Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel trains dogs to attack Arabs who say 'Allah Akbar'

• 10-03-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Israeli lawmaker Ahmad Tibi on Monday alleged that the Israeli military trains dogs to attack anyone saying Allahu Akbar, Arabic for “God is great.”

According to the Israeli daily Haaretz, Tibi told Knesset members on Monday that at a canine unit ceremony held the day before, parents of the soldiers witnessed demonstrations proving these allegations.

"IDF [Israeli forces] dogs are trained to pounce and attack any Arab who shouts Allah Hu Akbar, as a Pavlovian reaction," said Tibi. "So here I say: Allahu Akbar. Are there any dogs here to attack me?"

The Israel Defense Forces has not denied allegations, they issued a statement: "One of the canine unit's many capabilities is to train the dogs at locating the enemy when dressed both in uniform and as civilian. This is an ability that has proven itself in many cases."

Story link 1

link 2

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    Please be advised that this OP focuses more on a discussion of ethics or religion, and has therefore been closed. Furthermore, when I clicked on the first "Haaretz" link, I got a advertisement for learning the Hebrew language. On the 2nd time I clicked it, a donation pop-up occurred, and such advertising links violate our charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement