Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential supervisors

Options
  • 10-03-2013 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

I asked a lecturer about being a supervisor - so I could put them down on the IRC application. They did not seem overly enthusiastic about this. I don't know what to do about putting down a supervisor now and the IRC deadline is on Tuesday. Would it be too late to contact other potentials tomorrow?? I don't want this to stop me from applying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

There's still time, though it's very late unfortunately. Email them ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Supervisors only have to submit their form on 26th March so there would still be time. You might be hard pressed to find someone to commit at such short notice. Ideally this is the kind of thing you want to work out months in advance, with their input. Best of luck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

Manco wrote: »
    There's still time, though it's very late unfortunately. Email them ASAP.
    Ravelleman wrote: »
    Supervisors only have to submit their form on 26th March so there would still be time. You might be hard pressed to find someone to commit at such short notice. Ideally this is the kind of thing you want to work out months in advance, with their input. Best of luck anyway.

Thanks very much for the replies, very helpful.
    I realise how late it is too! :(
    While I'm here, is it possible to delay applying? I mean, wait until the next intake of applicants later in the year/next year?
    That way I would have everything completely sorted out especially supervisors?

There´s only one call for IRC grants a year, unfortunately. If you´re looking for a March 2014 entry, you still have to apply now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

Ravelleman wrote: »
    There´s is only one call for IRC grants a year, unfortunately. If you´re looking for a March 2014 entry, you still have to apply now.

Thanks again Ravelleman.
    Realistically, I don't think I will make the application this year, but I might look about other types of research instead.

• Advertisement

You might as well give it a try though. You never know and all that.

Remember that most universities will have some kind of internal scholarship system too, so all is by no means lost!

Advertisement