Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy dog collars

• 10-03-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

These look brilliant in fairness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I think its great that it could have medical info on it, but the way my mind works, I don't put my address on my dog's tags, when in the UK I put my postcode on, and here I just have the village, and the phone number, for security reasons. Same reasoning that I don't put the dog's name on the tag. Someone steals, or picks up a dog, I don't want them having all that information about my dog.

You can easily get a name tag engraved with your vet's details on one side, along with any major medical issues, such as diabetes, epilepsy.

They also of course don't comply with the current control of dogs legislation, so they would also need a normal tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You decide how much or how little info you want on your pet's profile.

I got these in addition to the girls' Identitag tags. They were only €7.50 each or so! Just in case they lose their Identitags.

This is Boo's profile when you scan the QR code or enter the URL. (I photoshopped out my name and contact phone numbers.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have a furcode tag - got it free after posting about them here :D. I have an identitag on his collar and the furcode on his harness..planning on getting another tag for his second harness - either another furcode or an identitag with the furcode url on it. I have his medical history, dates of operations on his webpage and that he's afraid of vets etc etc
    Maybe it's just me but having a dog with medical issues if god forbid he was lost I'd want somebody to know his medical history because it has a big impact on how he is with strangers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's a furcode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Dunny wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's a furcode?

It's a type of ID tag with a QR code and URL that points to a web page like the one in the pic boomerang attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

tk123 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but having a dog with medical issues if god forbid he was lost I'd want somebody to know his medical history because it has a big impact on how he is with strangers?

I'm the same, Jess wears an ID tag with "I'm deaf" on it in huge writing. It's not the prettiest but it's hard to miss. I'd hope that if someone found her wandering (god forbid) it would make them more likely to take an interest in finding her owner. I think I'm going to get a fur code for her as well.

Advertisement