a real victory over a good team than a moral one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Calling a player a pussy is a hell of a lot different to calling a group of supporters "bindippers" and well you know it. You're full of crap.

He never said they were the same :confused: Read the posts before you jump on the bandwagon next time:rolleyes:

In the grand scheme if things does it really matter what football fans say on message boards?

Of course not.

Careful you don't fall from up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He never said they were the same :confused: Read the posts before you jump on the bandwagon next time:rolleyes:

There's a bandwagon? If you say so:rolleyes:

And I did read the posts,thank you very much.

Maybe we interpreted them differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

There's a bandwagon? If you say so:rolleyes:

And I did read the posts,thank you very much.

Maybe we interpreted them differently.

I don't know how you can interprete them any different way:confused: He never equated the two and you waded in and said he was full of crap. Imo you need to pay more attention to what is in front of you and pull in your beak;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement