Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard updating

Options
  • 10-03-2013 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have a MSI Z77A-G41 mobo and its updated up to v2.4 and there is 4 new updates for it and i was wondering how to update it do i download all the files and then just run the update or what do i do ? i also have click bios 2 if that helps ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Why do you want to update?? Is it not working properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

MSI boards, they have the live update option in the bios but i believe the general consensus is not to use it . And to do bios updates the normal way, the last time i did it with an msi motherboard i downloaded a tool off their websites and used a blank USB which it wrote the update onto and then booted to the USB ...........
    This is going back 2 years so the process may of changed by now

I'd only suggest a BIOS update if you're experiencing a problem that the update corrects. Otherwise keep well away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Thanks guys i was just wondering i thought it would be a bad thing to leave it get out dated so i thought i ask before doing anything, so seeing as my motherboard is working fine dont update anything yes ? :P

Advertisement