Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur 4 pm

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Fair play to Downing he played well today and Coutinho showed promise too. Concern bout Pool physicality in the centre of midfield and defence.

Impressed by Spurs they have a really strong squad and should improve with a couple additions one being a real top level striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its unreal around here. Liverpool win a match and they are still not happy, they have to go and put down the best player off the team they beat. Its just ridiculous.

You give the club you support an awful name.

Well if you looked hard enough at the most supported clubs on here, you could say that about all of them.

People were just a bit pissed off at the diving and theatrics by Bale, a couple of Spurs fans the same about Suarez, he did make the most of it, but I think it was a penalty.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Careful you don't fall from up there.
    I'm not haughty in any way, I don't support a big team either. I just say it as I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

K-9 wrote: »
    Well if you looked hard enough at the most supported clubs on here, you could say that about all of them.

People were just a bit pissed off at the diving and theatrics by Bale, a couple of Spurs fans the same about Suarez, he did make the most of it, but I think it was a penalty.
    And thats all fine but you got the win so why keep going on about it? If you had lost or drawn the match then I can understand people being annoyed by it but not when you get the result you were looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm not haughty in any way, I don't support a big team either. I just say it as I see it.

What does supporting a big team have to do with anything?

And thats all fine but you got the win so why keep going on about it? If you had lost or drawn the match then I can understand people being annoyed by it but not when you get the result you were looking for.

Probably because we thought we'd lost because of it and given our record this season, understandably so.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

to be honest liverpool could have had a penalty 5 minutes after the one we got when johnson nicked the ball and got taken out by vertongen i think it was.
    ref didnt give it as the peno given was kinda harsh. there was two things about it. first it wasnt major contact, not a trip.
    but he didnt win the ball at the same time and did interfere with suarez. it was 50/50 peno shout, maybe higher in favour.

i am a lpool fan, and was annoyed at how much suarez was whining i will admit. he can do a bit of it. at the same time his class cannot be denied.
    pretty much everything good about the game for both teams came through either bale or suarez so a credit to both of them today.

chuffed with the result but i wasnt happy we resorted to longball for much of the game when we have been very promising in short passing from the back. also pressing didnt happen and the team was deep throughout, maybe due to the pace of tottenham. i guess in the end it worked out but there are quite a few negatives i took from liverpools play. maybe its a positive infact that shows we can have different styles, i dont know, but all in all completely different team today and just glad we got the three points.

Tottenham will secure 2nd or 3rd, I'm hoping chelsea and arsenal keep slipping and we might have a chance to catch up on the 7 point gap. I am hopeful, but it really is a huge ask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Its unreal around here. Liverpool win a match and they are still not happy, they have to go and put down the best player off the team they beat. Its just ridiculous.

You give the club you support an awful name.

Going by today he wasn't the best player in their team.

Dembele and Vertonghen absolutely superb (and I'm a Liverpool fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

kenyard wrote: »
    to be honest liverpool could have had a penalty 5 minutes after the one we got when johnson nicked the ball and got taken out by vertongen i think it was.
    ref didnt give it as the peno given was kinda harsh. there was two things about it. first it wasnt major contact, not a trip.
    but he didnt win the ball at the same time and did interfere with suarez. it was 50/50 peno shout, maybe higher in favour.

i am a lpool fan, and was annoyed at how much suarez was whining i will admit. he can do a bit of it. at the same time his class cannot be denied.
    pretty much everything good about the game for both teams came through either bale or suarez so a credit to both of them today.

chuffed with the result but i wasnt happy we resorted to longball for much of the game when we have been very promising in short passing from the back. also pressing didnt happen and the team was deep throughout, maybe due to the pace of tottenham. i guess in the end it worked out but there are quite a few negatives i took from liverpools play. maybe its a positive infact that shows we can have different styles, i dont know, but all in all completely different team today and just glad we got the three points.

Tottenham will secure 2nd or 3rd, I'm hoping chelsea and arsenal keep slipping and we might have a chance to catch up on the 7 point gap. I am hopeful, but it really is a huge ask

It was a stone wall pen for me. The spurs players reactions told you that, it was clumsy as hell. I don't see how you can see it as 50/50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

niallo27 wrote: »
    It was a stone wall pen for me. The spurs players reactions told you that, it was clumsy as hell. I don't see how you can see it as 50/50.

Assou-Ekotto didnt complain as he knew he fouled Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

niallo27 wrote: »

It was a definite pen. BAE clambered all over Suarez. In fact the other two were probably penalties as well. Walker pulling back Coutinho and Vertonghen's tackle on Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

whats you guys thoughts on selection options now?
    4-3-3 seems our best (coutinho came off for allen changed the game somewhat)
    4 attackers today didnt seem to work the best with suarez and sturridge central. maybe its to be worked on, but i didnt see much potential.
    if it doesnt work, picking 3 players from sturridge,coutinho,suarez,downing,sterling becomes a tough ask. which i guess is great. i like coutinho, but hes on left which suarez fits into and sterling is 3rd optino there even. so it leaves downing with no competition atm.
    rodgers even played enrique offensively this season at times

3 in midfield is also interrsting. lucas passing was shocking today. but him, gerrard seem definites. then henderson, allen, shelvey in for the third position, preferably in that order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

whats you guys thoughts on selection options now?

Not a pool fan but for me, Rodgers should stick Gerrard in the middle, Suarez up front and rotate like hell across the rest of the midfield/attack.

It's all about next season and the one after for Liverpool (what's new? :D - arf arf arf). Nah, seriously though you should just be looking to gel as many players in as possible, get a bit of competition for players, and get everyone's confidence up.

The get a couple of improvements wherever needed in the summer and hit the ground running next year.

I don't think he should go down the lines of having a definite first choice though.

I think the plan was to defend deep and counter, you kind of have to with Carra and that worked for most of the first half. Once Spurs went ahead we got a bit more adventurous which causes problems when you play a team of the quality of Spurs, they are a couple of years ahead of us after all. We got a lucky break for the second goal, but we've got suckered in a good few games this season. We set up well after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I thought it was a very soft peno suarez (BAE didnt touch his legs but they buclked under him like he had been hit by a baseball bat) won myself but pool should have had 1 anyway at least for walkers pull back on couthinio.
    Sure they all even themselves out at the end of the season apparently(if yer Fergie lol).

Re the Bindippers remark from me i have made here earlier

I only found out what it meant today in a PM from Frisbee.
    I always thought it was just another way of saying scouser like..

Ive already explained it in the Spurs forum too btw..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Centre half, centre mid and alternative striker needed in the summer for pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Brilliant win today! Superb in the first half, brutal in the second yet we still managed to turn it around!! Brilliant victory.

Advertisement