Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted / Share] Drumcondra

Options
  • 10-03-2013 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

In need of a room from early April in a house share for myself and my gf.
    I am early thirties, she is late twenties. Ideally around Drumcondra.
    Every one seems to be advertising couples not accepted. Wondering what peoples experience are in this area. Is it worth visiting any of these places in people experience. Not interested in people explaining why people prefer not to live with couples. I want to know one of 2 things please.

1. Have any boardsies managed to secure a place for a couple when, the advert they applied to said "Couples not allowed" or "Couples not accepted" etc.
    2. Apart from that eanyone know of a room for rent in the area that is fine with a couple as it stands.

I have looked on daft.ie , letting.ie etc. Because of the couples not accepted thing I am not getting many results.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I find larger houses tend to be more accepting of couples/ willing to make an exception if they like you than if there is only one or two other house mates. But my experience dates back several years.

What is your budget? Any "must haves" other than accepting couples? How far from Drumcondra are you willing to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

A lot of places put no smokers/ no RA/ no couples because they think they will have their choice of tenants. Two weeks later after 2 no-shows and a few tyre kickers who want huge work done they may change their mind after a viewing.

Take a look around the house, talk about yourself and what you work at and say what you like about the house and what you will offer but tell them that you're a couple and leave it up to them.

If may help to tell them that you need the place for 24 months to save up for a deposit so you can start a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Thanks for the replies guys. She would prefer something close to the city. I would prefer something close to DCU. She doesn't want to live in Santry. This would be a short term thing as we could prefer our own place. I did see some places that were for 3-4 months so these would be ideal if they were willing to accept a couple. Somewhere with a secure garden would be nice to keep a bicycle in. Less people would be preferable but I guess I will need to weigh up the number of housemates via location etc and sit down and have a chat with herself.

Advertisement