Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increased fair usage cap?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I see on the current eircom unlimited packages that the fair usage cap is 500gb. Does this apply only to new customers? I'm currently about 6 months into the regular package which had a fair usage of 250gb, is this changed? Would be useful to know with the amount of video streaming going on in the household at the moment!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I see on the current eircom unlimited packages that the fair usage cap is 500gb. Does this apply only to new customers? I'm currently about 6 months into the regular package which had a fair usage of 250gb, is this changed? Would be useful to know with the amount of video streaming going on in the household at the moment!

Hi blankstare90

I have looked into this for you based on details we have on record for youfrom a pervious case, I can confirm that your current broadband subscription fair usage download limit is 250GB. I was not aware of any change to 500GB and considering this can you let me know where you obtained this information from and I will investigate this further?

Regards

Al

Hi blankstare90

I have looked into this for you based on details we have on record for youfrom a pervious case, I can confirm that your current broadband subscription fair usage download limit is 250GB. I was not aware of any change to 500GB and considering this can you let me know where you obtained this information from and I will investigate this further?

Regards

Al
    http://www.eircom.net/policy/
    eircom Broadband Home Professional: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with an unlimited traffic allowance subject to fair usage of 500GB.

eircom Broadband Home Plus: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with an unlimited traffic allowance subject to fair usage of 500GB.

eircom Broadband Home Starter: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with an unlimited traffic allowance subject to fair usage of 500GB.

eircom net Broadband Home Turbo: the ADSL service which provides the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with unlimited traffic allowance subject to fair usage of 500GB.

eircom net Next Generation Broadband Basic 8Mb: the ADSL service which provided the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with a traffic allowance of 10Gb.

eircom net Next Generation Broadband Regular 8Mb: the ADSL service which provided the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, unlimited traffic allowance subject to fair usage of 500GB.

eircom net Next Generation Broadband Velocity 24Mb: the ADSL service which provided the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, with a traffic allowance of 50GB..

eircom net Next Generation Broadband Ultimate 24Mb: the ADSL service which provided the Customer with unlimited hours per monthly billing, unlimited traffic allowance subject to fair usage of 500GB.

There is no service with 250GB FUP any more.

http://www.eircom.net/policy/

There is no service with 250GB FUP any more.

Hi Deleted User and blankstare90

Apologies for the misunderstanding and confusion on this, I was not aware ofthe recent changes and upon the information provided by Deleted User I have investigated this further and I can confirm that this has indeed been doubled from 250gb to 500gb.

Kind Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 31 blankstare90

Excellent, thanks for that, I can stop watching the broadband usage meter now.

Excellent, thanks for that, I can stop watching the broadband usage meter now.

Hi blankstare90

No problem, I'm also happy to see that the fair usage policy has been increased!

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement