Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec alarm battery change

Options
  • 10-03-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Changed barrery now need engineer code to reset but company has folded and no sign of engineer have tried a few things on these threads none work cant afford a call out ar the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Changed barrery now need engineer code to reset but company has folded and no sign of engineer have tried a few things on these threads none work cant afford a call out ar the moment.

If you send me a P.M with who installed the alarm I will see if I have the code on my list. Other than defaulting if not engineer locked you would need an engineer to do this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stevewoods810

altor wrote: »

If you send me a P.M with who installed the alarm I will see if I have the code on my list. Other than defaulting if not engineer locked you would need an engineer to do this for you.
    How much would that be thank

How much would that be thank

Sorry don't understand what you mean?

altor wrote: »

Sorry don't understand what you mean?
    Would you know roughly a engineer would charge . The guy who fitted the alarm moved to America.

Would you know roughly a engineer would charge . The guy who fitted the alarm moved to America.

Prices can vary, about 50-80 euro just to reset and programmed.
    Shopping around is your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the battery is already in place its a 10 minute job. Don't accept anything on the higher side.

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the battery is already in place its a 10 minute job. Don't accept anything on the higher side.
    Had a look it seems its an issue with the outside alarm and these are discontinued where would I find one o the joys

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What is showing up on the screen after you changed the battery?

What is showing up on the screen after you changed the battery?
    22 call engineer and mains

22 is anything on the bell bus?
    If you enter clear set full what does it say?
    Is it tamper SAB or Fault SAB?
    Has the mains power been turned back on?
    Have you checked the bell connections in the panel?
    Its possible they may have come loose when changing the battery.

• Advertisement

22 is anything on the bell bus?
    If you enter clear set full what does it say?
    Is it tamper SAB or Fault SAB?
    Has the mains power been turned back on?
    Have you checked the bell connections in the panel?
    Its possible they may have come loose when changing the battery.
    Checked panal checked outside alarm all connections seem good the fault is 1 sab

The next thing to do is take the external bell down and wire directly in to the panel .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skipjack

Hi

Does anyone have any battery install instructions with screen shots\pics for the Astec 63DV alarm?

Thanks
    Shawn

Ill send you the manual. But it doesn't really tell you much on changing that battery. I'll try explain it here as easy as I can.

Turn off the mains power to the panel.
    Turn the 2 plastic screws on the top lid to vertical & pull that lid off towards you.
    Remove the 3 holding screws for the main cover using a small Phillips screwdriver. There are 2 screws recessed at centre left & right of the panel. The 3rd is under the warranty sticker.
    Remove the lid carefully it will still be connected via the neon spur cables.
    Remove the battery link to the very right of the PCB , beside the bell connections.
    Remove the main PCB by removing the 2 screws . One in the centre & one to the right. You will now see the back up battery. If the original battery is still in place you will need to cut the cable tie to release it. Lift it out ,top first, and remove the 2 battery leads.
    Replace with the new battery ensuring the connections are correct. Red to red etc..
    Replace the battery back the same way, bottom first with the terminals nearest you. Ensure the cables are tucked behind the terminals so that they can't be squashed when the main PCB goes back on.
    Replace everything in the same way and remember to replace the battery link before replacing the top cover.
    After you replace the battery link the alarm will sound, you can disarm it using your user code.

Many thanks KoolKid.......have done this procedure but 3yrs ago....bought a cheap battery and only got 3yrs out of it...this time have gone for Panasonic LC-R122R2PG - 12V - 2.2Ah.............lets hope it lasts a bit longer!?

Three years is a bit short. Do you have many power cuts?

Hi...no powers cuts....think the battery was just a rubbish one :p

Possibly, you get what you pay for.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

skipjack wrote: »
    Many thanks KoolKid.......have done this procedure but 3yrs ago....bought a cheap battery and only got 3yrs out of it...this time have gone for Panasonic LC-R122R2PG - 12V - 2.2Ah.............lets hope it lasts a bit longer!?

Where is your control panel located? A place gets very warm like a hot press etc. will dramatically decrease the batteries life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Vfourgerry

Hi
    Looking for a battery for Astec 63 Dc Any info on where they can be purchased.

Best regards
    Gerry.

• Advertisement

Hi Gerry,
    This is the one you want
    98-138-thickbox.jpg
    Any electrical or alarm wholesalers would have these off the shelf.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Vfourgerry

Hi Colm
    Thanks very much for both replies,happy new year to you and yours.

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gilliannoel

hi there sorry if i am posting on wrong thread but someone might be able to help me i have an astec 63 alarm and after afitting a new battery i cannot set my alarm any help would be much appreciated thanks

And what error are you getting when you try to set the alarm?

hi when iset alarm set flashes a couple of times and then does nothing and 77 call enginer is flashing on top right if this helps noel

Do you have the engineer code for the system?

all i have is the default code which doesnt seem to work

It may need to be reset or else defaulted.

any chance you can tell me how to do this

• Advertisement

To try a factory default
    Turn off the mains power.
    Turn the 2 plastic screws to vertical & remove the top panel lid by sliding towards you.
    Locate the battery link to the very right of the PCB & remove it.
    Locate the factory link to the very left of the PCB & remove it.
    Power back up the panel by replacing the & try disarm using the factory 4711 .
    If the panel disarms enter 1174 to enter engineer mode.
    Replace the factory link , close up the panel & reapply the mains power.
    From there there is just some reprogramming to do.

If the above method doesn't work the panel is engineer locked, if you do not have the engineer code you will need an engineer to reset the panel for you.

Advertisement