Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Surgeon recommendations

Options
  • 10-03-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I am on a 457 based in Sydney and after a painful visit to my local dentist I was advised that I would need to get at least my lower 2 wisdom teeth removed by a dental surgeon. The fact that I am not entitled to medicare and my private health fund not covering this type of surgery I am resigned to the fact that it is going to cost me a fair amount of money. I am looking into the cost back home in Ireland to see if an unexpected visit home might be worth while but considering the recovery times and possible follow up apts its likely I will have to get it done here in Australia.

My dentist has given me a list of dental surgeons in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney where I expect it to be perhaps somewhat more expensive than other areas. Has anyone had experience in this type of procedure before and how much it cost them? Can anyone recommend a surgeon based on past experience, cost etc?

Thanks in advance,
    HS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Have you considered flying to Thailand, India or somewhere like that?

It can actually be more cost effective!

Advertisement