Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mouldy buggy straps

Options
  • 10-03-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi, this has probably come up before. I have a mac Claren buggy and we don't use it as often an more because my son is 3 and good for walking fair distances. I do still need it on occasion though(e.g. next week at Patrick's day parade, safer to have him in buggy because of crowds+more walking than usual involved) anyway it was left in the boot of husbands car and I took it out yesterday to discover it's covered in mould. It's one of those washable ones so I removed all covers even the hood and put them in machine. They came out perfect. The straps however can't be removed which is stupid. So I filled a basin with water and bleach and let the strap sit in it for a few hours. It didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions. I know mould can be dangerous but it looks awful too. Other than the straps the buggy looks brand new since being washed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Same happened here :(

Only thing that worked for me was bleach in bowl and let straps sit in it as log as possible.

I had used toothbrush and mould and mildew remover and scrubbed also first. Might have been combo of 2 methods

Also after use hair drier to dry them after so they dry quickly

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Just put washing powder or washing up liquid into the water and soak! Works wonders for my high chair straps after a few days of himself flinging all different shades of food around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Lisha wrote: »
    Same happened here :(

Only thing that worked for me was bleach in bowl and let straps sit in it as log as wossible.

I had used toothbrush and mould and mildew remover and scrubbed also first. Might have been combo of 2 methods

Also after use hair drier to dry them after so they dry quickly

Best of luck
    You mentioned mould and mildew remover. What is it called and where can I buy it. I have it soaking in vanish gel at the moment. Worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

If you would like a non toxic alternative you can you white vinegar and baking power just mix to a paste, apply leave 5 mins and wash off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    You mentioned mould and mildew remover. What is it called and where can I buy it. I have it soaking in vanish gel at the moment. Worth a try.

Any supermarket in the cleaning aisle.
    It's in a spray bottle can't remember the brand . It's rotten really gross to breathe in I don't have it at home any more
    But really I think bleach did trick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think its a dettol product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    If you would like a non toxic alternative you can you white vinegar and baking power just mix to a paste, apply leave 5 mins and wash off.

Bakîng powder and vinegar are toxic enough in fairness. That's mostly what is in the other products too.

Boiling water and a bit of soap is what I'd try. Boiling water kills a LOT of things...

Advertisement